merriman suspended for steroids

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby rep » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:08 pm

chargers second-year player shawne marriman will get a four-game suspension for using steroids. considering this was last year's rookie of the year, went to the pro bowl and was being considered one of the best defensive new players in the nfl it is quite a blow to the kid's career.

last week the lions' shawn rogers and a falcons offensive lineman also got suspended.

needless to say, i think the nfl seems to be pretty serious about their steroids rules. it doesn't appear to just be nameless guys turning up as steroid users, as seemed to be the case, for a while anyway, in baseball.

i don't really understand why someone of merriman's calibur would use steroids.

thoughts?
rep

Postby baseball » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:27 pm

the man is a FREAK, it cant be natural.  instead of testing the back up kickers the league shoudl be testing the teams stars to see how many are actually legit.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:16 am

feeling you . that guy is not from this planet. he's like from Pluto or something like that...no wait that's not a planet either.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby ballplayer15 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:05 pm

chargers being my favorite team this really stuff me off to say the leasts so idisaointing thats a big hit to one of the better defensives in the nfl which now is just so what average defense thats how muc ha difference merriman made:X
ballplayer15

Postby Ping Pong » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:48 am

i honestly believe what merrimen is saying. i dont think he is a cheater even tho he is a huge freak.
Ping Pong

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things