ESPN

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby Ming01 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:50 am

project-pat wrote:
Ming01 wrote:nope, im perfect

Ok Mr. Perfect, you forgot a capital letter and a period on that one there buddy. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. That's a little less than perfect if you ask me.

take it easy... it's called sarcasm
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:09 pm

i was just joking, that explains the laugh, if i woulda been mad i woulda added a few of these !!!!!!!!!

But still......

HS basketball > worlds strongest man, eating contests, poker, spelling bee, scrabble, arm wrestling, rock paper scissors, thumb wars, and even that japanese obstacle course i saw on there once.  
project-pat

Postby rep » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:16 pm

don't forget the 'competitive stacking'

when i saw that, i knew that i had seen it all
rep

Postby Ming01 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:17 pm

rep wrote:don't forget the 'competitive stacking'

yes, that is prolly the worst of them all
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby project-pat » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:34 pm

dont b hatin just because i could probably whoop you in cup stacking. chea, im cool because i know how to cup stack:banana:
project-pat

Postby Ming01 » Mon Jan 22, 2007 6:36 pm

project-pat wrote:dont b hatin just because i could probably whoop you in cup stacking. chea, im cool because i know how to cup stack:banana:

nice!
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:08 am

rep wrote:don't forget the 'competitive stacking'

it's obvious you've not seen the competitive 'rock, paper scissors'...oh by the way... I rock
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ping Pong » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:23 am

y cant poker AND HS bball b on tv like they r right now? i like them both. plus about golf not taking "athletic talent" i wanna c u shoot better than a 95. not gunna happen unless u r out there day after day. golf is THE MOSt underrated sport b/c it is also VERY hard to b good at. ask any golfer good or bad, its not easy.
Ping Pong

Postby DeuceTrey » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:20 pm

DeuceTrey wrote:im not saying its easy, because i struggle at it, and it does take skill and some talent and a lot of practice, but not athletic ability.
i do believe i stated that im not good at golf, so i would be very suprised if i shot anywhere near 95. but i also said it takes skill, talent, and a lot of practice. im not saying anyone can just go out and pick up a club and be good, but im saying that it is something that everyone can go out and do, whether they be good or not.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ping Pong » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:46 pm

DeuceTrey wrote:
DeuceTrey wrote:im not saying its easy, because i struggle at it, and it does take skill and some talent and a lot of practice, but not athletic ability.
i do believe i stated that im not good at golf, so i would be very suprised if i shot anywhere near 95. but i also said it takes skill, talent, and a lot of practice. im not saying anyone can just go out and pick up a club and be good, but im saying that it is something that everyone can go out and do, whether they be good or not.

yes but isnt that true 4 any other sport? im not good at basketball, and i can still "go out and Do it" u know wat i mean. that statement pertains to all sports.
Ping Pong

Postby DeuceTrey » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:50 pm

Ping Pong wrote:
DeuceTrey wrote:

yes but isnt that true 4 any other sport? im not good at basketball, and i can still "go out and Do it" u know wat i mean. that statement pertains to all sports.

sure, anyone can go out and shoot around and play a game of horse, but how many can actually go out and really play, meaning running and jumping aroung for an extended amount of time. golf you just go out and play, if you can swing and walk, your set.
DeuceTrey
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby project-pat » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:08 pm

It takes a little more than swinging and walking there buddy. We can tell how much you really golf. And even if your just out goofing around in anything, whether it be basketball, golf, football, hockey, rugby, water polo, marco polo....It's still a sport regardless
project-pat

Postby baller01 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:54 pm

Golf is probably one of the hardest things to do. I'm not saying it's not hard, I just think its really boring. Poker might not be that hard to play but it has way more excitement. If we are saying which is harder to succeed in then definately golf. If we are saying which is more exciting, then poker wins.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby project-pat » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:58 pm

ESPN can televise anything they want as long as people watch it, they are pretty sucessful after all. I think it's alright if they televise pigeon races as long as it gets ratings.
project-pat

Postby Ping Pong » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:40 am

or maybe even ping pong tourneys that sweet. and food eating contests. they have it all.
Ping Pong

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:04 am

Well, if you don't like whats on ESPN you can always check out one of the other dozen sports channels.  There are no shortage of choices.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:33 am

well these shows must be working on ESPN because they keep putting them back on
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:10 am

ESPN will air it if we watch it, and advertisers buy it.  that's the bottom line, if advertisers feel they can sell products through that show--no matter if rock paper scissors is what we think should be on ESPN
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things