ESPN

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby baller01 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:48 pm

project-pat wrote:I'd probably just sit there with my picture perfect poker face haha. I think the better question is...How would you act when the tour championship is on your shoulders with a 50 foot birdie putt to clinch the victory?

Not nearly as excited as if I rivered a card to win me a couple million.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ming01 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:03 am

baller01 wrote:
project-pat wrote:I'd probably just sit there with my picture perfect poker face haha. I think the better question is...How would you act when the tour championship is on your shoulders with a 50 foot birdie putt to clinch the victory?

exactly
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:20 am

Ming01 wrote:
baller01 wrote:

exactly

The only time golf catches my attention is when someone shoots a hole-in-one, and that happens how often? You can't tell me you weren't sitting on the edge of your chair when Chris Moneymaker pulled that bluff off a couple years ago when he was going head to head. He went all in with nothing, NOTHING, if that doesn't get the blood flowing, you aren't human.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:58 am

I could really care less about chris moneymaker, who isn't even a real athlete. Poker is not a sport, it's a game.
project-pat

Postby ndfan » Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:23 pm

[user=790]project-pat[/user] wrote:
I could really care less about chris moneymaker, who isn't even a real athlete. Poker is not a sport, it's a game.

I'm pretty sure football basketball and baseball are games also, or are they called something else now? There is no luck in football basketball and baseball? its just all skill?? I have a hard time believing that also.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:39 pm

football basketball and baseball are sports, poker is not a sport.
project-pat

Postby cdub1 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:48 pm

project-pat wrote:football basketball and baseball are sports, poker is not a sport.

golf is not a sport

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Spanky » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:10 pm

Golf is a sport. A sport is an activity requiring more or less bodily activity. Golf would be on the less bodily activity end of the spectrum but would still be considered a sport. Actually if you look at the definition of sport in the dictionary golf is used as an example.

P.S. Poker is not a sport. I think that any activity where you can compete at the highest level drunk out of your mind cannot be considered a sport.

Spanky
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:58 pm

Spanky wrote:Golf is a sport. A sport is an activity requiring more or less bodily activity. Golf would be on the less bodily activity end of the spectrum but would still be considered a sport. Actually if you look at the definition of sport in the dictionary golf is used as an example.

P.S. Poker is not a sport. I think that any activity where you can compete at the highest level drunk out of your mind cannot be considered a sport.

agreed
project-pat

Postby Ping Pong » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:03 am

idk i kinda agree with ur statement, but u cant compete at tha highest level in poker. in my mind their can b "mental sports" like poker. u have to b very alert to play a great game of poker. golf also requires alot of mental.
Ping Pong

Postby point/center » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:15 am

project-pat wrote:
Spanky wrote:P.S. Poker is not a sport. I think that any activity where you can compete at the highest level drunk out of your mind cannot be considered a sport.

agreed
which puts softball out to pasture as NOT a sport
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballer2 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:55 am

golf is a sport... simple... golf is fun to watch... poker is fun to watch... lol tiger is hte best there is and hes the reason i watch it... the ball sittin on the cup and drops in on his amazing comeback... come on thats awesome!
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:11 am

so yea.....um....how did high school sports on ESPN turn into poker vs. golf??? 

back on subject, should high school sports be televised??
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:18 am

high school sports are funner to watch than professional sports. high schoolers play for their school and pride, pros play for money so they could really care less about the outcome as long as they're getting paid.
project-pat

Postby Ming01 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:28 am

funner huh?   High school sports should be played on ESPN.  I always love watching Oak Hill Academy on tv.
Last edited by Ming01 on Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:33 am

wow, what's gonna be the nxt topic on here "Project-pat and his grammar" who really cares if i use bad grammar once or twice, like you haven't
project-pat

Postby Ming01 » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:09 pm

nope, im perfect
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby DeuceTrey » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:02 pm

Ming01 wrote:nope, im perfect

i think cocky is a better word. cut the man some slack, who cares if he spelled a word wrong, you know what he ment. and i have seen that you have done this on other boards to, calling people out on their spelling. just stop, its not cool.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DeuceTrey » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:08 pm

cdub1 wrote:
project-pat wrote:football basketball and baseball are sports, poker is not a sport.

golf is not a sport

going back to golf being a sport, i think it is, but its not a sport that requires very much athletic ability. i mean, how many 65 yr old men do you see playing pick-up bball and football? you dont, you see them on the golf course with all of their other retired buddys smoking cigars and talking about the good old days. all golf requires is accuratly swinging a stick at a ball. im not saying its easy, because i struggle at it, and it does take skill and some talent and a lot of practice, but not athletic ability. and i dont want to hear about how much you have to walk every time you play. walking long distances isnt a sport. i walk to go get the mail, does that count as a sport?
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:26 pm

old men golfing doesn't count, i've seen old men golf and it is embarassing. I'm talking about the actual pros and young adults that practice and practice to get better and lift weights to improve their drive and are constantly out at the range sculpting their swing. i hate when ppl bring up old men when they talk about golf, golf is no longer an old man sport and they shouldn't be allowed to play golf anymore.
project-pat

Postby project-pat » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:27 pm

Ok Mr. Perfect, you forgot a capital letter and a period on that one there buddy. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. That's a little less than perfect if you ask me.
project-pat

Postby baseball » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:10 am

project-pat wrote:

Ok Mr. Perfect, you forgot a capital letter and a period on that one there buddy. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. That's a little less than perfect if you ask me.

Hahahahahahahahaha is not a complete sentence.  It should be followed with a comma (,) and "That's" should not be capitalized.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:59 am

Ok, you got me there. Haha, nobody's perfect.

But, back to the subject.....High School sports deserve to be televised more than the WSOP, end of story.
Last edited by project-pat on Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
project-pat

Postby knights4 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:19 am

I don't see how it could be bad to have hs games on tv, I think it might be good. These guy's raise their game to perform well so they can back up all the hype about them, and if they don't everybody see's it. If they're cocky they probably have the right to be until they get to the college level. If you dont like it you dont have to watch it. Golf is a sport, it takes cordination, practice, and skill and I don't think that poker is a sport, but I like watching it, so I say televise it.       
Last edited by knights4 on Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."
-Harry Dunn
knights4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:34 am

i have no problem with poker being televised but since they do why not get a new annoucner and get rid of norm chad and his stupid ex-wife jokes.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things