Brawl Again?

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby ndsubball » Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:09 pm

How many games do you guys think Carmelo Anthony and the other 9 guys will get suspened for the fight at Madison Square Garden? And what will it take to make it clear to these guys that they cant be fighting in the NBA? thoughts or ideas
ndsubball

Postby Ming01 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:14 pm

I guarantee the suspenions will be very harsh.  Ever since the brawl between the pistons and pacers David Stern has taken these situations very liberally and will make the players involved pay for their actions.
Last edited by Ming01 on Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsubball » Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:26 pm

i would totally agree with you ming..the league needs to do something to get it through to them that they cant do that stuff other than suspensions
ndsubball

Postby Diamond D » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:51 am

Just a question or maybe a thought.

In hockey they almost promote the activity.  How come in the other sports it is taken as the worst thing in the world.

I am not advocating for fighting in the games, in fact my position is that if they can't do it on the soccer field, basketball floor, football field, then why is it so promoted in hockey?

Diamond D

Postby rep » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:12 am

Diamond D wrote:Just a question or maybe a thought.

In hockey they almost promote the activity.  How come in the other sports it is taken as the worst thing in the world.

I am not advocating for fighting in the games, in fact my position is that if they can't do it on the soccer field, basketball floor, football field, then why is it so promoted in hockey?

my guess would be the glass-encased rink and that makes it fairly difficult for people to get caught up in the moment and feel like they should rush the playing surface? where as in basketball about the only thing standing in your way is a row of folding chairs.
rep

Postby Diamond D » Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:29 am

AP is reporting that each team will be assessed a $500,000 penalty to the league.

So where does that money go and how does it get used up?  I would or could be available for one on one consulting in anger management...that is if the league was looking for someone?

Sounds like a good time to figure out how to pay these darn student loans off.

In all seriousness, I do wonder how and where that $1,000,000 will go?

Last edited by Diamond D on Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Diamond D

Postby Strike3? » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:34 pm

I could be wrong on this but I think charity.
It's a round ball and a round bat, and you got to hit it square.
Strike3?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Dk All Day » Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:34 pm

carmello is a little sally girl for hitting that guy then running he away he should be suspended 15 games just for punching him but another 5 for running from him but i think 15 games is a very good suspension.
Dk All Day
NDPreps Starter

Postby #50mandan » Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:16 am

dont mess with nate robinson thats all i gotta say, dk all day, carmelo would waiste u
Last edited by #50mandan on Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
ill do it
#50mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:16 am

I say screw the NBA  (worse than watching soccer) and put em all in the octagon in the UFC and let them fight it out.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ping Pong » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:30 pm

soccer is tha bomb
Ping Pong

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things