#1 pick

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby rumbles » Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:57 pm

Who will be the first overall to go in the nfl daft
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:52 pm

maurice clarett
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsguy2 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:14 pm

I dont know if i completely agree with it but I think it will be Jamarcus Russell...If I was the Raiders Brady Quinn would be my guy
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:42 pm

sportsguy2 wrote:I dont know if i completely agree with it but I think it will be Jamarcus Russell...If I was the Raiders Brady Quinn would be my guy

good lord why?

i say this and i'm a huge notre dame fan.
rep

Postby bballfan7 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:47 pm

sportsguy2 wrote:I dont know if i completely agree with it but I think it will be Jamarcus Russell...If I was the Raiders Brady Quinn would be my guy

All that Brady Quinn has proven is that he cant win the big games he lost to USC everytime if i remember right, and i dont think he has won a bowl game either.  Sure he threw 37 TDs and 7 INTs this season but what good does that do if he cant win the games that matter most.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsguy2 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:59 pm

Brady ran the pro-style system at Notre Dame under an ex-coordinator who wasnt bad back in his NFL days..so he is in my opinion ready for the NFL....I'm not saying that he is the best player in the draft but I think the Raiders need to get a QB with their #1 pick.....If Brian Brohm would have entered the draft this year, I would have said him.
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rumbles » Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:02 pm

bballfan7 wrote:

All that Brady Quinn has proven is that he cant win the big games he lost to USC everytime if i remember right, and i dont think he has won a bowl game either.  Sure he threw 37 TDs and 7 INTs this season but what good does that do if he cant win the games that matter most
At tennesee Payton Manning couldn't win the big game against Flordia. He's doing just fine right now
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DeuceTrey » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:31 pm

can someone please tell me what is so special about russel. all i see is another culpepper in the making, maybe even worse. he didnt do anything special in college, in fact he wasnt even the best qb in the SEC last year, let alone the best in the draft. i think he will be a bust.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:42 pm

i think he has a ton of tangibles and very few intangibles. once the combine rolls around then people will find out if he has intangibles.

he is huge and can throw the ball 40 yards on a line from his back or sitting down...can't remember which.

i'll be curious to see his 40 time...i liken him more to a byron leftwich-type of guy in my mind's eye...huge arm, not a ton of scrambling ability.

i have no clue how smart he is or what kind of passing game lsu has...

he probably has bigger hands than pep
rep

Postby rumbles » Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:20 pm

1 of Russels weaknesses is making bad descisons. i still cant get over his arm strength and size though
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby point/center » Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:20 am

rumbles wrote:1 of Russels weaknesses is making bad descisons. i still cant get over his arm strength and size though
sounds pretty close to Daunte
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby DeuceTrey » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:45 am

rumbles wrote:1 of Russels weaknesses is making bad descisons. i still cant get over his arm strength and size though

how many qbs have you seen that have succeded in the NFL who could get away with making bad desicions, and dont say Rex, because he will be gone in at least a year. and im still going to stick with my prediction that Russell will become the next Culpepper.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rumbles » Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:48 pm

DeuceTrey wrote:

how many qbs have you seen that have succeded in the NFL who could get away with making bad desicions, and dont say Rex, because he will be gone in at least a year. and im still going to stick with my prediction that Russell will become the next Culpepper.
he is not that bad. i mean he doesnt do it all the time but it would be his biggest weakness cuz hes so good at evey thing else. hes not a terrible desicion maker.
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:31 pm

well even if he is the next cullpepper....that means he will have one amazing year...and one amazing qb year for the raiders might lead to a magical season.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby rumbles » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:39 pm

The Schwab wrote:well even if he is the next cullpepper....that means he will have one amazing year...and one amazing qb year for the raiders might lead to a magical season.
if he has time to throw
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wombat » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:20 pm

Whether you compare him to culpepper OR leftwich... what have EITHER of them done lately? they are both busts.

I think that Russel could become a good NFL quarterback if he didn't have to go to a Raiders team where he's going to be expected to jump in and start playing right away. He needs to be polished before he's ready to step up and play. I don't think that Quinn is the answer either! This year's class of QB's is not nearly as good as it has been in the last few years. None of these guys coming out are Leinarts or Young's... But even with all that said, I still think he'll be the #1 overall pick even though he is far from the best PLAYER in the draft... he just happens to be at the position where the #1 team has a big need.

Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:26 am

well they both got hurt the past year......so that's my answer to the question "what have either of them done lately"....thats my final answer "got hurt".
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things