preseason poll

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby dlhockeymanager07 » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:10 am

i was wondering what your guy think the east preseason poll is gona be mine is

South

GFRR

DL

GPR

Central or west fargo

shanley

north

wahpoton duh
dlhockeymanager07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fellowes » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:33 am

-players to watch-

1-  Fargo South                       -Ian Powers, Sean Deichert, Danny Wuerdon

2-  Grand Forks Red River        -Eric Meland, Ryan LaDouceuer, Jarret Galbreath

3-  Grafton Park River              -Zach Miller, Tanner Hills

4-  Grand Forks Central           -Alex Simonson, Josh Ness

Devils Lake                        - Kyle Everson, Jorey Heit

6-  Fargo North                        -Tyler Klein

7-  Fargo Shanley                    ..........................      

West Fargo                       - Tyler Swanson

9-  Whapeton/Breck               .............................
fellowes
NDPreps Starter

Postby fellowes » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:42 am

WEST                                          -PLAYERS TO WATCH-

1- Bismarck High                      Michel Hillman, Andrew Seeberg

2- Minot                                   Nathan Stremick, Dan Hendrickson

3- Century                               Zach Wentz, Drew Flanagin

Williston                              Shawn Erickson, Kyle Haugenoe

5- Jamestown                          Zach Welding

6- Hazen Beulah                      ............................... 

Mandan                                Caleb Haugen

8- Bottineau                             ..............................

9- Dickinson                              ..............................
fellowes
NDPreps Starter

Postby dlhockeymanager07 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:13 am

polls look good but what happened to dl in your poll there better the gpr
dlhockeymanager07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fellowes » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:21 am

Grafton and Devils Lake could easily be swapped in my poll it was just that the idea of Hills and Miller was more appealing then Heit and Everson although Grafton will have an untested goaltender between the pipes and Devils Lake will have a Junior with good experience who played in a Region Tourney and the State Tournament, although his statistics were average that experience he gained last year should go a long way this season.
fellowes
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:50 am

fellowes wrote:    WEST                                          -PLAYERS TO WATCH-

1- Bismarck High                      Michel Hillman, Andrew Seeberg

2- Minot                                   Nathan Stremick, Dan Hendrickson

3- Century                               Zach Wentz, Drew Flanagin

Williston                              Shawn Erickson, Kyle Haugenoe

5- Jamestown                          Zach Welding

6- Hazen Beulah                      ............................... 

Mandan                                Caleb Haugen

8- Bottineau                             ..............................

9- Dickinson                              ..............................

Coby Rehak of williston thats one of the top players to watch out of there those to are good but he keeps them in the game kids a stud
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby theprodigy » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:30 pm

Do you have a brain and really think that shanley will be better then north. I will tell you right now that north will contend with grafton central and devils lake for the last two spots in the east.
theprodigy

Postby dlhockeymanager07 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:01 am

ok if u say so
dlhockeymanager07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby theprodigy » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:21 am

I mean if you look at the roster for the north team this year they return many players with experience from the year before. They have one of the best forwards in the state in tyler klein. They also many defense returning. Their only question mark is their goaltending. If you remember back to bantams 3 years ago this same group of players were considered contending for the state title when they started the season 17-6, and had notable wins vs. both GF teams, flyers, and grafton. Then they ended falling apart at the end of the year with injuries, but still are a strong team when they play together. That was norths problem last year. When they played as a team they could contend with anyone, showing how they beat grafton at edc, but if they dont they could get beat bad by anyone, like south at edc. Their whole season this year i believe will rely on if they can play as a team.
theprodigy

Postby fellowes » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:30 am

I've just been informed that Century High School has lost a defenseman for the year apparently he is a football player who sustained an injury last week. I have little information on this if anyone could fill in the blanks it would be appreciated.
fellowes
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:47 pm

Zach Wents dont quite know how bad yet
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby theprodigy » Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:51 pm

thats unfortunate. hopefully he might be able to play at some point.
theprodigy

Postby dlhockeymanager07 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:42 am

whats up dizzle it aint just my that has devils lake # 3 in the edc it was in a usa hockey magazine that had devils lake 3 in the edc and 4th in state whats up now
dlhockeymanager07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Claz B Fan » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:21 am

Shanley has Pat Thomas and Peter Hvidston
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby LB21 » Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:26 pm

It was Dakota Hockey, a Bismarck based magazine that picked DL third not USA hockey.  They predicted last year that Jamestown would finish ahead of Red River.  Red Rvier won the East Region and Jamestown played Wahpeton in the play in game.  I bet DL finishes 5th or 6th at best. 
LB21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby theprodigy » Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:40 pm

Ok man whatever you say but i agree with LB21. I dont think that magazines picks are very accurate, (with the predictions they had last year). I think we will just have to wait and see when the season starts. It will be fun to see how DL adapts to playing in the east. (And i never said that DL couldnt be third, I said that north, grafton, central and DL wil battle for the last two tickets to state from the east).
theprodigy

Postby dlhockeymanager07 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:31 am

ok lets wait and see u guy are gona have a big surprise
dlhockeymanager07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby theprodigy » Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:57 am

I never said that they wouldnt be good but i just dont see them being in the top three for a few reasons. One is this will be their first year playing in the east. Two is that they were 0-4-1 last year vs. the east teams they played (losing to south, grafton, north, and jamestown, and a tie vs. grafton). Three would be making the adjustment to the style of play. From what ive seen it is a little different then out west. Now im not saying they are gonna be bad, because they will be a good team this year and could very well be third come state time. But placing them in the top three in the east this early (without seeing them play competition from their new conference) just seems a little premature. 
theprodigy

Postby big_tyme_hockey » Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:32 pm

dlhockeymanager07 wrote:ok lets wait and see u guy are gona have a big surprise

Would you quit talking and let the season play out?? PLEASE.
big_tyme_hockey

Postby Metal Edge » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:01 am

[font=courier new]I think Devils Lake will be a big surprise this year in the east [/font]

[font=courier new]and Bottineau will be the big surprise in the west.  Both teams[/font]

[font=courier new]have a ton of young talent and both are due for a good year.  I[/font]

[font=courier new]understand that Bottineau will once again have over thirty kids[/font]

[font=courier new]in high school and the last couple of years there youth programs[/font]

[font=courier new]have done really well.  It will be nice to see some traditional [/font]

[font=courier new]hockey towns back in the mix.[/font] 
Metal Edge
NDPreps Starter

Postby DrPepper1 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:27 am

Come on guys lets be honest and use our heads here.  It will be the same 4 teams at state from the east that go every year recently. South, Red River, Grafton, and Central in that order.  South and Grafton have serious offensive power and the GF's always find a way to get there.  North, West Fargo, Shanley will all have to depend on games against wahpeton to rack up the points because they aren't even close to being on the same level as the top 4.  Im leaving DL out of the mix just because im not familiar with their team and it should be interesting to see how they adjust to playing in the East.
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby theprodigy » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:57 am

dude use your head "North, West Fargo, Shanley will all have to depend on games against wahpeton to rack up the points because they aren't even close to being on the same level as the top 4." its gonna be a little different then last year with every team losing all their seniors i think you will be surprised when there are a lot of closer games then you thought there would be.
theprodigy

Postby Saucesauer » Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:17 am

anyone in haen from what i hear there are only about 10 kids trying out for high school is there an truth behind this???
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Metal Edge » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:51 pm

[font=courier new]I heard about 12 kids trying out for hazen.  i guess there[/font]

[font=courier new]top dog moved and is going to play for one of the fargo teams,[/font]

[font=courier new]so that lead to 5 or 6 kids not wanting to play.  your crazy to[/font]

[font=courier new]think that it will be the same teams from the east again.  i think[/font]

[font=courier new]devils lake will surprise alot of people, they have an excellant[/font]

[font=courier new]youth program.  too bad for the west that they are losing a good[/font]

[font=courier new]team and gaining another terrible hockey program in jamestown.[/font]

Metal Edge
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockeyfan02 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:36 am

South - Reloading/School size

RR - Reloading/School size

Devils Lake - Young, but... hard working, and experienced

GPR - Tradition/Reloading

Centeral - all of thee above

Westfargo - Dosn't Matter

Shanely - Dosn't Matter

Wahpeton - Dosn't Matter

hockeyfan02