Sports Card Collectors

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby ND_SportsNut » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:20 pm

Does anyone on here do much with sports cards. I enjoy opening a few boxes every once and awile and keeping up with the new basketball and football stuff. Do we got any card collectors on here ?
ND_SportsNut

Postby DeuceTrey » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:42 pm

i was really into that from ages 10-13, basketball and football cards, not baseball. i had well over 1,000 cards, and growing, but i eventually just stopped. i kinda want to get back into it again, but im a little low on money. i still like to stop in card stores every once and a while to see what they look like again.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:28 am

DeuceTrey wrote:i was really into that from ages 10-13, basketball and football cards, not baseball. i had well over 1,000 cards, and growing, but i eventually just stopped. i kinda want to get back into it again, but im a little low on money. i still like to stop in card stores every once and a while to see what they look like again.

Yeah, I collected "back in the day" too. I still have a pile of cards, probably close to 5000, if not more. Used to go to card shops and they would sell bundles of 1500-3500 in one huge box. You never knew what cards were in it, but there were a few good ones, mostly junk though. I bet I havent even looked through mine in about 10 years. I know I have a safe that has a lot of expensive(at that time) cards in it, cant remember the combo though.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:26 am

I don't collect, but I've bought some with potential and given them out for christmas gifts to young relatives who are sports fans.

Just an idea, sometimes it's hard to find things you can afford, and sports cards come in all price ranges.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:48 am

i was nutzo into cards for the 80s. mostly football. anybody want to buy a collection? rookie cards up the wazoo included. i'm ready to sell out
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfbfan » Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:58 am

Ya, if anyone knows someone who is seriously interested in buying 80's and 90's baseball,football and basketball cards, let me know. I've got somwhere in the area of 30,000-40,000 cards. My mother is bugging me to get them out of her house. There is some good stuff in there, mixed with a lot of worthless garbage. I want to get rid of the whole thing. 2 cards I won't part with, Cal Ripken Jr.'s topps traded rookie and John Elway's rookie. Other than that, it can all go.
ndfbfan

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things