Biggest Upset for 2006

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby BenchRanger » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:28 am

When the one guy on the first line scores almost half their goals, the other two on his line are going to get points. Look at Mandan, all they had to do was throw it to Bair and they got the assist. Montplaiser, was one of the top scorers in the west because all he had to do was throw the puck in the vacinity of Bair. My point is, if you have one stud on your team, his linemates are going to have a ton of points that they wouldn't have if they weren't on a line like that. For Dix and Hazen, those returners don't have that much of an impact. The exception would be McBain, 37 goals.
It's not how high you climb, but how high you bounce after you fall. Gen. George Patton
BenchRanger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby showtime » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:02 pm

I see what your saying but McBain wouldn't have scored as much as he did if it weren't for Haugstad and Philion setting him up on all the plays, and making it possible for him to score.  If McBain had played with anybody else on that team he wouldn't have had half as good of a year he did or so I believe along with alot of other people.
showtime
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ditka14 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:20 am

BenchRanger wrote:When the one guy on the first line scores almost half their goals, the other two on his line are going to get points. Look at Mandan, all they had to do was throw it to Bair and they got the assist. Montplaiser, was one of the top scorers in the west because all he had to do was throw the puck in the vacinity of Bair. My point is, if you have one stud on your team, his linemates are going to have a ton of points that they wouldn't have if they weren't on a line like that. For Dix and Hazen, those returners don't have that much of an impact. The exception would be McBain, 37 goals.

bair is a great player, but you cannot say montplaiser wasn't a quality player in his own sense. He made team north dakota when that year the competion was stacked, but good point it does help having a good player if you give him the puck odds are he will put it home
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby siouxnami » Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:43 pm

Didn't McBain move to South?
siouxnami
NDPreps Rookie

Postby theprodigy » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:25 am

Yes he moved to south and i believe he cant play until jan.
theprodigy

Previous

Return to Hockey