Top Forward in the State Next Year

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Top Forward in the State Next Year

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:40 pm

Bryce Anderson was also ahead of him.
Stats aren't everything. I don't see an all-star coming out of Central, but they're pretty well rounded.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockey123 » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:56 pm

anderson dosent count now he transferd
hockey123
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sioux4ever » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:58 pm

hockey123 wrote:anderson dosent count now he transferd

He wouldn't count as a top forward in the state anyway, as just like Danny Ray, he plays Defense.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:58 pm

I was simply going by points on the team, not by position. Sorry, forgot its relevancy to the thread.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:57 am

HockeyHigh wrote:I was simply going by points on the team, not by position. Sorry, forgot its relevancy to the thread.

I know exactly what you are going by. And you are correct. I wasn't quoting on your remark. I was quoting that Anderson transferring was irrelevent as he is not a forward. IMO, the top forwards at GFC this season would have to be Tanner Spicer and Casey Purpur. They will be a balanced team though I think. Plutowski may also be a key contributor.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockeyguy » Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:14 pm

yea i agree Spicer and Purpur are pretty good players and i think Plutowski will be a factor as well who do you think will have the best forwards out of grafton, cenral and south?
hockeyguy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockey123 » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:51 am

from what i saw lasty ear spicer purpur and plutowski playded very well together and i believe if they are stuck on a line they will produce much more than any line in the state
hockey123
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:14 am

I'd have to agree with the 'Welcome to the High School Hockey forums GFC' mentioned in a different thread. Haha.

hockey123 wrote:from what i saw lasty ear spicer purpur and plutowski playded very well together and i believe if they are stuck on a line they will produce much more than any line in the state

Believing is one thing. But really, if you're saying that a line that combined for less points than two different players on Red River did last year (Meland and Schaefer had more than 73 points each), will dominate the state offensively, you're being pretty rash. I figure that South will have an offensive line (their Junior line that started at state last year, Mauch, Briggs, Huguelet), North will return 4 of their top forwards, Red River has Crary, Bancroft, Ladoucer, and Howe returning. Then you factor in that Central has Purpur, Plutowski, and Spicer returning, it looks to me like the state is relatively even on offensive talent. This is why my predictions were ordered as they were in the EDC forum.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockeyguy » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:33 pm

ya ik wat you mean but but i agree wiht hockey123......central has way more depth at forward than any other team they only lost 3 or 4 players and none of them contributed a whole lot last year, central was a very young team(Gust, Sayler, Hatt, Purpur, Moody,) and they had the older spicer and plutowski and they have solid d to that were young
hockeyguy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:39 pm

hockeyguy wrote:ya ik wat you mean but but i agree wiht hockey123......central has way more depth at forward than any other team they only lost 3 or 4 players and none of them contributed a whole lot last year, central was a very young team(Gust, Sayler, Hatt, Purpur, Moody,) and they had the older spicer and plutowski and they have solid d to that were young

Just playing the contrary here...
Central did lose 3 of their better point-getters from last year, including their #1 (Bryce Anderson to RR), Joel Riopelle (Senior), and Matt Klockman (Senior). This leaves them with about 3 players with significant points from last year. Grafton has 4 returning with far more points than those three, South returns with only a few forwards with points, and RR also returns with about 4 point-getters.
If you look at it statistically, even without Demers, GPR is going to have the much superior offensive power compared to other teams. I'd figure South would probably have more points on their forward lines, but it seems like their Senior forwards likely got more ice time as several Juniors of last year had 2-3 less games than the Seniors, and they all had similar points. Red River was also doing this, where only Crary was getting significant ice time. Both GPR and GFC had those underclassmen starting and getting full ice time.

As I said in my previous post, stats just seem to even themselves out in my mind, offensively. It'll be much more clear when the games get going in November/December.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockey123 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:50 pm

i belive that moehagen and gaustad both got their points mostly because of demers. with out him i dont think they will be able to produce as well. same with crary he had the top player in the state on his line i believe thats why he got all his points. thats just my opinion
hockey123
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockeyguy » Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:22 pm

I agree with you 100% but there all good players that will still produce for their team just not as much without demers for grafton and meland and schafer for red river
hockeyguy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:53 pm

I think it's pretty common knowledge that the better the line you play with the better your points will become. That's why I said that it'll be much easier to determine who will really be the offensive team when the season begins in late November. This includes possible Mr. Hockey candidates.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockey123 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:29 pm

so for forwards now not defensemen who are the top canidates for mr hockey this season?
my opinion
rr-crary
grafton-moehagen gaustad
gfc-spicer plutowski
south-burdick narvason
thats just people from the east that are known in my opinion
hockey123
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:32 pm

hockey123 wrote:so for forwards now not defensemen who are the top canidates for mr hockey this
south-burdick narvason

Both of those players are defense.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockey123 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:38 pm

thats my fault i for get about what pos.they play some times so excuse them and what forwards then
hockey123
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:51 pm

If a name isn't listed, it doesn't mean they aren't capable of getting the honors, I know there are plenty of players that have a chance of getting Mr. Hockey this year, and it's up them to show it.
From the teams you listed (Seniors and Forwards only):

Red River - Russel Crary
Grafton - Alex Gaustad
Central - Tanner Spicer
South - David Mauch
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockeyguy » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:26 pm

ya those are all good picks but i have never heard of that guy from south?
hockeyguy
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:30 pm

Click
Most points and least penalty minutes for a returning forward. If I remember, he was one of their more prominent players at State after Alex Hooey and Tyler Groth last year.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby hockey123 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:54 pm

i believe that their are many players that have the ability to win the award forwards+(defenseman) but the forwards that we are talking about all have very high chances
hockey123
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cornerback*22* » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:54 pm

riopelle from mandan is really good
cornerback*22*

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:39 pm

cornerback*22* wrote:riopelle from mandan is really good

Your statement counteracts your location.
It's kind of sad that the West and the East rarely meet outside of the State tournament. I think it'd help even out the playing field in the state, and would allow the state to get a feel during the season. They should develop some sort of tournament that is near the start of the season that takes place in either Bismark/Fargo/GF intermittently during the year that adds additional games to the season. That way there would be more games for the players, and more observations of the East vs West each year. It's rare that I get to see West teams playing, since I'm in the east, and it's thus hard to name some top players from the west compared to the east. However, I don't know if there is some regular season game limit that permits additional games, which would nullify it. It's just like the East teams going to Minnesota to play the top teams there, which I think helps out the East teams quite a bit.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Orr4 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:11 pm

I agree..it would help the west out greatly if they played more east teams. but teams like wahpeton and williston who are on other ends of the state aren't going to travel all the way across the state to play eachother. they would have to meet at a neutral location (Bismarck, Minot).
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:48 pm

That's what I was trying to imply. There should be a cross-state tournament that allows all the teams in the state to meet for several games against cross-region teams so that they can play more teams from around the state at a certain town. This way they can play several games in a weekend, which allows for less travel for more games, more tournament practice for region tournaments and state, and also improves the state rivalry as a whole.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Orr4 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:34 pm

i agree 100% with you hockeyhigh
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

PreviousNext

Return to Hockey