LBJ vs MJ

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

LBJ vs MJ

Postby Region2FootballFan » Tue May 08, 2018 2:31 pm

After watching this years playoffs. I don't know how you can't consider LeBron as the greatest of all time. The only argument I ever hear about MJ being better is his 6 rings compared to LeBron's 3. I don't see Michael being able to lead a team like this years cavs into the 2nd round of the playoffs let along the Conference finals or maybe the NBA finals. Yes, Michael is an unbelievable scorer, but he isn't even close to the all around player LeBron is. Michael didn't have to play near the competition or the unbelievably athletes that are in the league now. I know everyone is gonna say that the league was so much rougher back then. But LeBron is 6'8 250lbs with a 40+inch vertical. He would have thrived in that era. The reason you see all these super teams in the league now is because they are doing everything they can to beat LeBron. KD couldn't do it on his own so he had to leave and join 3 hall of famers. That is why LeBron is the goat.
Region2FootballFan
NDPreps Starter

Re: LBJ vs MJ

Postby OldSchoolBaller » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:51 am

Region2FootballFan wrote:After watching this years playoffs. I don't know how you can't consider LeBron as the greatest of all time. The only argument I ever hear about MJ being better is his 6 rings compared to LeBron's 3. I don't see Michael being able to lead a team like this years cavs into the 2nd round of the playoffs let along the Conference finals or maybe the NBA finals. Yes, Michael is an unbelievable scorer, but he isn't even close to the all around player LeBron is. Michael didn't have to play near the competition or the unbelievably athletes that are in the league now. I know everyone is gonna say that the league was so much rougher back then. But LeBron is 6'8 250lbs with a 40+inch vertical. He would have thrived in that era. The reason you see all these super teams in the league now is because they are doing everything they can to beat LeBron. KD couldn't do it on his own so he had to leave and join 3 hall of famers. That is why LeBron is the goat.

LeBron is probably the best athlete to play in the NBA all time, but that does not make him the best player ever. People forget not only did Jordan have 10 Scoring Titles, but he also made first team defense 9 times while having a higher usage rate than LeBron. LeBron has 1 Scoring Title and 5 first team defenses. You may say that all these super teams were created to beat LeBron, but Lebron had the super team for 4 years and only won 2 titles.

I have no problem admitting that LeBron is the best player in the league right now, but you are using the term GOAT a little too loose.
“It’s not the will to win that matters – everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters.” - Paul "Bear" Bryant
OldSchoolBaller
NDPreps Reserve

Re: LBJ vs MJ

Postby hockeynut » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:18 pm

MJ 24/7
hockeynut
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things