Strength and Conditioning

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:47 am

Who has the best strength and conditioning program / coach in the state.

Is there one out there that is heads and tails better that all schools should try and model?

for all sports combined, boys/girls all sports in general.

"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby project-pat » Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:53 am

well bowman's got Nick Walker running the show in the strength/conditioning department. He is an absolute beast. he is an assistant football coach, basketball coach, and the head track coach this year.
project-pat

Postby ndfbfan » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:34 am

project-pat wrote:well bowman's got Nick Walker running the show in the strength/conditioning department. He is an absolute beast. he is an assistant football coach, basketball coach, and the head track coach this year.

Two that I know of that stand out for everything that they do are Dave Michaelson from Dickinson and Larry Walker from Killdeer. Those two guys are amazing when it comes to knowledge about strength/conditioning. When I have questions, I go with Larry Walker. He was my wrestling/football coach in high school and I am lucky to have him be able to help me out now. Great guy too!
ndfbfan

Postby PA42 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:35 am

mpcg has started a new program where students get credit for lifting during study halls. basketball and football assistant coach jim morowski is the coordinator. you are right about larry walker. he def. knows what he is talking about and he is a very nice guy.
Last edited by PA42 on Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
PA42

Postby project-pat » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:01 pm

horne98 wrote:mpcg has started a new program where students get credit for lifting during study halls. basketball and football assistant coach jim morowski is the coordinator. you are right about larry walker. he def. knows what he is talking about and he is a very nice guy.

in bowman, walker holds an actual strength and conditioning class, and your grade is based on how much you improve from the first day of the semester to the end.
project-pat

Postby baseball » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:39 pm

horne98 wrote:mpcg has started a new program where students get credit for lifting during study halls. basketball and football assistant coach jim morowski is the coordinator. you are right about larry walker. he def. knows what he is talking about and he is a very nice guy.

I dont know about their program but i know that their weight room is one of the more impressive ones for a school that size.....looking over the bball court and everything its pretty sweet
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby PA42 » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:41 pm

they really upgraded the equipment last year, and it is really sweet now.
PA42

Postby project-pat » Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:49 pm

Bowman's weight room is similar to that. It's up on a balcony
project-pat

Postby Ping Pong » Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:53 pm

obviouslt trinity duz. if results say anything.
Ping Pong

Postby thunderbaseball_38 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:32 am

project-pat wrote:

in bowman, walker holds an actual strength and conditioning class, and your grade is based on how much you improve from the first day of the semester to the end.

John Maus of Northwood has 2 strength and conditioning classes, and a lifetime fitness class for the females. He makes the program work great for not having much equipment to work with. It shows that you don't need top of the line equipment to make a program work. It would be nice to have the equipment like Mayville and Hillsboro, but we make do.
thunderbaseball_38

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things