Slam Dunk Contest

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby DeuceTrey » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:31 pm

what happened to the Slam Dunk Contest. this year we have a guy who is 5' 8", a 7 foot center, and a 6' 9" power forward. i mean seriously, do they really think these big men will have a lot of flair. the dunk contest isnt about power. even Thomas admitted that it was a joke, and that he wasnt going to try and just get his money and go home. at least the judges are (or were) great dunkers. even LeBron attacked the contest in one of his commercials. this needs to get fixed, because this really should be the highlight of all-star weekend, other than the all-star game itself.

but anyway, who do you think should actually be in the contest, and who do you think will win. i think that Green from Boston will win. he looks like he could have a couple tricks up his sleeve.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:36 pm

LeBron James, Hakkim Warick, Josh Smith, Shawn Marion
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:39 pm

baseball wrote:LeBron James, Hakkim Warick, Josh Smith, Shawn Marion

...Jason Richardson
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:57 pm

when is the Lions game gonna put a dunk/3 point contest in?

3 point one night dunk the next?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby threeball » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:54 am

baseball wrote:when is the Lions game gonna put a dunk/3 point contest in?

3 point one night dunk the next?

that would be very cool but i dont know if it will ever happen
threeball
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gator-nation » Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:29 am

the lions game woulda been sweet with a dunk contest last year with jaden voth.
gator-nation

Postby Photo-man-Bob » Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:34 am

[user=846]DeuceTrey[/user] wrote:
what happened to the Slam Dunk Contest. this year we have a guy who is 5' 8", a 7 foot center, and a 6' 9" power forward. i mean seriously, do they really think these big men will have a lot of flair. the dunk contest isnt about power. even Thomas admitted that it was a joke, and that he wasnt going to try and just get his money and go home. at least the judges are (or were) great dunkers. even LeBron attacked the contest in one of his commercials. this needs to get fixed, because this really should be the highlight of all-star weekend, other than the all-star game itself.

but anyway, who do you think should actually be in the contest, and who do you think will win. i think that Green from Boston will win. he looks like he could have a couple tricks up his sleeve.

With Mike (G.O.A.T), Dominique and Doctor J judging, I'd actually rather see those guys just sit around and talk than watch the sad affair the dunk contest has become.
I dont want to see Nate Robinson try to dunk over three cheerleaders or something dumb like that.
Photo-man-Bob

Postby ND_SportsNut » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:23 am

Whats the deal with last year allowing Nate Robinson like 86 chances to put down a dunk. I think thats a dumb rule. Takes away from the diffuculty and pressure.
ND_SportsNut

Postby Photo-man-Bob » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:19 am

They actually changed the rule this year, so you have either 2 minutes or X number of atempts, basically a Nate Robinson rule.
Photo-man-Bob

Postby baseball » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:20 am

Photo-man-Bob wrote:They actually changed the rule this year, so you have either 2 minutes or X number of atempts, basically a Nate Robinson rule.

yea that was cool to watch......maybe after the 3245893273rd try he shouldve gave up.  thats just what i wouldve done i guess.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ND_SportsNut » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:02 am

I actually enjoyed the dunk contest very much. Gerald Green is an amazing dunker to watch, had a lot of nice dunks. Nate is always good but getting repetative. Dwight Howard, I mean come on, only like a 43 on that crazy dunk when he touched his picture way up on the backboard. And Tyrus Thomas, well he got his check he wanted.
ND_SportsNut

Postby ndfan » Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:29 am

[user=846]DeuceTrey[/user] wrote:
what happened to the Slam Dunk Contest. this year we have a guy who is 5' 8", a 7 foot center, and a 6' 9" power forward. i mean seriously, do they really think these big men will have a lot of flair. the dunk contest isnt about power. even Thomas admitted that it was a joke, and that he wasnt going to try and just get his money and go home. at least the judges are (or were) great dunkers. even LeBron attacked the contest in one of his commercials. this needs to get fixed , because this really should be the highlight of all-star weekend, other than the all-star game itself.

Well Lebron instead of attacking the dunk contest should help the NBA by being in it. The problem is that the NBA can't get its best dunkers in the contest, instead they are judging it. So until the Superstars decide to help it and not attack it, will just have to watch the JV squad dunk contest.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:39 am

I think instead of being judges, some of those guys should've been competitors, like kobe, vince, etc. The dunk contest is weak without the big names.
project-pat

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things