Impressive Freshman And Sophmores

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby NDSportsFan » Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:06 pm

****EDITED by ADMINISTRATOR*****

If you guys want to continue breaking the rules, and disrupting the board, we can keep you from posting and replying.  If you can't discuss something without this type of behavior, then I have to take further action, thank you.

NDSPortsFan
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Dk All Day » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:52 pm

after this year minot is going to be very very downhill come think abotu it kimda all guys sports are for minot except swimming hahabut ya were defintly not looking good in th ehockey section after this winter specially with the goalie situation.
Dk All Day
NDPreps Starter

Postby MHSfan » Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:36 am

Bryce Schimdt from Minot might make varsity hockey this year as a freshman. He is a hard working player and is very good, granite Minot will be rebuilding for a few years but he should be alright.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Claz B Fan » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:57 am

As a freshman huh? That would be quite impressive
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DrPepper1 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:35 am

dizzle-1 wrote:how much you want to bet that north makes it this year? Im taking all bets. What makes everyone think that devils lake will just come over to the east and make the state tournament? I believe that north beat them last year, but the only reason devils lake went to the state tournament was because they were in the west. Im also pretty sure that north has a way better team then shanley this year.

Being better than shanley isnt something you should be bragging about.  Ill bet you 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 dollars that North doesnt make it to state, they're just not a very good team that has pretty much no depth, defense, or goaltending.
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby theprodigy » Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:13 am

for one thing i wasnt bragging about north being better then shanley. i was saying that they were better because dlhockeymanager07 had them better then north in his poll, which is a joke. did you not watch high school hockey at all last year? almost every team lost a significant amount of seniors- south-11  red river-12  grafton-8  central-11  north-6  west fargo-15. every team lost a majority of their experience from last year. i dont understand how you can say that north is the only team with no depth. ya they may not have an experienced goaltender but other teams have that same problem too. i think we should just wait and let the season start and then talk more about it once people have actually seen the teams playing.                          
theprodigy

Postby dlhockeymanager07 » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:28 pm

ok my bad north is better then shanley is that whats u wanna hear and no i didnt follow the east last year cause i was consontrating on the west and you have a few sqrews loss is u think that red river and south are gona be bad if im right they both have GREAT goaltenders returning and south has ian powers and mcbain in january so and ive been hearing the grafton is gona be good and thats just what ive heard about us im not talking anything away from north but the win against devils lake was a fluck last year
dlhockeymanager07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Metal Edge » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:56 pm

[font=courier new]i bet minot will be rebuilding for more than a few years,[/font]

[font=Courier New]heck bottineau will be better than minot for the next 3-4 [/font]

[font=Courier New]years.[/font]
Metal Edge
NDPreps Starter

Postby Dk All Day » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:09 pm

we'll prolly do good in the west like we always do then stuff it down our leg in state like we always do but all of us are hoping that we get past the first round knock on wood this year otherwise this will b4th year in the consolation bracket .hahaha
Dk All Day
NDPreps Starter

Postby theprodigy » Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:58 am

No your not right on two things. One is that red rivers goaltender will be unexperienced because they graduted rosendahl last year. South is the only team out of the top 3 that has an experienced goaltender. The other thing was that the loss to north last year wasnt a fluke. If i remember right north controlled the game and out shot DL by like 10 shots. DL last year went 0-4-1 vs east teams. Yes granite that there are a lot of players that have graduated from last year, but you are only going out on limb saying that DL will be so good in the east when they didnt beat one team from the east last year. They will have to earn the respect of playing in the east, because it is a different style of play than the west. DL should have a good season but putting them in the top 3 for the east in their first year is just a little premature.
Last edited by theprodigy on Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
theprodigy

Postby dlhockeymanager07 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:59 am

holy tough guy i said if i remember right i wasnt sure about red rivers goaly and dl has a great goaltender in groves and i think we earned respect in the east by giving the state champs south a good game so i cant wait tell DL play north then we will find out HOW good u really think north is gona be and if im right red river is always good dl has alot of experience and talent grafton has some fast kids south is always good too and central seems to always step it up when it comes time for playoffs so stop saying how good north is cause your the only one saying it and theres alot of people saying dl is gona be good not just me so people if you agree with me sayd yes
dlhockeymanager07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby big_tyme_hockey » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:15 am

[user=614]dlhockeymanager07[/user] wrote:
holy tough guy i said if i remember right i wasnt sure about red rivers goaly and dl has a great goaltender in groves and i think we earned respect in the east by giving the state champs south a good game so i cant wait tell DL play north then we will find out HOW good u really think north is gona be and if im right red river is always good dl has alot of experience and talent grafton has some fast kids south is always good too and central seems to always step it up when it comes time for playoffs so stop saying how good north is cause your the only one saying it and theres alot of people saying dl is gona be good not just me so people if you agree with me sayd yes

kid shut up let the season play out your making a darn fool of yourself. shut up and let the teams play.
big_tyme_hockey

Postby theprodigy » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:18 am

big_tyme_hockey wrote:[user=614]dlhockeymanager07[/user] wrote:

kid shut up let the season play out your making a darn fool of yourself. shut up and let the teams play.

Not that much you still were 0-4-1. I agree though, you need to stop talking and let it just play out. (and also learn how to spell).
Last edited by theprodigy on Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
theprodigy

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:34 am

Gentlemen, how about a civilized discussion about impressive Freshmen and Sophmores, without the other crap?
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby hockeyfan02 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:51 am

If anyone remembers the Bantam State Hockey tourney about 4 years ago in Minot, The top four teams were Fargo Flyers, GrandForks Weatkings, Devils Lake, and Minot. Here we are today, with those kids most of whome are jouniors or seniors. Advantages for schools like fargo and grandforks are obvious : There are many more people, making more kids, which creates more hockey players for more competion. The reason Grafton hockey teams always do well, is because they play with the same kids year after year after year. I'm Guessing they stay close to on the same lines aswell. They also play in the east, where competion is much greater, thus causing them to "play up".  And lets not forget about tradition.  Now, for Devils Lake. Devils Lake and Grafton are very simialar. Small, hardworking, and have no trouble getting ice time. So before the argument between The Fargo North and Devils Lake kids turns into world war III, lets remember all of the variables. Devils Lake has nothing to lose. Somtimes those are the scariest teams. Just remember 85% of Devils Lakes hockey team has been playing at the Varsity level going on 3 years, And I heard that their goaltender has gotten that much better. 
hockeyfan02

Postby siouxnami » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:33 pm

I think Jamestown has a good sophmore class starting up this year.  They have Erick Paiement who spend a month in Colorado playing and he definately made a show for the Brandon Tournament I hear, also,  Kyle Walden who played JV and some Varsity last year as a freshman is going to do well this year.  It's unfortunate that they lost Max Johnson though, he really improved last year and could have been a huge player for the JV and possibly affected the Varsity squad but he moved out to Watford City.  I also noticed Miles Traiser has been working hard all summer.  He spent the summer playing on some Minnesota select team and he did frappier all summer in fargo..hopefully he's got some good results cause I really like his style of play. 
siouxnami
NDPreps Rookie

Postby hockey4life » Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:04 pm

Jamestown has a hard time staying out of the penalty box, and that's what's going to hurt them

Last edited by hockey4life on Fri Nov 03, 2006 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDhockey6b » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:34 pm

" If i remember right north controlled the game and out shot DL by like 10 shots. "

Dizzle-1

I just checked the shots and DL outshot North 24-23. Sounds to me like a good game. I think North just seemed to match up well against DL last season. I might have to run over and watch that game this season.

every practice matters...but every game Counts
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby theprodigy » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:49 pm

My bad, I guess it just seemed like they outshot them by that many. It was a good game with the score being only 1-0. They should match up well this season.
theprodigy

Postby NDhockey6b » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:47 pm

I would probably guess DL over North, But it could easily go either way. North has a lot of talent...along with DL. We will have to see how the season plays out...but just with a preseason guess i would have to say that north and DL will both sweep Central. With what i know...my opinion is that there will be a race between grafton DL and north for the 3-4 seeds in the east, with central close behind. South and RR will have trouble with eachother all year long again. But this season I think that North, GPR and DL will match up very well with South and RR. Now the 2 will have to worry about more than just playing eachother. The east is going to be awesome to watch this year.
every practice matters...but every game Counts
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby Spoiler92 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:51 am

Chad Demers GPR
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing!
Spoiler92
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Hockey