Now THAT'S a flagrant foul

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Now THAT'S a flagrant foul

Postby vikingman » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:24 pm

vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Re: Now THAT'S a flagrant foul

Postby vikingman » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:40 pm

I guess that should have been posted in a different forum section. It makes Lovejoy's famous foul look somewhat mild ( although Komrosky might not agree)
vikingman
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:50 pm

I wouldn't agree that all of those should be called flagrant. #3 and #4 definitely. #1 and #5 looks like the guy was going for the ball, but because he doesn't leave his feet really could go either way even tho #5 looks really bad. Would have called #5, but maybe let #1 go. #2 and #6 no way I would call them flagrant. Fouls like that happen in many games. But if I was that #34(possibly #42, too) kids coach, school, or town I would be embarrassed to have him on the floor. Obviously looks like he is just out there to cause trouble and doesn't care about the game at all.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:07 pm

Everyone, but 2 and 6.
I agree move this to "other topics" or something, this already the most cluttered section on the forum.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:47 am

There was maybe one out of there I wouldn't have called but the rest obviously were. It was surprising how lopsided that was, they were all by basically one player. I find it shocking that the coach allowed it to go on that many times.
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:07 am

They were all Blatant, and real stupid...Flagrant?? not really.... No one got hurt just pushing and shoving!!
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Postby defensewinsgames » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:43 am

They were lucky that no one got hurt. Especially on the one where the guy ripped him to the ground and his head bounced off the ground. I'm all for physical play but there is a line between physical and destructive. If that was my player first time he did it he would have gotten talked to and the second or third time he would have been done for the game. He could have come and sat next to me on the bench and watched his team "pushing and shoving."
defensewinsgames
NDPreps All-State

Postby winner-within » Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:59 am

defensewinsgames wrote:They were lucky that no one got hurt. Especially on the one where the guy ripped him to the ground and his head bounced off the ground. I'm all for physical play but there is a line between physical and destructive. If that was my player first time he did it he would have gotten talked to and the second or third time he would have been done for the game. He could have come and sat next to me on the bench and watched his team "pushing and shoving."

If he was my Player, he wouldnt have a Beard, and if he insisted on being tough guy, I'd hand him over to the wrestling Coach and have his Heavy weight work on him.
If you can’t excel with talent, triumph with effort.
winner-within
NDPreps Legend

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things