Phil to the Knicks

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Phil to the Knicks

Postby winner-within » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:49 pm

Phil-oso-pher Jackcson returns to the Big Apple....

“I am honored to have the opportunity to work with Jim Dolan,” Jackson said in a statement. “I have gotten to know Jim and he is totally committed to delivering a winner for New York. I started my career as a Knick, and know what it feels like to win in this great city. I take the task of helping to deliver a winning team to our fans seriously, and look forward to combining my vision of the game with Steve Mills’ abilities as a general manager.”

Jackson confirmed to reporters that he signed a five-year agreement with the Knicks. ESPN.com reports that the deal is expected to pay him $12 million per year.

does he lure in Lebron??
I say he does... 8)
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Re: Phil to the Knicks

Postby go maji » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:05 pm

no way

Why would he want to go to one of the worst organizations led by Jim Dolan, when he can stay in sunny Miami with one of the best run organizations, led by Mickey Arison, Nick Arison, and Pat Riley?

Plus, his public image is coming back to form. If he leaves again, especially to New York, all that will be gone.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:26 pm

go maji wrote:no way

Why would he want to go to one of the worst organizations led by Jim Dolan, when he can stay in sunny Miami with one of the best run organizations, led by Mickey Arison, Nick Arison, and Pat Riley?

Plus, his public image is coming back to form. If he leaves again, especially to New York, all that will be gone.

I thought of all that, and I agree with you for the most part....I wouldn't want him to go to NY and I hope he dont, but there will be a push and he could get max pay there, I dont think he wants to keep playing at a pay cut just to make it possible for Bosh and D-Wade to be with him....I think they (heat) win it again and if they do he could ride off into the sunset not having to worry about image with all is achievements to back up what ever he wants to do....the NBA is a business more than a game at free agent time.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:51 pm

winner-within wrote:
I thought of all that, and I agree with you for the most part....I wouldn't want him to go to NY and I hope he dont, but there will be a push and he could get max pay there, I dont think he wants to keep playing at a pay cut just to make it possible for Bosh and D-Wade to be with him....I think they (heat) win it again and if they do he could ride off into the sunset not having to worry about image with all is achievements to back up what ever he wants to do....the NBA is a business more than a game at free agent time.

I don't know how Lebron can get the max in NY.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/NYK.html
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:59 pm

That reminds me of how stupid some of the contracts are for the Knicks....wow.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:25 pm

first article said he could and 2 others say no
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby winner-within » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:37 pm

I hate the Knicks anyways...haha
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:38 pm

I get the feeling Lebron might not stay in Miami. There have been so many reports of him going back to Cleveland or to LA, and now obviously people are talking about NY. I know this is just talk, but I don't think Lebron likes playing with Wade when people still say it's Wade's team.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby go maji » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:52 pm

Indy5 wrote:I get the feeling Lebron might not stay in Miami. There have been so many reports of him going back to Cleveland or to LA, and now obviously people are talking about NY. I know this is just talk, but I don't think Lebron likes playing with Wade when people still say it's Wade's team.

When you've watched as many Heat games as I have, you would know that LeBron loves his teammates, especially Wade.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:53 am

go maji wrote:
Indy5 wrote:I get the feeling Lebron might not stay in Miami. There have been so many reports of him going back to Cleveland or to LA, and now obviously people are talking about NY. I know this is just talk, but I don't think Lebron likes playing with Wade when people still say it's Wade's team.

When you've watched as many Heat games as I have, you would know that LeBron loves his teammates, especially Wade.

for sure...Wade passed the torch after the first year when they lost in the finals to Dallas...they've never looked back...staying in Miami would be smart..Wade is no different than Paul Pierce hes got 3, 4 more years as a starter (needs rest now and then) Bosh is a beast......I like the Heat, great karma, great coach, great administration.....they remind me of the Bulls in the Jordan and Phil Jackson days..
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby GrizzlyBear24 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:53 am

I think LeBron wants to move on from Miami. He would have a better chance of going back to the Cavs then the Knicks.
Football and Basketball Analyst. Know the game inside and out.
GrizzlyBear24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby winner-within » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:00 am

He wont go back to the Cavs, I just cant see it happening
I think he will either go to (if he ever does leave Florida) Lakers or Knicks....
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby GrizzlyBear24 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:59 am

Knicks are just a mess right now.
GrizzlyBear24
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:14 pm

GrizzlyBear24 wrote:Knicks are just a mess right now.

..and yet still in the playoff picture in the East :lol:
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby GrizzlyBear24 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:36 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
GrizzlyBear24 wrote:Knicks are just a mess right now.

..and yet still in the playoff picture in the East :lol:

Which says soo much in the east...
GrizzlyBear24
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things