Dakota Bowl Announcing

North Dakota High School Football
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Dakota Bowl Announcing

Postby Wildcat » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:17 pm

Is it me or did it seem like the P.A. guy at the Dakota Bowl didn't prepare at all for his job? I don't know if he is the NDSU announcer or who he is, but he butchered a lot of names including Royal Lyson who helps present awards at alot of state tournaments. His announcing was good including tone of voice and he gets the crowd into it, but shouldn't an announcer prepare at all? He stumbled over some names including Dave Michaelson, the rep. for the coaches association.

Shouldn't there be at least a little bit of preparation in getting these names right. Granted there are a lot of kids, but to mispronounce NDHSAA officials names...I wouldn't think those would be so difficult.

One more thing...TV camera guys. PLEASE pan out once in awhile. Please! It was bad enough that the camera was zoomed in when Lisbon was going for it on fourth-and-one and you didn't know what yard line the ball was on because the camera was zoomed in. And of course, Timmerman and the other guy didn't bother to mention what yard line the ball was on..just that it would be a short field if Lisbon failed.

If your going to show the awards given out, then please pan out. I don't know about other people, but I don't enjoy seeing a kid whose face is half off the screen accepting his award.

Rant over.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Dakota Bowl Announcing

Postby Mandan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:00 pm

I remember during the 2001 Dakota Bowl, the Fargodome announcer did a terrible job, expecially with one Bismarck High running back, Kinneschitzke (hope I spelled that right). I agree, you should know how to say every kid's name, and if you are unsure talk to the media or coaches and get it right. To do otherwise is unprofessional. I was tempted back then to write a letter to complain, but never did.
Mandan
NDPreps Starter

Return to Football