my favorite

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby point/center » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:08 pm

I know rep will take issue cause he's the anti-- ESPN, but I sure enjoy listening to Mike Patrick call football and college BB games on the TV. His voice is smooth and mellow. His call is steady, he knows when to just let the game tell the story.

And it's not so Brent Musburger-esque....he doesnt make Duke/Clemson sound like it's USA vs USSR in Olympic hockey.

Brent drives me nuts. He could make Menoken vs Crystal Springs sound like the NBA Champions hip

PS i hope Duke loses again tonight
Last edited by point/center on Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:52 pm

point/center wrote:I know rep will take issue cause he's the anti-- ESPN, but I sure enjoy listening to Mike Patrick call football and college BB games on the TV. His voice is smooth and mellow. His call is steady, he knows when to just let the game tell the story.

And it's not so Brent Musburger-esque....he doesnt make Duke/Clemson sound like it's USA vs USSR in Olympic hockey.

Brent drives me nuts. He could make Menoken vs Crystal Springs sound like the NBA Champions hip

PS i hope Duke loses again tonight

I love Mike Patrick his voice is very entertaining... but hey why hate on Musburger?  I love listening to him call football games.  Also some of you might not agree with me on this one but Billy Packer is prolly the best college bball announcer out there, he sure knows the game and his voice is entertaining as well.   I also love listening to Gus Johnson during March Madness he gets so excited.  But overall I think CBS has the best announcers, nothing better than Gary Daniels for college fball, Packer and Johnson for college hoops, and Jim Nantz and Phil Simms for nfl.
Last edited by Ming01 on Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby NBE2007 » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:13 pm

By the way...Duke won
NBE2007

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things