Wrangler National Finals Rodeo

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby point/center » Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:00 am

Am I the only one staying up until 12AM to watch the PRCA National Finals Rodeo? Jeff Willert from Bellvedier SD is in 8th place in the World Finals Standings....more Dakota's boys in this professional sport than all others combined.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:21 am

i was in vegas a couple of years ago when my brother in law got married and the family and i took in a night at the (not positive of the federation) national finals rodeo. it was a pretty good time. i'm not huge on rodeo (long story short...when i was a lot younger...maybe four or five my dad entered me in a goat-riding contest and the satanic beast chosen for me put my head into a fence repeatedly...while i didn't get first prize for the longest distance ride i got the longest ride time wise. so i got a dollar, which at the time made up for the fact that i was probably disfigured for life) but all in all i think rodeo is kind of like hockey...you don't get a real appreciation for it, and everything that goes into it, until you see it live.
Last edited by rep on Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby point/center » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:03 am

If it was this time of year at the Thomas and Mack Center in Vegas it was the PRCA National Finals rodeo. Without question the World Series and Super Bowl of rodeo.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:52 am

yup...it was a little later in december if i remember right, and at the thomas and mack...kinda strange seeing it on t.v. for basketball and then going in there and seeing it set up for rodeo. hard to believe they are the same building.

of course every time i go into the jamestown civic center and i don't see hardwood i'm amazed too.
rep

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things