State Hockey: EDC or WDA

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

State Hockey: EDC or WDA

Postby fargohockey1093 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:33 pm

Who do you believe will walk away with the state championship this year?
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Re: State Hockey: EDC or WDA

Postby gfhockeyrules » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:47 pm

Fargo South or GF Central - depending on State brackets.
gfhockeyrules
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:00 pm

In an EDC versus WDA, I really do believe the EDC will take it again, no offense. South has done incredibly well this year (just look at their schedule and who they've played and beaten so far) and other than one game, have an incredible season going. Central has struggled a bit but seem to be doing just fine by playing defense. They aren't a high scoring team but they get the job done defensively just as well as South has been.
Depending on the brackets and who wins the EDC tournament, I'd assume it'll be a battle for first between Central and South for the title at this point in the season. I see Bismarck (assuming they got the first seed) winning first round against the 4th seed (Grafton or RR) and then running into the 2nd seed at state and getting downed.

Of course there is still a month left in the season, as well as EDC to be had, so this is completely subjective.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockey1010 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:34 am

It'll be the EDC with the win but who from the EDC is still up for grabs.

GFC has scored 36 goals in their last 6 games...not bad offensive output for a Defensive team. Only giving up 10 in those 6 games sure helps too.

FS scoring 33 in their last 6 while only giving up 12.

Should be a good battle between these two teams for top spot.
hockey1010

Postby fargohockey1093 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:40 pm

Does anyone believe that the WDA has become more competitive lately? However I believe the EDC will take it.
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:15 pm

fargohockey1093 wrote:Does anyone believe that the WDA has become more competitive lately? However I believe the EDC will take it.

Not at all, I think the talent level in the EDC has kinda taken a nose dive. but as far as winning it I unfortunatly see the EDC taking it
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fargohockey1093 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:13 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
fargohockey1093 wrote:Does anyone believe that the WDA has become more competitive lately? However I believe the EDC will take it.

Not at all, I think the talent level in the EDC has kinda taken a nose dive. but as far as winning it I unfortunatly see the EDC taking it

Yeah i suppose that is a definet possibility
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:55 am

fargohockey1093 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

You compare this years teams to teams from even a couple years ago, Marto's senior year for GFC wow...Wurden went stright to juniors after state the quality imo from 02-07 was astonishing. Look at the seniors this year is anyone going somewhere right after state? There really arnt any truly stacked teams and I am not too sure but the last 2-3 years hasnt team ND struggled in Chicago?
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby fargohockey1093 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:57 am

Saucesauer wrote:
fargohockey1093 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

You compare this years teams to teams from even a couple years ago, Marto's senior year for GFC wow...Wurden went stright to juniors after state the quality imo from 02-07 was astonishing. Look at the seniors this year is anyone going somewhere right after state? There really arnt any truly stacked teams and I am not too sure but the last 2-3 years hasnt team ND struggled in Chicago?

I think next year will be an improvement with a big senior hockey class coming through
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Postby 12345 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:59 pm

Yes team north dakota has been down but i dont think it is because lack of talent but lack of interest.... a lot of good players from last year didnt even try out for it and they would have made it. Instead the roster was filled with players from the west.
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fargohockey1093 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:55 pm

12345 wrote:Yes team north dakota has been down but i dont think it is because lack of talent but lack of interest.... a lot of good players from last year didnt even try out for it and they would have made it. Instead the roster was filled with players from the west.

good point but i still beleive that we do have a small senior class in hockey this year
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Postby 12345 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:04 pm

Demers is also apart of this senior class and he already went to juniors and plus the season isnt over yet so you dont know if anyone is going to play juniors or not we'll just have to wait till the end of the season to see if anyone does.
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:08 pm

12345 wrote:Demers is also apart of this senior class and he already went to juniors and plus the season isnt over yet so you dont know if anyone is going to play juniors or not we'll just have to wait till the end of the season to see if anyone does.

This is a good evaluation. You will definitely have to wait until the season is over before you expect players to be making choices on where they are going to go after the season. Although lately some players have been jumping early (Wurden went immediately after state in 07, as well as Ladouceur and Galbreath, Demers left after his 08 championship as a Junior...) it isn't the most common thing to do. Let the kids focus on winning a State Championship first.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Return to Hockey