Wonderlic results

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby rep » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:01 am

http://www.macmirabile.com/Wonderlic.htm

this has a bunch of results from the this year, the last couple of years and goes back quite a ways. thought it was interesting.
rep

Postby baller01 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:09 pm

So as I'm scrolling through past scores, I see Marcus Vick scored an 11. Why does this not surprise me?
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:10 pm

the one that got me was jeff george...if we are talking about will and desire, sure, i'll buy a low score, but i kind of figured he was a little smarter than a pet rock
rep

Postby baller01 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:13 pm

rep wrote:the one that got me was jeff george...if we are talking about will and desire, sure, i'll buy a low score, but i kind of figured he was a little smarter than a pet rock

I never seen his score, what was it? I just scrolled down a little ways.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby rep » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:23 pm

george had a 10

i think the lowest score i saw was a 6...oscar davidson...tarheels qb i think from mid- to late-90s. huh...and i thought he gave nc a decent change against florida state back then.
rep

Postby porter_55 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:20 pm

Vince Young scored a 6 on it last year.
porter_55

Postby rep » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:31 pm

porter_55 wrote:Vince Young scored a 6 on it last year.

the site has him listed at 16
rep

Postby simply the best 10 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:18 pm

the wonderlick score is completely meaningless. It doesn't help you read defenses or make a split secound decision.

Look at vince young. He is a great example.
"Greatness consists in trying to be great. There is no other way."

"Skill and confidence are an unconquered army."
simply the best 10
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:54 am

and i think the wonderlic is good as a tool to see where a player is right at the moment...it certainly doesn't mean that he won't get better. with young's score of 16, i think that puts him right about where randall cunningham scored, who didn't turn out to be too bad.

and i also think that when you combine an average score (which i consider a 16 to be) with his athleticism and an absolute unwavering desire to win, you get a pretty good ball player. is he montana, no probably not. but he is a very decent qb.

i would be interested to see the scores of qb's in the league after two or three years...i'd be willing to bet you could see quite a jump, especially with a guy like young.
rep

Postby Wombat » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:13 pm

Something to keep in mind is that this test is not a test of how smart you are, rather it is a test of how well someone can think and reason, how well you can understand something to figure it out. You also do not get a very long time to do this test so you have to think under pressure because of time restraints.

Offensive linemen score a higher average test score than any other position... just thought i might point that out since I was an O-lineman in my day hahaha
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:18 pm

Wombat wrote:Something to keep in mind is that this test is not a test of how smart you are, rather it is a test of how well someone can think and reason, how well you can understand something to figure it out. You also do not get a very long time to do this test so you have to think under pressure because of time restraints.

Offensive linemen score a higher average test score than any other position... just thought i might point that out since I was an O-lineman in my day hahaha

hoggy pride
rep

Postby ndfan » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:27 pm

[user=17]Wombat[/user] wrote:
Something to keep in mind is that this test is not a test of how smart you are, rather it is a test of how well someone can think and reason, how well you can understand something to figure it out. You also do not get a very long time to do this test so you have to think under pressure because of time restraints.

Greenwood you represent linemen like us well!!!
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby porter_55 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:46 pm

rep wrote:
porter_55 wrote:Vince Young scored a 6 on it last year.

the site has him listed at 16

the 16 was the second time he took it.
porter_55

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things