Up and Coming Player

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Up and Coming Player

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:28 pm

I hope you're not saying that he makes other players on the ice go retarded... that's (I think) a bad attribute. :)

If you're including Juniors, I'd have to include basically the entire underclassmen roster of GFC (Moody for example, leads as a Junior in points for GFC) on their first two lines as well as Red River's first line (Such as Ladouceur with 33 points for RR also a Junior). South also has several Juniors this year that get a large portion of ice time (Including Orson with 30 points, Stellrecht with 23 and Hooey with 21; all being Juniors).

However, in my eyes an "Up and Coming Player" would be one that has yet to play a large amount of Ice time on varsity, and then it's very difficult to predict how well they'll do in Varsity hockey as the competition gets a lot stronger, making it a moot point.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:12 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:I hope you're not saying that he makes other players on the ice go retarded... that's (I think) a bad attribute. :)

If you're including Juniors, I'd have to include basically the entire underclassmen roster of GFC (Moody for example, leads as a Junior in points for GFC) on their first two lines as well as Red River's first line (Such as Ladouceur with 33 points for RR also a Junior). South also has several Juniors this year that get a large portion of ice time (Including Orson with 30 points, Stellrecht with 23 and Hooey with 21; all being Juniors).

However, in my eyes an "Up and Coming Player" would be one that has yet to play a large amount of Ice time on varsity, and then it's very difficult to predict how well they'll do in Varsity hockey as the competition gets a lot stronger, making it a moot point.

I think you may have been dooped unless this kid plays JV he dosnt play at all and going by his only other post he is attepting to be funny...
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:45 pm

Well even if he was attempting to be funny (which I obviously didn't get the joke, never heard of the kid before), the thread topic is legit so it's fine by me for discussion.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby fargohockey1093 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:30 pm

I wouldnt consider a junior to be an up and coming player, more like a Freshmen or Sophmore.
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Return to Hockey