Vikings

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Vikings

Postby winner-within » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:54 am

Haven't enjoyed a Sunday Like Yesterday in long, long time.....
I dont know if they are going to keep it up on the Road games etc etc
but I dont care.....I'm just Steeping in the moment!......... :P

GO VIKES!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Re: Vikings

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:21 am

winner-within wrote:Haven't enjoyed a Sunday Like Yesterday in long, long time.....
I dont know if they are going to keep it up on the Road games etc etc
but I dont care.....I'm just Steeping in the moment!......... :P

GO VIKES!

Amen.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportsrube » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:33 am

I am not a Vikings fan (or a 49ers fan) but I enjoyed watching Ponder on Sunday. He looks like he is really starting to "get it" in their offense. Peterson and Harvin are fun to watch too.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:30 pm

I got just one question... Who was that purple team... That couldn't have been the vikings. If they play like that more then one week, they will be a great contender. Nice game VIKS!
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby defensewinsgames » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:17 am

This years vikings are a perfect example of what a good draft and some existing players stepping up can do for a franchise. Good to see there is a littl light in the tunnel
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mighty-Mouse » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:51 pm

The black and blue division is alive and well again (Thank God)... Good win for the viks
"Here I am to save the day!"
Mighty-Mouse
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportsrube » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:44 am

I hate to burst the bubble for Viking fans, but I just picked up their defense for my Fantasy League and if my luck continues on its present course in Fantasy FB, the Vikings D will have a horrible day on Sunday giving up large amounts of yardage on the ground and in the air with no picks and no sacks. I apologize in advance to all the Vikings fans on this site. :(
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:47 am

No apologies needed, The fans on here are having a Lucky year with Our Vikes
sorry to hear your FF is not going well.....
Robinson gets a Pick
Allen gets 2 sacks
Vikes D recover a Fumble

where do I stop
Oh yea....You win the week in your FF group!!....
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:37 pm

Sportsrube wrote:I hate to burst the bubble for Viking fans, but I just picked up their defense for my Fantasy League and if my luck continues on its present course in Fantasy FB, the Vikings D will have a horrible day on Sunday giving up large amounts of yardage on the ground and in the air with no picks and no sacks. I apologize in advance to all the Vikings fans on this site. :(

Sportsrube, your luck is about to change. For what ever reason I have picked every Vikes game correctly this year. I dropped Jay Cutler and picked up Matt Ryan last week. I took 2 bets on Saturday evening that our golfers would choke at the Ryder cup on Sunday. And last but not least, dropped the Jets D and picked up the Vikes D this week as well. Have never been too lucky, but feeling pretty good right now. :D
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:00 pm

lol...you're in a league where Matt Ryan is available?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:16 pm

Flip wrote:lol...you're in a league where Matt Ryan is available?

Yeah, kind of a crazy league. 10 teams start with max of $100/ea to draft: 1 qb, 2 rb, 3 wr, 1k, 1 d/sp. Put in real money blind bids every week for pickups/drops. And yes, Ryan was still available and only cost me $6.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:01 pm

I knew the Golfers were done for too!.....good betting........Matts worth at least $10 ...you did good
Might not get your $$ money back with him though....ha ha
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:11 am

Well, the Vikings D did not help me win, but at least the Vikings still won so I won't have to take the blame from all the Viking fans out there. (Might even keep their D for next week!)
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:21 am

Sportsrube wrote:Well, the Vikings D did not help me win, but at least the Vikings still won so I won't have to take the blame from all the Viking fans out there. (Might even keep their D for next week!)

Trust in the Purple
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Sportsrube » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:11 am

Not only am I keeping the Vikings defense this week, I also picked up their kicker. Maybe I should drop Matt Schuab and pick up Ponder too!
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby winner-within » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:20 am

Dont consider Ponder for anything.wow is he lacking
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:24 am

winner-within wrote:Dont consider Ponder for anything.wow is he lacking

Yeah I was hoping for some Joe Webb yesterday...but it should be noted that once Harvin got injured Ponder really has no options to throw to...which is a BIG issue for the Vikings. Difference in the game yesterday: Seattle has a defense that wasn't afraid of the Vikings passing game or Viking's Quarterback for that matter.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Bison-Vikes #1 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:29 pm

Not sure if many QBs could do anything behind the current line and with the current wide receivers. Zero time to look down field. And when he had it, he missed. The close ups of Ponder's eyes showed anything but confidence. And then to watch Luck play, it's hard as a Viking fan. Question, do you think it is instinct to know where and how to step when the pressure comes, or can it be taught? Brady, the Mannings even Luck seem to buy just enough time with a step or two in the right direction.
Bison-Vikes #1
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flip » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:00 pm

combination of instinct and experience
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:44 pm

I guess that's what happens when they reach for a qb in the first round that would have been available in the third or fourth round.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:25 pm

The Schwab wrote:I guess that's what happens when they reach for a qb in the first round that would have been available in the third or fourth round.

Could not agree more! There is a reason Ponder didn't set the world on fire at Florida State and we're seeing why now.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:00 pm

The Schwab wrote:I guess that's what happens when they reach for a qb in the first round that would have been available in the third or fourth round.

This was my initial thought too, but there are people that swear up and down that if the Vikings would not have taken him the Redskins were going to in the 1st round. They say Shannahan(sp) was in love with him. I do think he was a late 2nd round early round grade.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby packers21 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:13 am

Flip wrote:

This was my initial thought too, but there are people that swear up and down that if the Vikings would not have taken him the Redskins were going to in the 1st round. They say Shannahan(sp) was in love with him. I do think he was a late 2nd round early round grade.

to bad that didnt happen maybe the vikes coulda had RG3
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Indy5 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:43 pm

Hinsa wrote:

Could not agree more! There is a reason Ponder didn't set the world on fire at Florida State and we're seeing why now.

Being a Miami fan, I watched him play for 4 years and I knew he wasn't anything special. Never could understand that pick.

To all Vikings fans, watch another team before you hate on their receivers and line. The line is better than a lot of them. Ponder has an explosive pro bowl receiver, a good young tight end and an awesome play action game because of AP. There are A LOT of places that would be worse to be. Watch a Jags game once.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:43 pm

Indy5 wrote:
Hinsa wrote:

Being a Miami fan, I watched him play for 4 years and I knew he wasn't anything special. Never could understand that pick.

To all Vikings fans, watch another team before you hate on their receivers and line. The line is better than a lot of them. Ponder has an explosive pro bowl receiver, a good young tight end and an awesome play action game because of AP. There are A LOT of places that would be worse to be. Watch a Jags game once.

You're a Miami fan? I knew there was a reason I liked you haha
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things