North Dakota Golf Courses

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

North Dakota Golf Courses

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:11 am

Just got back from a golf outing with a group of guys. Annual event in which we are trying to golf all ND golf courses before getting too old (dead) to golf. Followed the Lion's BB Games so covered a lot of territory. This year we hit Larimore, Lisbon, Linton, Ellendale, Hankinson (Dakota Winds), Grand Rapids (LaMoure area) and New Rockford. All nice courses. Was really impressed with Linton, gem of a nine hole course. Need to start planning for next year and was hoping to get some input on other nice courses around the state.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Re: North Dakota Golf Courses

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:54 am

Sounds fun. Have always wanted to do something like that, but don't have the buddies that like to golf. I've golfed Lisbon, Grand Rapids, and New Rockford. Washburn, Underwood, Westhope, Botno, Cooperstown, Mayville, Velva, Harvey, Fessenden, Dunseith, Rugby are other nice courses as well. Have heard good things about Rolla and Walhalla, but never got up to those to golf. Have you heard of Chip in for Charity? Its a card you can buy each year to get free rounds or half off rounds one time at most ND courses and its only $30 a card.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:11 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Sounds fun. Have always wanted to do something like that, but don't have the buddies that like to golf. I've golfed Lisbon, Grand Rapids, and New Rockford. Washburn, Underwood, Westhope, Botno, Cooperstown, Mayville, Velva, Harvey, Fessenden, Dunseith, Rugby are other nice courses as well. Have heard good things about Rolla and Walhalla, but never got up to those to golf. Have you heard of Chip in for Charity? Its a card you can buy each year to get free rounds or half off rounds one time at most ND courses and its only $30 a card.

Yes, we used those cards this past week. Great idea and accepted at many of the courses. Basically paid for the card during our short trip. Live in the Cando area so have golfed most of the courses you mentioned. Golfed the International Tournament for nearly 20 years and just decided to do something different about 5 years ago. The border can get to be a hassle in early morning hours, etc. Rolla and Walhalla are nice and challenging courses.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:11 pm

ndlionsfan, how were Westhope and Dunseith?

Thinking about going across the north central part of the state. Maybe start at Rolla, then go to Dunseith, Bottineau, Westhope, Mohall maybe Berthold, Burlington. Does anybody have any input on those courses?
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:49 pm

Dunseith is a great little course with a lot of challenging holes. Trees everywhere up there. Westhope is a neat course with 9 greens and 18 tee boxes. Greens have always been in great shape when I've played there. Wildwood at Burlington I've only golfed once but thought it was a pretty decent course, too.

Bottineau is probably my favorite course to play cause I always shoot low there. If you remember every putt breaks towards the elevator in town you'll be golden!
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:04 pm

I saw a tiktok a couple of months ago that listed the four best courses in ND. IIRC they were Hawktree, King's Walk, Bully Pulpit, and Ray. Ray was on there for sure. Any thoughts on those courses?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDPREP » Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:48 am

Flip wrote:I saw a tiktok a couple of months ago that listed the four best courses in ND. IIRC they were Hawktree, King's Walk, Bully Pulpit, and Ray. Ray was on there for sure. Any thoughts on those courses?

I am assuming they mean "The Links of ND" which is south of Ray, fabulous course. Not the course actually in Ray.
NDPREP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Thu Nov 03, 2022 9:06 am

It may have said the name, I just remembered them saying Ray and I was surprised they have a nice course.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:29 am

NDPREP wrote:
Flip wrote:I saw a tiktok a couple of months ago that listed the four best courses in ND. IIRC they were Hawktree, King's Walk, Bully Pulpit, and Ray. Ray was on there for sure. Any thoughts on those courses?

I am assuming they mean "The Links of ND" which is south of Ray, fabulous course. Not the course actually in Ray.

Have golfed the first 3 but not "The Links". Seems that needs to be put on the list. Looks to be a high quality course and their website seems the same. Outstanding seeing their scorecard layout for each hole on their website.

https://www.thelinksofnorthdakota.com/a ... scorecard/
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things