FM Jets

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

FM Jets

Postby hockeystar11 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:47 pm

anyone know of anyone from north dakota trying out for the jets?
hockeystar11

Re: FM Jets

Postby blob » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:33 pm

Swanson I assume will be playing one more year. This is what a guy told me who goes to school at RR Meland is in the USHL right now (Lincoln).

Simonson is in the USHL right now (Chicago).

LaDeucer is playing for the FMJets right now but will be either with Lincoln of the USHL next year (they could have had him this year, but they didn't want to mess with their defensive pairing chemistry for the playoffs), or with the FMJets again.

Schaefer will be with the FMJets next year.

Galbreath will be with the FMJets next year.

I almost guarantee PArns will be in the USHL next year.
blob
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gfhockey » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:07 pm

Dont u mean the fargo force? arent they changing from nahl to ushl?
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Favre#1 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:03 pm

The Force and the jets are two different teams
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockeystar11 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:23 pm

ic..so whose gonna be playin for the force?
hockeystar11

Postby Favre#1 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:23 pm

People have been darafted already..I believe about 10-12...and i think there gunna have open tryouts some time this summer
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby gfhockey » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:54 am

I no they are two different teams but i heard there wont be any jets after this year. or atleast i would hope not.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:57 pm

I overheard a couple of the Jets talking about the team moving next year. (Things you hears while waiting for a haircut)
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby I_Like_Hockey » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:43 pm

Well looks like the FM Jets are done in the Fargo Area.....

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=196961

F-M Jets inform Park District they are pulling out of town
Heath Hotzler, The Forum
Published Friday, April 04, 2008

Fargo Park District Director of Finance and Human Resources Jim Larson said Friday his office was notified this week that the Fargo-Moorhead Jets Junior A hockey franchise is pulling out of town.

Larson said the Jets will stop payments on their lease as soon as they clear their equipment out of their office at John E. Carlson Coliseum in the next couple of weeks.

The Jets' three-year lease was to end on July 14, Larson said.

"They let one of our board members know that they would be done (Friday) and that they would be moving out," Larson said. "They have not given us any indication of what their future plans are, but we have been told that they will not be in Fargo."
I_Like_Hockey

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:16 pm

I overheard one of the Jets players commenting that he thought they might move to Thief River Falls, but he didn't know for sure.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby footballguy09 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:20 pm

How in the world is Alex Simonson playing in the USHL?
footballguy09

Postby Sportshound » Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:29 pm

ANy new info here? on the FM Jets--well no longer FM.
Has anyone heard if they will be in the area? Thief River Falls mentioned above?

Where else? not in GF--do you think?

Who will be the Bobcats Arch rival?

Boy that stinks for Hockey, it was nice to have rivals so close and two teams that had local talent inter-mixed.

How about the Fargo USHL team? The Force.... have they any local talent picked up for their team yet?
I am sure I will have to make a trek to Fargo to see a game, maybe the first game and we'll see how many more.
Should be fun
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gfhockey » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:53 pm

Well i think just like all the investors think when they turned the arena over to the Fargo park board that the force isnt going to fair. Sure the first two season they will be a hot item in fargo but after the excitement dies down and dean blaise leaves, i think another fargo team will end up leaving and city of fargo is left with an expensive ice rink with no funds for it. And for local talent, i havent heard of anyone.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Return to Hockey