random question

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

random question

Postby go maji » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:11 am

I know this has nothing to do with sports, it is just an opinion question. My family and I were deciding on going on a vacation this summer. We have decided on three finalists: Medora, Keystone SD, Minneapolis. But we can only pick one.

Medora: Musical, other things

Keystone: ?, my parents recommended this one

Minneapolis: baseball game (even though I'm a redsox fan), Mall of America, other things

Let me here your opinions on what we should choose.
thanx
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Re: random question

Postby Flip » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:09 am

Keystone is right next to the Mount Rushmore so I assume you would see that.
If you've never seen Target Field I would say:
Twins game>Mt. Rushmore>Medora
Mt. Rushmore>Twins game>Medora if you've seen Target Field.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mandan » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:06 pm

For South Dakota, depends on your interests and if you have kids or not. It wouldn't have to be Keystone that you stay at either. You could stay in Rapid City and still see Mount Rushmore, for instance. Rapid City has Dinosaur Park and Storybook Island (free things that younger kids tend to love) and there are things like Bear Country and Reptile Gardens, and lots of other tourist places.

If you have no kids and want to gamble, you have Deadwood.

You also have the caves around the Black Hills, if you are into that kind of thing.
Mandan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:49 pm

I like the smaller areas to vacation, compared to the big city with kids. Depends on how old/young your kids are and if you like outdoors/adventure or modern things.

Medora - musical, Bully Pulpit, horseback trails, Maah Da Hey for hiking and biking, touring the park, canoeing, etc.

Black Hills - same type of stuff as Medora minus the musical and world class golf. Mt Rushmore, kids parks, cool train ride through the mountains, close to Deadwood, plus some big city things if you wish.

If you don't like any of that kind of stuff, head to Mpls and there's a lot to find downtown besides just the game and heading to the mall.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby go maji » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:46 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:I like the smaller areas to vacation, compared to the big city with kids. Depends on how old/young your kids are and if you like outdoors/adventure or modern things.

Medora - musical, Bully Pulpit, horseback trails, Maah Da Hey for hiking and biking, touring the park, canoeing, etc.

Black Hills - same type of stuff as Medora minus the musical and world class golf. Mt Rushmore, kids parks, cool train ride through the mountains, close to Deadwood, plus some big city things if you wish.

If you don't like any of that kind of stuff, head to Mpls and there's a lot to find downtown besides just the game and heading to the mall.

I am 19 y/o and are going with my parents and my 14 y/o brother, I think we are leaning toward Minneapolis myself.
go maji
NDPreps All-State

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things