hockey vs baseball

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby baseball » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:28 pm

which would you rather watch state hockey or state baseball?  i know A and B both have baseball at the same time but couldnt 1 if not both be televised?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:54 pm

baseball
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:55 pm

neither haha
project-pat

Postby baseball » Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:39 pm

my question is......since all the other major sports, basketball football and hockey, or televised.....why not baseball?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:02 am

baseball wrote:my question is......since all the other major sports, basketball football and hockey, or televised.....why not baseball?

i'd take baseball in a heartbeat. but it all comes down to $$$$ what NDHSAA can make off the TV contract and what the TV stations are willing to put up for coverage. Sure you can say that baseball MUST be in the contract coverage, but if the TV stations won't bid on it then the other sports lose out to. I think a few years back State FB games didnt make it because of the problems  between TV and NDHSAA
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:59 am

I don't mind watching hs hockey tournament on TV but the thing that bugs me is it seems like its the same teams every year like RR, South, Grafton, and Central. Not a lot of teams that can compete at the same level as those teams in the state.

I'd be for class B baseball on TV, I'd also love to see the state championship matches of wrestling on TV also.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby the low down » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:10 am

How about both being televised?

I played baseball in HS and in the State HS and State Legion tournament on multiple occasions.  It was a great experience and fun for the fans in attendance. It deserves more love than it gets right now, thats for sure.

As for hockey, has anyone one of you ever attended a State HS Hockey tournament game?  When I was at UND, I went and found an atmosphere that rivals the State B baskeball tournament in alot of ways (not completely, but close). Hockey is a very exciting sport that I hope takes on in ND, especially in Western ND.

Here in Minnesota, it is a religion. The State Hockey tournament here is the Texas High School Football, or the Indiana State Basketball tournament, of its sport.  There's no reason, other than money, that ND couldn't share that same success with this sport.
the low down
NDPreps Starter

Postby unc2 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:04 am

baseball
unc2
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:04 am

Yeah, I would much rather see state baseball televised than hockey. I can't stand watching hockey. The only hockey I watch is UND BABY. The NHL lockout was the happiest time of my life.
project-pat

Postby Mauer07 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:31 pm

I wish that any ND baseball could be televised so bad!!! I wouldnt really mind hockey being on TV but I used to hate but now after going to a couple of games inperson I seem to like it
You can't measure the heart of a champion
Mauer07
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby brownbomber » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:22 pm

hockey by far and i play both baseball and hockey
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby klg_11 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:16 am

id say baseball just cuz im from the west and we actually have a chance at state in that sport.
klg_11

Postby GFRR99 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:42 pm

i think a lot of people would watch state baseball if it was on tv
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby Honus355 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:16 pm

It would be awesome to see baseball on TV but there is a problem with baseball, and that is the cameras that it takes to put a quality product on TV so that people will watch them...plus, where would the announcers sit? In an outdoor sport they can't be outside, and i know that in mandan there isn't even room for more than 1 radio guy so they wouldn't be able to be in the press box...
Honus355
NDPreps Starter

Postby klg_11 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:18 am

Honus355 wrote:It would be awesome to see baseball on TV but there is a problem with baseball, and that is the cameras that it takes to put a quality product on TV so that people will watch them...plus, where would the announcers sit? In an outdoor sport they can't be outside, and i know that in mandan there isn't even room for more than 1 radio guy so they wouldn't be able to be in the press box...

have it in williston, there press box is big enough
klg_11

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things