Pete Rose

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Pete Rose

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:10 am

With baseball around the corner, the other Rose topic got me thinking about Pete Rose since I realy don't follow the NBA.

What is everyone's feelings about him being banned from baseball and being inducted in the HOF? I think its absolutely ridiculous that Barry Bonds, A-Rod, Clemens, and some of the others that have been tied to or have admitted using PED's will eventually get into the Hall. There will be some resistance at the beginning, but don't kid yourself, they will all get in at some point. These guys cheated during their playing days and their stats are enhanced because of this, but yet they are not banned. All Rose did was gamble on his team after his playing days for done and he has to be punished for the rest of his life?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Re: Pete Rose

Postby winner-within » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:43 am

What happened to Pete Rose is what I call total HorsePukky...Period....to see the man with a Passion for the Sport like he had and played with, have to sit there and get nothing in return for his play and his persona is a sad deal.....Mcguire (zero personality) was on riods, and so was Bonds (loozer).

I would have loved to See Rose (as a manager) come rushing out of the dug out and going after the Home-plate Ump.....that would be priceless...JMO
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby bison football73 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:07 am

It is ridiculous that the man has the career record in hits and has over 4000 hits and doing it legally doesn't get in but players that cheated can still be in. Rose should be in. Period.
bison football73
NDPreps All-State

Postby cubsfan » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:54 pm

My view on this has changed over the past couple of years. Before all the steroid talk surfaced, I was opposed to him being in because what he did, IMO, affected the integrity of the game. But when the MLB turned a blind eye towards steroids, the hurt the game more than anything Pete Rose ever did and thus should be inducted into the hall of fame.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sportsrube » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:49 pm

I agree with all of the other posts in this topic. What Pete Rose did doesn't compare to what the roid users did. Pete's stats were done without the help of PED's while McGuire, Bonds, Sosa, Palmeiro probably wouldn't have anywhere near the stats they have without the PED's. Rose should be in the Hall of Fame period!
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby DL Satans » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:35 am

well, no one got in this time around.....and it was all about PED's. The sad thing is, next time a player does something great, the first thing that will come to many people's minds is "what are they on?".
I personally think Rose will get in, he just won't live to see it.
Now if ANYONE should be in the baseball HOF it should be Roger Maris......just sayin.....
DL Satans
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things