Team North Dakota

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Team North Dakota

Postby hcky1616 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:21 am

hook wrote:how did devils lake get 4 guys on the team?

Did you see the tryout ? ALL the DL kids did very well, in fact one that didn't make it ( Hanson) had a hat trick the first night and a pair of goals in both Sat. & Sun. session. They got there the old fashion way. "THEY EARNED IT !
hcky1616

Postby Sportshound » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:15 pm

Ok so who of you were actually there to watch try-outs?

hckywst says he was and had some input.
demon_16 says he saw them too.

Well if you look at that list-- minus the other possible standout Sr's that were out there to be possible kids that tried out or those that could have tried out.The ones that I saw during the regular season(that are on this team-did very well on their teams), didn't see them all(that are listed) but saw a bunch and looked at Hs Stats.

This is a team that could do well.
Def. looks good. Labare, Galbreath, Heit, Rehak, peterson, Reardon

Forwards-- heck
Schaefer- GFRR what 2nd leading scorer in the State-- Hmm he is good.
Groth- F.South-- he lead his team and was All-State
Seeberg--BHS-- Good as they get from out here in the west.
Then add in: Norman-BHS, Geiss-BHS, Vigen-GFRR
Just those 6 F's are good.
I think that some of you posting are just a little jilted-- did you try out? did you not make the team?

As far as goalies go. I have been one to attest to Kline being as good as any in the state.
Arnason is Good too(can't argue his team won a State Title 07', 2nd place 08')
Skogen-- came on for his team at Minot. He was good

So let's get by this and support the team and the kids. It is all good for the state to be positive.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndhockey#1 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:19 am

Kline was easily top 2 if not top at tryouts he had a solid performence everytime he was on the ice that weekend.
ndhockey#1

Postby brownbomber » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:07 am

i agree kline played very well and he did nothing to hurt his chances.
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportshound » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:10 am

Ok so we know Brownbomber saw the try-outs. We know his view.

It all comes down to who they have on the team NOW.
The roster (as stated before by me) looks solid.
We know Meland, Ladoucer are playing Jr's, so they could not be part of the team.

But the roster on NDAHA.org looks good.

Does anyone know if they are playing exhibition games before they travel to Chicago? And where they will be doing that?
I know they practice in Minot coming up and they did that in GF last weekend.(from the schedule on the web)
I would imagine they will play a scrimmage or game or something before they go, right?
I also notice that Bina(good coach as I have said all along--had to throw that out there, for all the Nay-sayers), is the Head Coach, with Hanneman from Dickinson, along with Hoff of Botno. That is a a good grp of coaches in my book.

Ok, so anyone out there have more info on this team and where I might get to see them before they head to the Showcase?
I love hockey and I especially love ND hockey. Support them all the way. It is good for ND kids and for the State's hcokey community for all of us to embrace and support these young men.

I have a friend whose son is from SD and his kid is going to be on the SD team at the showcase.
Not sure how long SD has been sending a team, but I would have to think it is just in the past couple, any word on that. his dad didn't know either.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby demon_fan14 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:21 pm

ndhockey#1 wrote:Kline was easily top 2 if not top at tryouts he had a solid performence everytime he was on the ice that weekend.

ya. If im not mistaken he had the most saves out of all the tenders.
demon_fan14

Postby sportsguruguy » Wed Apr 02, 2008 5:05 pm

Since when is there a tryout for teamm north dakota. I havent followed hockey in the state for some years, but when i graduated from highschool in 1994 a person was selected for the team and no tryouts.We went down to chicago and competed very well with the power houses around the country.

Good luck to the team. Hope you players represent the state with pride and KICK SOME BUTT.
sportsguruguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby InTheKnow » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:05 pm

demon_fan14 wrote:
ndplaya1 wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:
hckywst wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:Skogen over Kline?........thats a joke.

must have to do with skogen going to play college hockey in bottineau... i agree that kline should have easily made the team. I watched the tryouts and he didnt allow a goal to two scrimmages. They had to select arnason or the east would have went crazy. As far as the team goes i hope they do good but it doesnt look like its going to be that way.

No doubt...whatever tho...team n.d.'s loss

demon fan, do u know kline personally or what, i didnt think bismarck and mandan got along

haha no i dont know him.......i just know hes a way better goalie than skogen

After hearing how things went in the scrimage today at Concordia I think the decision on goalies should have been between Kline and Arnason for the final goalie spot. Skogen allowed one goal and Arnason allowed 7 today. Sounds like Skogen truely was a victim of weak team. All I know is that the game I saw in Grafton against Minot that Kid was unbelievable and made point blank save after point blank save. I had never seen a performance by a high school kid like that with the exception of Walski in the title game a few years back. He had Grafton beat single handedly had it not been for poor puck control by the defense.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby demon_fan14 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:26 am

InTheKnow wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:
ndplaya1 wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:
hckywst wrote:

must have to do with skogen going to play college hockey in bottineau... i agree that kline should have easily made the team. I watched the tryouts and he didnt allow a goal to two scrimmages. They had to select arnason or the east would have went crazy. As far as the team goes i hope they do good but it doesnt look like its going to be that way.

demon fan, do u know kline personally or what, i didnt think bismarck and mandan got along

After hearing how things went in the scrimage today at Concordia I think the decision on goalies should have been between Kline and Arnason for the final goalie spot. Skogen allowed one goal and Arnason allowed 7 today. Sounds like Skogen truely was a victim of weak team. All I know is that the game I saw in Grafton against Minot that Kid was unbelievable and made point blank save after point blank save. I had never seen a performance by a high school kid like that with the exception of Walski in the title game a few years back. He had Grafton beat single handedly had it not been for poor puck control by the defense.

what about klines 49 shots 47 saves game against Grafton first round state tournament? 2 goals were off a deflection and a rebound.........also he probably had the best save ive ever seen
demon_fan14

Postby ndhockey#1 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:10 pm

Along with klines game vs grafton. there is Osters game vs Bis high last season(72 outa 73 shots) he also had 50 out of 52 vs century this season, Kovacs has also had some highs save games to keep his team in. so you can not just use skogens grafton game. I also wouldnt call minot weak may not be as strong as past years but i do not think they were weak team. Im not saying skogen is not good because he is one of the best. but you cant say he was a victom of a weak team. Im just sayin i saw tryouts and kline shoulda had one of the two spots. Then it woulda been a toss up between arnason and skogen.
ndhockey#1

Postby InTheKnow » Tue Apr 08, 2008 12:25 am

demon_fan14 wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:
ndplaya1 wrote:
demon_fan14 wrote:
hckywst wrote:

what about klines 49 shots 47 saves game against Grafton first round state tournament? 2 goals were off a deflection and a rebound.........also he probably had the best save ive ever seen

Yeah I know. I saw it. It was not as good an overall performance as Grafton was playing from behind the entire third period and pulled the goalie for the last minute and a half. Skogen made 51 saves on 55 shots. 2 deflections, a third rebound, and a power play one timer in the slot. Minot was outshot 55-8. He made a diving save that was equally as imposible as Klines. Of the 8 shots at least 3 were just clearing shots that happend to be on goal. It was by far the best goalie performace I have seen against a grafton team in a while.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Hockey