Glory Road

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby Double Bonus » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:33 pm

Anybody see the movie Glory Road yet? If no, do so. It is awesome. It ranks right up there with Hoosiers.
Double Bonus

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:01 pm

I haven't seen it yet but If I don't catch it in the theater, I belong to blockbuster video club so I usually catch all the new releases right away.

Speaking of sports movies I was dissapointed with Friday Night Lights when it came out.  The movie would have been much better had it followed the book more closely.  It was a controversial book when it came out and brought up a lot of interesting points.  The movie however just wanted to be a jock flick with no substance.  I hope Glory Road has not taken too many liberties.  Great story though.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby 1337 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:25 am

Anybody catch Glory Road yet?
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby quick-draw-mcgraw » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:43 pm

I saw it just last weekend. It was one of the greatest sports movies ive ever seen. It really captured the drama of how bad it was at those times for those kids and for them to still go out and try after all the bad stuff that happened to them. I was on the edge of my seat.

2 thumbs up.
quick-draw-mcgraw

Postby Perles » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:09 pm

"Glory Road" is an excellent film.  The story really hits you in the heart.  I recommend this film not just to sports fan, but to everyone.
Perles
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things