Preseason Final Four Picks

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Postby Saas25 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:42 am

Ming01 wrote:Winthrop= best mid major, like I said before they're my George Mason like team this year.

I like your choice here but I'm assuming you are taking it off of the ESPN guys because they said the same thing haha am I right?
Saas25
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:01 am

Saas25 wrote:
Ming01 wrote:Winthrop= best mid major, like I said before they're my George Mason like team this year.

I like your choice here but I'm assuming you are taking it off of the ESPN guys because they said the same thing haha am I right?

Actually no, lol.  I've barely even watched any of the college basketball experts on tv.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby smooth » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:05 pm

Zona

N.Carolina

Texas

Virginia- I would put there backcourt against anyone in the country.
smooth
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:45 pm

smooth wrote:Zona

N.Carolina

Texas

If your going with backcourts I have 6 that are better then Virginia.  Kansas (Chalmers, Collins, Rush, Robinson),  Florida (Green, Hodge Humphrey), Duke (Henderson is a stud recruit, Nelson, Paulus is the best PG in the ACC), Ohio State (Conley, Cook, Butler, and possibly throw Lighty is if they are going small), and Marquette (Dominic James, Wesley Matthews, and Jerel McNeal.....if your dont know these names write them down, best backcourt in the Big East and they are all only Soph..), & UNC (Frasor, Ginyard, Lawson and Miller).  Although Singletary and Reynolds are studs for VA i would take any of the other backcourts i mentioned before Virginia since behind these 2 Virginia doesnt have any depth at the Gaurd spot.  8 of the 12 players on the team are listed as Forwards or Centers
Last edited by baseball on Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsperson » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:21 pm

Kansas - I believe the loss to Oral Roberts is very similar to North Carolina's loss to Santa Clara in their first game two years ago. We all saw how that turned out.

Florida - Too much talent and experience returning to not make a run.

Ohio State - Ultra-talented freshman Oden, Conley, Lighty, and Cook put this team over the hump and into the Final Four.

LSU - With Glen "Big Baby" Davis back and in the best shape of his career the Tigers are Final Four bound.
sportsperson
NDPreps Starter

Postby smooth » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:42 pm

baseball wrote:
smooth wrote:Zona

N.Carolina

Texas

If your going with backcourts I have 6 that are better then Virginia.  Kansas (Chalmers, Collins, Rush, Robinson),  Florida (Green, Hodge Humphrey), Duke (Henderson is a stud recruit, Nelson, Paulus is the best PG in the ACC), Ohio State (Conley, Cook, Butler, and possibly throw Lighty is if they are going small), and Marquette (Dominic James, Wesley Matthews, and Jerel McNeal.....if your dont know these names write them down, best backcourt in the Big East and they are all only Soph..), & UNC (Frasor, Ginyard, Lawson and Miller).  Although Singletary and Reynolds are studs for VA i would take any of the other backcourts i mentioned before Virginia since behind these 2 Virginia doesnt have any depth at the Gaurd spot.  8 of the 12 players on the team are listed as Forwards or Centers

I was talking starting backcourt....Singletary(All ACC 1st Team) and Reynolds (All ACC 3rd Team) I think they match up well against all the guys you mentioned.  Except Ohio St. They dont even have the best gaurds in the Big Ten.  Singletary would eat Butler up and Conley and Cook are talented freshman, but there freshman VA would have the upper hand. 

No question they dont have the depth like the teams you mentioned, you have to admit they can play with anybody from Duke, UNC, ect.
smooth
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:37 pm

your 2 would match up with any 2 players i mentioned yes, but you picked them to go to the Final Four led by the 2 players alone.  I was simply saying that a backcourt is more then just 2 players its all gaurds on the team, and that is all VA has.  they are fantastic players sure but if one gets in foul trouble there is no way they can win.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:15 pm

I dont see Arizona making it to the Final Four, it all depends on Shakur, i dont think he is going to have that great of a year.  If UNC plays like they did against Winthrop there is no way they are going to make the Final Four, they played very sloppy.  Lawson had alot of turnovers.  I think Pitt will probaly have a good shot at making the Final Four, with Aaron Gray, and Levon Kendall in the middle.
Last edited by hoopsstar2391 on Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:25 pm

hoopsstar2391 wrote: I dont see Arizona making it to the Final Four, it all depends on Shakur, i dont think he is going to have that great of a year.  If UNC plays like they did against Winthrop there is no way they are going to make the Final Four, they played very sloppy.  Lawson had alot of turnovers.  I think Pitt will probaly have a good shot at making the Final Four, with Aaron Gray, and Levon Kendall in the middle.

Yeah thats a pretty good pick in Pitt. 

Also watch out for Memphis.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:28 pm

hoopsstar2391 wrote: I dont see Arizona making it to the Final Four, it all depends on Shakur, i dont think he is going to have that great of a year.  If UNC plays like they did against Winthrop there is no way they are going to make the Final Four, they played very sloppy.  Lawson had alot of turnovers.  I think Pitt will probaly have a good shot at making the Final Four, with Aaron Gray, and Levon Kendall in the middle.

you have got to be kidding me.....your counting teams out because they played sloppy in the 2nd or 3rd game of the season??
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:20 am

baseball wrote:

you have got to be kidding me.....your counting teams out because they played sloppy in the 2nd or 3rd game of the season??

I said if they play like they did against Winthrop, i didnt say they werent gonna make it already, i said IF they play like that.  Read posts more clearly.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:20 am

baseball wrote:

I said if they play like they did against Winthrop, i didnt say they werent gonna make it already, i said IF they play like that.  Read posts more clearly.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:28 am

people use the word if to much....talk about teams that will make the final four when they play good and stay injury free.

Florida wont make it back IF noah gets hurt.

what IF UNC's bus rolls over and Hansbrough breaks his neck.

when you use the word if your saying every team is equal, which everyone knows is not true.....this topic is meant for the assumption that all teams in D-1 are playing at their top level by the time the tourney starts.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:16 pm

you must think you make the rules of this now, and now your being stupid, i made a simple comment, and you go and turn it in to an argument.
Last edited by hoopsstar2391 on Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsguy2 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:12 pm

baseball wrote:people use the word if to much....talk about teams that will make the final four when they play good and stay injury free.

Florida wont make it back IF noah gets hurt.

what IF UNC's bus rolls over and Hansbrough breaks his neck.

when you use the word if your saying every team is equal, which everyone knows is not true.....this topic is meant for the assumption that all teams in D-1 are playing at their top level by the time the tourney starts.

but you have to admit that if UNC's youngsters don't start playin better than they did vs. Winthrop they won't be there
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:48 pm

well i beleive Savannah State could make the final four if they shoot 100% from the field and average 15 steals a game....
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsguy2 » Wed Nov 22, 2006 4:52 pm

baseball wrote:well i beleive Savannah State could make the final four if they shoot 100% from the field and average 15 steals a game....

i agree, good call
Last edited by sportsguy2 on Wed Nov 22, 2006 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sportsguy2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby andy_7 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:52 pm

Gonzaga- looked real dominant against UNC the other night, i was really impressed with there big inside freshman.

Florida- I can't disagree with the experience they have, but I do think that Noah is a little overrated.

UNC- Even though how much it hurts me to put the tar-heels in the final four they have so much athletizm they can play with any1 when roy gets them playin like they can.

Memphis- love there atheticism, they always seem to get guys who can run the court and throw it down hard.

Ohio State will be a great team also with all of those freshmen.  To bad I dont see any of these guys stayin for the full 4 yrs but very few do these days.

My team Duke, well i dont see them being in the top 3 in the ACC.  I watched a couple of games and I wasn't that impressed.  They don't have any athleticism exept for nelson.  I only see them making it to the second round if that. 
Last edited by andy_7 on Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andy_7

Postby baseball » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:20 pm

i agree with you that Duke isnt that impressive this season.  I feel Coach K's recuiting ability isnt as good as it once was.  It doesnt work to say "well we are Duke ya know" anymore to these kids. alot of them know they wont stay in school for 4 years so they go places where they will be the man and get the most shots.  Mayo for example....if he went to Ohio State he would be sharing the ball with Conley and Cook but he knows he will be the man at USC from day 1.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby DL-in-DL » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:07 pm

kansas vs florida right now. should be a great game. kansas should prove that they arent the same team they were against oral roberts.
DL-in-DL
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:40 pm

project-pat wrote:
DeuceTrey wrote:who needs to pick four, when you can just pick the winner. and that, of course, will be KANSAS.

it doesnt look like they are gonna be winning it all when they're losing to ORAL ROBERTS haha. no excuses for that one.

Kansas 82, (NUMBER 1) Florida 80.....can they win it all now?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:26 pm

thank you darrell arthur baby

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:48 pm

cdub1 wrote:thank you darrell arthur baby

the kids not a freshman...haha.  julian wright was the fricken man he got every ball tonight but made one mistake, that being he fouls brewer with 10 seconds left for and adn-1 and then end up gettin his own rebound and the "African Viking(whatever that means)" ties the game and Robinson feels the need not to get a shot off before the buzzer
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:12 pm

not to mention why does Sasha Kaun even get on the floor??  i'd rather see Matt Klienmann out there then Kaun
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby cdub1 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:56 am

kaun gets on the floor to miss the dunk and make me want to throw something at my tv lol

id rather die like a man than live like a coward becuz a coward dies a thousand deaths
cdub1
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things