Returning and experienced players...who has em?

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby NDhockey6b » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:05 pm

Name the double digit returning players on each team in the state and what you know they can do for their teams. Also who has the most?
every practice matters...but every game Counts
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:53 pm

tyrel mcbain will be about only the northstars having coming back this year, but with that kid almost leading the state last year in points as a sophmore it can only get better with him though he is playing with alot less talent. thats about it that i can think of from the west don't know much about the east really maybe someone can give a heads up?

its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDhockey6b » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:10 pm

Mcbain is a all around good player i will give him that. From what i saw his shot is what gave him his points and he always seemed to be in the right spot at the right time. I will say this now, he will not exceed 55 points next season. Without linemates to support you like the 2 SR's he had, he will not be able to score half as much. His 2 line mates created scoring chances and so he did what he does best and thats score.

What about Haugen from Mandan,Minots returners, Rehak from Williston, or the RR youngsters and the Devils Lake SR and JR class? Don't leave out Powers from south.
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:38 pm

Haugen is a good player himself, though he doesn't have much to play with he is an all-around althlete in every sport he plays.

Rehak is a hard-hitting cat that has learned all he can from his partner the last two years in jundt, which wasn't all that bad to learn with when your a young freshman

McBain will struggle i guess i forgot that he lost Mckensie which was a great key to his success, but his shot i do agree is his best feature as a player his wrist and snap are both hard and accurate
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDhockey6b » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:10 am

What about the DL sohpmores that are gonna be JR's. They seem like they hvae been helping carry the team since they were freshman the 5-6 than stepped up their sophmore season now who knows how good they will be their JR season, they were taking on SR's as freshman. Anyone else have opinions on Hanson F., Henke F., Heit F. , Byram F. , Greene D., Reardon D., Groves G. and a few others that are with them. Groves if i remember right was rated 6th in the state as a First year SOPHMORE.

RR has some stud sophmores and GFC has their one fast forward Simonson. The 2 D Ladoucer and Gallbreath from RR I think are getting even better playing hockey almost 12 months out of the year. Im guessing so in Melander. I wanna hear what people think about the DL kids and RR kids.
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby big_tyme_hockey » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:46 am

Just so we know from now on, one of the Red River kid's name is not Melander... It's "Meland". Sorry, it was just annoying me.
big_tyme_hockey

Postby NDhockey6b » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:41 pm

haha sorry about that. I will have to check up before i spell next time.
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby hcky1616 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:40 pm

The DL Team could well be the fastest team in ND this year. Throughout their Squirt, Peewee, Bantam years the team has had excellent team speed and moved the puck extremely well. Everson, Henke, Byram, Heit, Reardon and Laber ( if he returns) all have speed and see the ice extremely well. BUT, size has always been an issue. Jamestown, Minot, WIlliston all played tough, physical games and beat them. But Speed Kills..for 2 years, then the talent level drops off.
hcky1616

Postby ndbb » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:38 am

Jamestown has a large amount of seniors coming back from the team last year, including Welding, Spenningsby, Lukach, Lindberg, Flaig.
ndbb
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby syracuse_10 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:36 pm

ndbb wrote:Jamestown has a large amount of seniors coming back from the team last year, including Welding, Spenningsby, Lukach, Lindberg, Flaig.

Spenningnsby? Lukach? Who are these people.
syracuse_10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:05 am

It remains to be seen as to how good they will be but Century has the following players back, all with significant varsity time last year.

Cody Erhardt, Drew Flanigan, Drew Fleuer, Drew Hausauer, Austin Schock, Pat Dehne, Matt Berger, Nick Horner, ? Hoerner, Zach Wentz, DAn Andre, Tom Evenson, Derek Miller, ? Gendreau. May be more.... can't remember.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby syracuse_10 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:19 pm

Saucesauer wrote:It remains to be seen as to how good they will be but Century has the following players back, all with significant varsity time last year.

Cody Erhardt, Drew Flanigan, Drew Fleuer, Drew Hausauer, Austin Schock, Pat Dehne, Matt Berger, Nick Horner, ? Hoerner, Zach Wentz, DAn Andre, Tom Evenson, Derek Miller, ? Gendreau. May be more.... can't remember.

The only problem with that is that there are really only 3 returners that made a big impact for the team last year. Erhart, Flanagin, and Wentz.
syracuse_10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDhockey6b » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:24 pm

Century was young last year and lagged behind, hopefully they get things together in the offseason otherwise they will not be seeing any state tourny spots.
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:36 pm

Impact means nothing, it will be a new season, last year was last year. I'd rather have 15 guys WITH experience then 1-3 guys who 'impacted" they are all (15) fairly equal in talent, even the 3 you mention were not standouts. Chs could be tough to match up to, equal depth on 3-4 forward lines.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby syracuse_10 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:08 am

Saucesauer wrote:Impact means nothing, it will be a new season, last year was last year. I'd rather have 15 guys WITH experience then 1-3 guys who 'impacted" they are all (15) fairly equal in talent, even the 3 you mention were not standouts. Chs could be tough to match up to, equal depth on 3-4 forward lines.

But they only play 2 lines. Always have. Bottineau has 15 guys back every year with experience, and they always struggle. I would rather have it so at least a few were impact players. And yes I do feel Flanagin and Erhart were standouts.....they led the team in scoring as juniors.
syracuse_10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ditka14 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:05 am

Saucesauer wrote:Impact means nothing, it will be a new season, last year was last year. I'd rather have 15 guys WITH experience then 1-3 guys who 'impacted" they are all (15) fairly equal in talent, even the 3 you mention were not standouts. Chs could be tough to match up to, equal depth on 3-4 forward lines.

You can have players that are equally good in talent but without any standouts and players above anyones average they will always have trouble as a team you need players that can step-up and standout to make a difference in a game

Ex-Charlie bair in mandan 2 seasons ago if he was equal on talent with everyone else mandan would have never beat bismarck for the first time and century twice with the team century had that year

experience is actually nothing in my eyes a player could get 2 shifts a game and you tell me thats going to make a huge impact a few of those guys you mentioned were JV's most of the time maybe 2 shifts a game doesn't give that much experience
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDhockey6b » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:59 am

Teams need leaders, if they want to get anywhere. CHS could have leaders if those guys mentioned step it up and take control.
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:57 pm

Ditka14:

You are not correct regarding Chs. Besides, if experience means nothing why are you touting all the "studs" Mandan fooball has coming back with experience, sounds like a contradiction to me, or sour grapes because Mandan will be so poor in hockey again.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:00 pm

Syracuse:

You are wrong, CHS consistantly played 3 lines last year and at times 4.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby syracuse_10 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:21 am

Saucesauer wrote:Syracuse:

You are wrong, CHS consistantly played 3 lines last year and at times 4.

Ok, I actually know for a pretty good fact that I'm right. I was at almost every home game of theirs.

The only shift I saw the 4th line ever play in a home game is when they were getting throttled by Hazen.

Here is how I saw their lines go out on the ice: 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 1, 2, 3, I don't consider that consistently playing their third line, I know they played only 2 lines for a lot of the time too.
syracuse_10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:59 am

no we actually did run three the only time it went 1 2 1 2 is when we were on the powerp;ay or kill other than that it was even except for the 4th line who played the 3rd period during a large deficite
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ditka14 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:30 am

Saucesauer wrote:Ditka14:

You are not correct regarding Chs. Besides, if experience means nothing why are you touting all the "studs" Mandan fooball has coming back with experience, sounds like a contradiction to me, or sour grapes because Mandan will be so poor in hockey again.

century has been poor the last two years, this year will be no different im sorry to your hopes of a steller year Sauce!!!
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby roadkill19 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:17 pm

I think CHS could be a good contender to take the west next year. Having 12+ seniors 10 of whom played every game last year and a "balanced" scoring squad.  Stand outs or not, thats a large returning class and they might just turn a few heaDs throughout the state. It all depends on how hard they work in the offseason and how bad they want a good season next year.
roadkill19
NDPreps Rookie

Postby NDhockey6b » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:22 pm

CHS will for sure be top 5 in the west maybe top 3. But this coming year i dont think any west team will beat any east team the west is going to be down pretty bad and losing DL. The east will be up. State will be a 4-0 east shut out again but atleast the last 2 years all the games have been good and some really close but i think this coming year maybe only one game will be close and the rest will blow out...thats how it is the west is gonna be in a down year.
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDhockey6b » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:47 pm

How do you think Jamestown will contend in the west compaired to how they did in the east? I think if they take this season seriously they will take the title but who knows it jamestown...but they have it if they want it.
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Hockey