adrian peterson done

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby rep » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:06 pm

my favorite running back college or pro since priest holmes was fully healthy broke his collar bone as he dove into the endzone and landed funny. kind of sad really, his dad was watching him play for the first time in 12 years and he's done for the rest fo the year...at least he got to see him i guess.

peterson out for the year and i'm guessing he will go pro in the spring. if not, he is something a little less than 200 yards shy of the school rushing record.  

any guesses on if he will turn pro and where he would/should go in the draft. i think he is the best running back in the country, but i also think that he probably won't be able to walk by the time he is 30...so where do draft him?
Last edited by rep on Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rep

Postby ndfan » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:06 pm

He should enter the draft now, because he will be the first Running back in the draft. Raiders seem to be the team that will have #1 pick need a QB bad so I would guess would go with Quinn. I could see him in a Texans uniform next year. He is the real deal, and will be one of the best running backs in the NFL in a couple years.
Last edited by ndfan on Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:29 pm

i can understand where people can predict what pick, but im a little confused as to how you can say what team.  It's only week 6 in the NFL there is still a lot of time left before the draft order is set.  I do believe he will go pro after the eyar anyway.  after the injury it shoes you can get hurt on anything and something may happen next year if he returns that ends his career so my guess is he will take the money now.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:02 pm

[user=508]baseball[/user] wrote:
i can understand where people can predict what pick, but im a little confused as to how you can say what team.  It's only week 6 in the NFL there is still a lot of time left before the draft order is set.  I do believe he will go pro after the eyar anyway.  after the injury it shoes you can get hurt on anything and something may happen next year if he returns that ends his career so my guess is he will take the money now.

Just trying to bring a little more to this topic because everybody knows he is NFL ready and will be drafted high. Your right it is early to predict who but from what i've seen right now the Raiders are the worst team and will be lucky to win a game, and the Texans are right their too. I just think if the Texans have a shot at Peterson they won't blow it like they did last year.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things