Kline best in state

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Kline best in state

Postby hckywst » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:14 pm

I didnt see anything impressive out of arnason he makes the first save then he cant move fast enough. Fargo souths goalie impressed me the most out of all the east goaltenders. Overall i think there are 2 or 3 goalies from the west that could take the starting role from any east goalie. Kline, Kovacs, and maybe Skogen.
hckywst
NDPreps Starter

Re: Kline best in state

Postby Spoiler92 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:47 pm

Monsebraten?
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing!
Spoiler92
NDPreps Starter

Postby Favre#1 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:40 pm

Monsebraten *edited by moderator...the kid is always out of positon and scrambling...he gets so lucky...i find it funny that you put his name on here
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby InTheKnow » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:48 pm

hckywst wrote:I didnt see anything impressive out of arnason he makes the first save then he cant move fast enough. Fargo souths goalie impressed me the most out of all the east goaltenders. Overall i think there are 2 or 3 goalies from the west that could take the starting role from any east goalie. Kline, Kovacs, and maybe Skogen.

I think Skogen proved in the WDAs that the "maybe" part doesnt belong by his name. Rember he had Grafton beat despite a 55-9 shot barage and two deflection goals in the final minute of the game, one with an extra attacker. Kovacs and Kline had clearly more tallented teams to help them out.

You are right on Arnason though. SLOW!
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby InTheKnow » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:52 pm

Favre#1 wrote:Monsebraten *edited by moderator*...the kid is always out of positon and scrambling...he gets so lucky...i find it funny that you put his name on here

Saying he *edited by moderator* is a little harsh, but he did get lucky over and over and over in the title game. Was out of position alot. Got lazy when the puck was in the corner and his hand eye coordination with his both gloves were definately something to be desired. He was very fortunate his defense was on top of it all night to get rid of second chance opportunities as he created alot of potential opportunities with just poor technique. Was on his heels alot and even just fell over backwards once on a routine shot.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:41 am

Keep the personal attacks to yourselves, or you're just going to get these threads locked, even though this thread title is just asking for a lock...
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndplaya1 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:10 am

i could agree with you, kline has the size and seems to move well in the net. i was impressed with that sick save in the grafton game. overall i think he is pretty solid.
ndplaya1

Postby redriveralltheway » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:12 pm

Bucholz and Monsenbraten are definitely the best underclassmen in the state. Bucholz is always calm and in position. Taking the starting position as a sophmore is impressive. His states are #1 in the state. He makes it look easy. Monsebroten has dominant gloves, nobody scores high on that kid. However, he needs to work on rebounds and puck control. Sometimes he gets out of position but so does dominik hasek. These goalies are #1 and #2 in stats. The last goal in the ship put monsebroten above arnason in gaa and sv.%
redriveralltheway

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:05 pm

Just an additive, I was looking at the aforementioned goalies' stats, and I found this

Date Opponent W/L Goalie Svs
Record

02/22/08 at Grand Forks Red River L: 1 - 3 Scott Buchholz -3
[14 - 11 - 1]

-3 saves in a game, I have a feeling that's wrong? Prolly messes up the stats a good bit, hah. If anyone knows the guy that runs the site, you might wanna tell him. :mrgreen:
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby hckywst » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:26 pm

Buchholz still looked very good at state though, as a sophmore. Some one already mentioned how calm he is, and i agree he is more calm then alot of the senior goalies. He looks like he could be one of the best as a senior.
hckywst
NDPreps Starter

Postby flyguy » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:13 pm

kline is the best in the state.His save vs grafton NASTY. stopping 47 of 49 shots vs grafton NASTY!he also doesnt have the greatest defense ever assembled in front of him...they got some holes but does his part night in night out
flyguy

Postby ND Z Scout » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:51 pm

I wouldn't say Kline is the best goalie in the state. And he CERTAINLY doesn't do his job night in and night out. Remember, Kline gave up 12 goals in 2 games vs. Bismarck and in the game after his "outstanding performance against Grafton" he gave up 5 on just 34 shots. Although I will admit he definetly was on in the game against Grafton, he just isn't the type of goalie to be called the best in the state. Good, yes, the best, no.
ND Z Scout
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hckywst » Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:31 pm

ND Z Scout wrote:I wouldn't say Kline is the best goalie in the state. And he CERTAINLY doesn't do his job night in and night out. Remember, Kline gave up 12 goals in 2 games vs. Bismarck and in the game after his "outstanding performance against Grafton" he gave up 5 on just 34 shots. Although I will admit he definetly was on in the game against Grafton, he just isn't the type of goalie to be called the best in the state. Good, yes, the best, no.

Your saying he isnt the best in the state then who is? Put a name out there and see what the others think about it.
hckywst
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:40 am

hckywst wrote:
ND Z Scout wrote:I wouldn't say Kline is the best goalie in the state. And he CERTAINLY doesn't do his job night in and night out. Remember, Kline gave up 12 goals in 2 games vs. Bismarck and in the game after his "outstanding performance against Grafton" he gave up 5 on just 34 shots. Although I will admit he definetly was on in the game against Grafton, he just isn't the type of goalie to be called the best in the state. Good, yes, the best, no.

Your saying he isnt the best in the state then who is? Put a name out there and see what the others think about it.

It dosnt matter who he says, everyone will jump all over him for it. GPR goalie is ok but am i the only one to notice how LAZY he is, in 2 ot that rr kid basically dumped it in and it hit the stck side post he hardly moved for it, but he is pretty good. I dont care what anyone says it has to Arneson look at what he has done in hockey outside of HS all that minn elite stuff and whatnot
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby InTheKnow » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:23 am

Saucesauer wrote:
hckywst wrote:

It dosnt matter who he says, everyone will jump all over him for it. GPR goalie is ok but am i the only one to notice how LAZY he is, in 2 ot that rr kid basically dumped it in and it hit the stck side post he hardly moved for it, but he is pretty good. I dont care what anyone says it has to Arneson look at what he has done in hockey outside of HS all that minn elite stuff and whatnot

To preface the rest of what I write here I think both are tallented goalies. Now with that said I agree with your points. There were several times in the game where he looked unfocused and a play would suprise him and catch him out of position. Especially when the puck was in the corner or behind the net. The close angle shot a classic example. I sat along the goal line on that end and there were numerous instances were he appeared suprised something was happening and then controlled the puck poorly and had to scramble and get ALOT of help from his defense which played extremely well. Now with that said he clearly has some ability but if he took a greater attention to detail and became more sound mechanically he could be CONSIDERABLY better. He is fortunate to have a strong team around him to help him out and with that may be why he takes so many things that go on around him for granted. If he figures those things out he could definately be a special goalie next year and make GPR basically unstopable.

Arneson, again tallented, but he cant catch the puck. How many times did he end up droping an easy catch with his glove that left the puck right out in front that he had to scramble for and cover up. That is going to hurt at the next level with more tallented skaters.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby redriveralltheway » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:34 am

With that said who, if any nd goaltenders can make elite I's. Obviously Mike Lee from Roseau will be one. Last year it was Arnason and Christianson from egf.
redriveralltheway

Postby goodstuff » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:02 pm

Kline gave up 5 agaisnt north
no hes not good

User warned - several bash posts
goodstuff

Postby demon_fan14 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:15 am

goodstuff wrote:Kline gave up 5 agaisnt north
no hes not good

haha everybody has an off game(Kline did against north) but did you happen to see his game against grafton the day before? I garantee if he had another game against north it would be a different story.
demon_fan14

Postby ndplaya1 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:57 am

demon_fan14 wrote:
goodstuff wrote:Kline gave up 5 agaisnt north
no hes not good

haha everybody has an off game(Kline did against north) but did you happen to see his game against grafton the day before? I garantee if he had another game against north it would be a different story.

ya i agree with demon fan, plus who knows maybe he just went out there and had fun, maybe he thought it could be his last game so he was taking in the experience but im not saying he didnt care but sometimes things come into play. idn i still think he is a great goalie and has a future in hockey.
ndplaya1

Postby canadaspride15 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:05 pm

Kline may be the best but the next best goalie in the west will be Wendel kid. Hoff should have put him in more often then that kornven kid Aaron probably has some of the best skills i have seen in my life good position has some of the best qualities to offer a team. He is a leader and isn't afraid of any situation there is he should be the starter or the go 2 guy. Wendel will be the next best goalie in the west if Hoff lets him play which he should.
canadaspride15

Postby demon_fan14 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:23 am

canadaspride15 wrote:Kline may be the best but the next best goalie in the west will be Wendel kid. Hoff should have put him in more often then that kornven kid Aaron probably has some of the best skills i have seen in my life good position has some of the best qualities to offer a team. He is a leader and isn't afraid of any situation there is he should be the starter or the go 2 guy. Wendel will be the next best goalie in the west if Hoff lets him play which he should.

not being racist at all........but just for identification......is that the black kid?
demon_fan14

Postby canadaspride15 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:55 pm

not being racist at all........but just for identification......is that the black kid?[/quote]

Yes, he is. And he should be the starter or atleast the go to guy. He alot of us from canada think he could lead a team to the championship next year. Thats only if the give him playing time. Bottineau is maiking a big mistake not starting him.
canadaspride15

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:56 pm

canadaspride15 wrote:not being racist at all........but just for identification......is that the black kid?

Yes, he is. And he should be the starter or atleast the go to guy. He alot of us from canada think he could lead a team to the championship next year. Thats only if the give him playing time. Bottineau is maiking a big mistake not starting him.[/quote]
HAHASHAHAHAHAHA and what terriable canadian team do you play for antler river??? if by championship game you mean winning the WDA play in game than he may be your go to guy!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby canadaspride15 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:07 pm

NO, I mean the championship game. But the only way that would happen if bottineau kould get aove 8th place and i am from brandon. Aaron could carry the braves along way though. atleast so the make it to a Qualifier to state if the would have put him in in the demons game at region it still would have been 3-1 probably. And the century game, Aaron could have stopped all those goals easily.
canadaspride15

Postby demon_fan14 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:15 pm

canadaspride15 wrote:NO, I mean the championship game. But the only way that would happen if bottineau kould get aove 8th place and i am from brandon. Aaron could carry the braves along way though. atleast so the make it to a Qualifier to state if the would have put him in in the demons game at region it still would have been 3-1 probably. And the century game, Aaron could have stopped all those goals easily.

Im sorry dude Ive seen that kid play and he is horrible......Getzlaff is 10X better
demon_fan14

Next

Return to Hockey