World Series

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Is this world series worth watching?

yes
63%
no
38%

Total votes : 8

Postby project-pat » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:08 am

[font=comic sans ms]Who else agrees that this is probably the most boring world series of all time?[/font]
project-pat

Postby rep » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:31 am

ever since the salary cap was instituted in football, the super bowl has all the feel of a regular season game with a crappy halftime show. give me the 49er teams of the 80s or the cowboys teams of the early 90s anyday over the mediocrity that is the superbowl champion patriots.

the only thing boring about this world series to me is the rain delays...and the twins want a stadium with no roof...that is briliant.
rep

Postby baseball » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:38 am

any team that plays north of Kansas should be forced to play in a dome...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Tigger » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:18 am

I think that this World Series has been a little dull up to this point.  The rain delays certainly don't help matters, but I would still watch the World Series any day over the Super Bowl.  I am disappointed that most of the news regarding the series has been about the poor ratings or the alleged "cheating" by Kenny Rogers.  I will admit that Joe Buck and Tim McCarver make listening to the games on Fox about as fun as a root canal, but the excitement of the game itself is still high in my book.  As far as the cheating goes, what the Gambler may or may not have done is a part of the game.  If the umpires had caught him, he would have been suspended.  Where's the outrage over guys like Giambi or Pujols who obviously are benefitting from exotic vitamins of the undetectable kind.  As for the NFL, parity or not I don't watch it most of the time because watching field goal battles or having the officials job teams out of wins isn't my bag.  Go Tigers!!!!!!
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby coachk » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:20 am

I agree with SCC!!!! Baseball is a great game. We have two low salary teams playing and they have given us three great games already and I think they will go the full 7. Just proves to me that money cant buy a world series. I will take the world series over the superbowl any time even if the Vikes are in it. I do like the vikes though.
coachk

Postby ndfan » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:24 pm

The world series is being played? who's winning? I would much rather watch the rockets vs. heat pre season game then that series. Nothing beats the Super Bowl or the NFL. Look at the ratings, they can't be touched. Oh and NFL players aren't over payed like the NBA and MLB.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:28 pm

ndfan wrote:The world series is being played? who's winning? I would much rather watch the rockets vs. heat pre season game then that series. Nothing beats the Super Bowl or the NFL. Look at the ratings, they can't be touched. Oh and NFL players aren't over payed like the NBA and MLB.

i'm of the mind that nba players are overpaid...mlb players...eh...some guy is hurling a solid object by your head, or other vulnerable body parts, at 90 miles an hour...i think they earn their money.
rep

Postby project-pat » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:36 am

I didn't ask about the NFL or the NBA. I asked about the MLB world series. I already know the super bowl is an over exaggerated reagular season game. And yes i know that all nba players think about money, or so you say. Which i personally dont believe. And yes, i know college sports are way more exciting that pro. but my question was....

[glow=red]Is this the most boring world series of all time?[/glow]
project-pat

Postby Tigger » Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:17 am

This is not the most boring World Series of all time.  There was one bad game and are two bad announcers doing it.  I'd say Yanks/Mets was crap and Yanks/D'Backs was the least compelling 7 gamer I've ever watched.  The NBA is horrible; you couldn't pay me enough to watch more than 2 or 3 games a year.  I'll watch high school bball before that stuff.  You want bad salaries?  The NFL gives high draft picks tens of millions of dollars for guys that may never do anything.  Ricolaaaaa Ridiculous.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:41 am

The only thing I find boring about the series is Fox is covering it. Their pictures look so dull, the sounds seem like they are way off in the distance. Not a big fan of Fox.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things