Scottie Pippen coming back

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby gator-nation » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:34 pm

what are everyones thoughts on this?

i think it is a big mistake
gator-nation

Postby project-pat » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:47 pm

agreed. It's gonna be just like when MJ returned. his numbers are gonna be way down, and he's just gonna end up embarassing himself.
project-pat

Postby baseball » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:01 pm

project-pat wrote:agreed. It's gonna be just like when MJ returned. his numbers are gonna be way down, and he's just gonna end up embarassing himself.

i wouldnt say MJ embarassed himself.  no one expected him to put up the same numbers he did when he was 28 but he held his own for his age i think
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:57 pm

I just think he should quit while he's ahead. He's recognized as a legend, and if he's returned he'll be just another mediocre ball player.
project-pat

Postby cornerback*22 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:04 pm

how many times have we seen this where older retired players who are already great try to come back and end up sitting on the bench, same old story, but why would he come back anyways, he has 6 rings...
cornerback*22
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:24 pm

cornerback*22 wrote:how many times have we seen this where older retired players who are already great try to come back and end up sitting on the bench, same old story, but why would he come back anyways, he has 6 rings...

he wants to play in a warm climate for a playoff contender....is it jsut me or is he being selfish to come back for another ring.....
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:30 pm

He's trying to one up MJ, haha
project-pat

Postby baseball » Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:32 pm

the truth is Pippen was made by MJ and everyone knows that, now hes comin back to prove he can play witohut him.  he couldnt even play without him 5 years ago how can he do it now.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby unc2 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:13 pm

Well seeing him shoot in the haier shooting stars on saturday night i feel he should just stay retired and not return to any team
unc2
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan_05 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:30 am

When I first heard this, I had to say I couldn't stop laughing.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby grizz » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:12 pm

i dont know why retired players feel like they need to come back. i think they should keep their egos off the court and at home with their 5 million dollar houses they bought with the money from their first go-around.
NDPreps All-Pro
grizz
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:17 pm

grizz wrote:i dont know why retired players feel like they need to come back. i think they should keep their egos off the court and at home with their 5 million dollar houses they bought with the money from their first go-around.

if you feel the need to get another paycheck do what kenny smith and Charles Barkley did and get a headset.....work for ESPN, TNT, NBATV, or whatever it is jsut analyzing the games instead of playing them.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby unc2 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:43 pm

Ive been hearig phil jackson wants to pick him up since the lakers didnt make a trade. In my opinion it would just be a waste
unc2
NDPreps Starter

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things