Boise State... RESPECT

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby rep » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:37 am

point/center wrote:
rep wrote:
Tiger Pride wrote:That is perfectely legal. 

A player aligned in the backfield may step forward prior to moving laterally.  This applies to RB's as well.

but what i'm saying is that after he motioned out of the backfield and was out by the wr on the near side, he took a step toward the los right before the ball was snapped.
you must move parallel to the line prior to making a step forward prior to snap right? isnt that what you see TEs do constantly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjodoKIfzAU

i'm telling you...go to about 2 minutes into the clip...zambranski is hoping right near the bottom of the screen, and he is moving towards the los...
rep

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:15 am

i'm telling you...go to about 2 minutes into the clip...zambranski is hoping right near the bottom of the screen, and he is moving towards the los...

You must be an OU fan because he was shuffling laterally and did not step towards the LOS until the ball was snapped.

I slowed it down and paused it step by step and he did not make the step forward until the ball was snapped.

remember now it's when the center snaps it not when the qb recieves the ball in shotgun formation.

If you don't agree thats fine, it was close and would have to be a judgement call. I did not see it.
Last edited by GRIDIRON GURU on Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby rep » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:20 am

GRIDIRON GURU wrote:

You must be an OU fan because he was shuffling laterally and did not step towards the LOS until the ball was snapped.

I slowed it down and paused it step by step and he did not make the step forward until the ball was snapped.

remember now it's when the center snaps it not when the qb recieves the ball in shotgun formation.

If you don't agree thats fine, it was close and would have to be a judgement call. I did not see it.

for the record...hate ou...go big ten, go notre dame
Last edited by rep on Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby point/center » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:26 am

rep wrote:
GRIDIRON GURU wrote:

for the record...hate ou...go big ten, go notre dame
wow on the record? and here i thought your were a Comet Man and DAC 10 Fan????
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:47 am

wish there was more passing in the dac...but i love the running game...i'll shed a tear when it folds, no doubt about it. but, it is a shell of what it was just a few years ago and that to me is more sad.

the comets lost me as a fan about six years ago when i transfered from there. they gained me back some when they dropped rettew and soucy from their staff. i maintain that mayville state has the best equipment manager/assistant coach in the state (hi g) and zeigler is a really good guy, but i think that until mayville gets a head guy that can keep recruits for longer than 20 months, they aren't going to see much in the way of improvement.

and the school hasn't shown any ability to be able to put money behind the coach/program in order to do the things that helps keep kids, so it while i am a fan of the underdog programs (go brewers) i've got a hard time screaming out my comet pride.

i still expect mayville to pull a huron and one day just not be able to pay its people and then shut down completely. mayville will be like elledale was before they were able to get tbc back up and running...a main street with more tumbleweeds than businesses.

too bad really...i don't know if it is still like how it was when i was there, but at one point masu was pumping out pretty respectable teachers and some of their other programs weren't too bad. while i don't know if i can ever wrap my mind around a state of 500,000 people needing double digit colleges, they do bring in people from out of state and that brings in money, so it can't be a bad thing.
Last edited by rep on Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby Wild Wolves » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:14 am

I think he may have shuffled forward.  That is a difficult call for an official to make. 

As for Mayville, I agree in regard to Rattew but I like Soucy.  I think he got hosed at SD Tech as well.

Gremels is a great guy. 
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ming01 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:44 pm

baseball wrote:just because Wake plays in the ACC they are better then boise?  just because Florida plays in the SEC they are better?  Duke plays in the ACC, and Ole Miss plays in the SEC, are they better then Boise State too?

Are you refering to my comment???  If you are I didnt say that or refer that those teams are better or would beat Boise St.  I was saying that put Boise St. against week in and week out  competition such as the SEC or Pac 10 and they would come out with a few losses.  I am not discrediting what they've done in anyway either.
Last edited by Ming01 on Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:47 pm

Also about a playoff, a big tournament would be dumb.  You cant ask these players to play so many games. If they do a playoff it should be top 4 or 8 at the most and they could still have all of the other bowls. 
Last edited by Ming01 on Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:16 pm

[user=74]Tiger Pride[/user] wrote:
ndfan (aka hater) 

A team goes undefeated and you would rather blame their schedule than give them credit.  They have a conference those are the teams they are bound to.  They played La Tech, Wyoming, Oregon and Sac state as non-conference games.  Not the worst four teams to play.  Take a look at the other major college teams non-con schedules.

What I'm trying to say is if Boise State wants real respect and a chance for a title someday they need their non conference schedule to have a big name or two on it. The major schools except for Notre Dame don't have to schedule major schools outside it cause there conference schedule is good enough. Be like Notre Dame and schedule a couple teams like a Michigan and USC win those games and then we can start talking.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:03 pm

Since you used ND.  The teams that both Boise and ND played have about .500 records.  boise is not a wealthy school that can go out and buy games/or pay for home stands.  What traditional BCS power would want to schedule them?  If they win great they beat a WAC team.  If they lose then they can kiss a shot at the BCS title away.  ND can schedule tough teams because the TV money more than makes up for a loss.  Add the national exposure and any TV team wins.  Boise will continue to get better, heck I wouldn't want them on my schedule.
Last edited by Wild Wolves on Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby point/center » Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:41 am

falll of '05 Boise opened the year at Georgia, and got destroyed.

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:23 am

Georgia also destroyed LSU in 05.  Does that mean LSU is a weak team.  Georgia only lost 3 games Florida, auburn and West Virginia in 05.

It is not Boise that needs to get better it is their conference.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby point/center » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:41 am

no it means that Georgia was better than boise state in 2005.

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:17 am

Agreed, so what does that have to do with 06/07?
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby point/center » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:30 am

pretty much nothing. my point is that only thing that we can ever compare is team vs team. player vs player. week to week, and conference to conference is useless and nothing more than unqualified debate. to say that Boise is inferior because the confernce is generally weaker doesnt mean squat to me. Boise was better than the Sooners is in one game. Play again and maybe Sooners blow them out. or maybe boise blows them out. or maybe they tie.

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:16 am

PLAY Ball.  If it was a foregone conclusion as to who would win we would never have to play.

Give teams like Boise one game and they can beat anyone.

They might also get thumped.

OU was in the game because the ball bounces funny, take away the fumble recover on the punt at teh 9 yd line and that might not have been teh greatest game I've ever seen.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things