Extra Curricular Participation Numbers

Talk about the world of sports here. And also a sub-forum to talk about anything else.

Extra Curricular Participation Numbers

Postby Sportsrube » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:51 pm

I have been the Senior Class Advisor for my school for over 20 years. One of the nice things we do for our Seniors every year is that get a plaque listing all the extra curricular activity they participate in for all four of their HS years. In the past mos of our students received a plaque for a sport or sports, band/choir, speech, drama, yearbook, stats for a HS team, etc.... Many of our Seniors had multiple listed on their plaque. The last 3 - 4 years we have had more kids with only one of two activities listed and a number who do not get a plaque because they did not do four years in anything. (This year almost half of our Senior class will not be getting a plaque and only 4 have more than two activities.) I am wondering if this is just a problem for us or other schools are seeing this as well. Looking at out Freshman-Junior class we will be saving a lot of money on plaques in the coming springs. It is very disheartening as a retired coach to see the numbers drop off in every one of all of these activities. Also not sure how to solve it. Percentage wise we now have more kids only doing 1 activity or no activities.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Open Topics - Sports and other things