Maryland over Duke!

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby rumbles » Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:07 pm

Maryland beat Duke by 12. I love it!
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby point/center » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:07 pm

that made my day....awesome. never thought I'd cheer for the turtles
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby nd-ball41 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:32 pm

Duke has now lost 4 games in a row...looks like they are in a thing i like to call a slump!
nd-ball41

Postby NBE2007 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:49 am

Why so much hate for Duke?...they are a young team who are coping to the loss of there main scorers... over the next 2 or 3+ years they will be good. They have 6 Freshmen, 5 Sophomores, 2 Juniors, and a senior that doesn't even play...they also have 3 awesome players that are committed to them right now...Kyle Singler, Nolan Smith, and Taylor King i believe
NBE2007

Postby baseball » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:51 am

yea they will be good in a few years except Paulus....he gets worse as the season goes on, that wont stop next year.  McRoberts figured out he cant lead the team in assists but has to score more they might have a chance.  Scheyer is a stud.....the next JJ with already proven driving ability which took JJ til about his junior year to do that.  they reason everyone is hating on them is because this is the one year they arent good and im loving it.  we all knwo they will be good again in the next few years so we have to enjoy it while we can........
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rumbles » Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:17 am

I cheer for 2 teams. Maryland and whoever plays duke
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DeuceTrey » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:02 pm

NBE2007 wrote:Why so much hate for Duke?...they are a young team who are coping to the loss of there main scorers... over the next 2 or 3+ years they will be good. They have 6 Freshmen, 5 Sophomores, 2 Juniors, and a senior that doesn't even play...they also have 3 awesome players that are committed to them right now...Kyle Singler, Nolan Smith, and Taylor King i believe

why so much hate? because they are Duke, thats why. It's like the Yankees in baseball. but i will admit, i am in love with Duke basketball right now, and i dont think i will ever like them as much as i do right now ever again. keep it up Dukies, america loves it.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:42 pm

You leave the Yankees out of it.
project-pat

Postby NBE2007 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:33 pm

So you guys hate Duke because they are a good basketball team and have been over the years..that's like me saying I hate MPCG in basketball or Cavalier in football or something along those lines
NBE2007

Postby project-pat » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:34 pm

I hate duke simply because i bleed tarheel blue.
project-pat

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:34 am

project-pat wrote:I hate duke simply because i bleed tarheel blue.

yah, i hate duke cause i bleed terrapin red!! GO TERPS! haha. Duke is very good though, I won't argue that.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby The Schwab » Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:35 am

what are everyone's thoughts on Duke being in jeopardy of missing the field of 65
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby rumbles » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:08 pm

The Schwab wrote:what are everyone's thoughts on Duke being in jeopardy of missing the field of 65
I think they will find a way to make it still but they won't last long
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:28 am

anyone know how Duke did against BC last night? I missed the second half.
thunderbaseball_38

Postby rumbles » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:26 am

thunderbaseball_38 wrote:anyone know how Duke did against BC last night? I missed the second half.
BC came back and had it within 6 but it was to little to late and duke came out with a win
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baller01 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:54 am

baseball wrote:yea they will be good in a few years except Paulus....he gets worse as the season goes on, that wont stop next year.  McRoberts figured out he cant lead the team in assists but has to score more they might have a chance.  Scheyer is a stud.....the next JJ with already proven driving ability which took JJ til about his junior year to do that.  they reason everyone is hating on them is because this is the one year they arent good and im loving it.  we all knwo they will be good again in the next few years so we have to enjoy it while we can........

Haha, good one. The guy looks like he is 12. JJ was a stud, yes. But Scheyer needs to hit pueberty first before he can be compared to Redick.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:15 am

rumbles wrote:
thunderbaseball_38 wrote:anyone know how Duke did against BC last night? I missed the second half.
BC came back and had it within 6 but it was to little to late and duke came out with a win

thanks
thunderbaseball_38

Postby baseball » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:23 am

baller01 wrote:
baseball wrote:yea they will be good in a few years except Paulus....he gets worse as the season goes on, that wont stop next year.  McRoberts figured out he cant lead the team in assists but has to score more they might have a chance.  Scheyer is a stud.....the next JJ with already proven driving ability which took JJ til about his junior year to do that.  they reason everyone is hating on them is because this is the one year they arent good and im loving it.  we all knwo they will be good again in the next few years so we have to enjoy it while we can........

Haha, good one. The guy looks like he is 12. JJ was a stud, yes. But Scheyer needs to hit pueberty first before he can be compared to Redick.

JJ was crap.  he was worthless at the college level.  the only reason he got that many points was he spot 60 times a game and from 30 feet where he would make 2-3 a game so it helps when they dont guard you out there.  Its ironic how i hate the guy with a passion since people say i used to play alot like him hahaha.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby knights4 » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:19 am

JJ will be out of the nba in five years because his only skill was hitting college three's coming off 2 or 3 picks, he's not even close to as athletic as everyone else in the nba, he wont even be able to get a shot off. The defenders will be all over him cause he cant drive by anyone, and he cant defend on the other end, I dont understand why anyone would waste a lottery pick on him     
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:32 am

knights4 wrote:JJ will be out of the nba in five years because his only skill was hitting college three's coming off 2 or 3 picks, he's not even close to as athletic as everyone else in the nba, he wont even be able to get a shot off. The defenders will be all over him cause he cant drive by anyone, and he cant defend on the other end, I dont understand why anyone would waste a lottery pick on him     

the reason teams pend lottry picks on these players is that theres alot of players who make great college players but not even close to good NBA players.  Keith Langford and Wayne Simien for example, 2 of the Big XII best players a few years back and Simien doenst get off the bench and Langford wasnt even drafted.  others that come to mind are Blake Stepp, Rashad McCants, and Dee and Shannon Brown.....
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rumbles » Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:03 am

baller01 wrote:

Hahaha thats funny. Scheyer's arms look like there the size of most peples's fingers
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rumbles » Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:49 pm

Maryland beat #5 UNC. they are on fire right now
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things