Region Tournaments

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region Tournaments

Postby gfhockey » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:04 pm

Please post updates, recaps of games, analasys, and predicitons here so we dont have 8 different threads for all the games

heres the west pairings

#1-Bismarck High
v.s.
#8-Bottineau

#4-Minot High
v.s.
#5-Bismarck Century

#2-Mandan
v.s.
#7-Dickinson

#3-Williston
v.s.
#6-Jamestown

And the East Pairings

#1-G.F. Red River
v.s. 12:00 noon Purpur Arena
#8 / #9-Fargo Shanley or Wahpeton/Breckenridge

#4-Fargo South
v.s. 2:30 p.m. Purpur Arena
#5-Devils Lake

#2-Grafton/Park River
v.s. 6:00 p.m. Purpur Arena
#7-West Fargo

#3-G.F. Central
v.s. 8:30 p.m. Purpur Arena
#6-Fargo North
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Re: Region Tournaments

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:21 am

Winners
BHS
CHS
MDN
JTN
RR
DL
GPR
GFC
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sportshound » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:53 pm

Sauce Picks are good.
West looks good- BHS, MAndan CHS, Jamestown is a shot in the dark(but???maybe)
East looks OK- GFRR, GPR, GFC, but DL? They have to play F. South first game.

That is also a dark horse pick. DL vs South. And Jamestwon has to beat Mandan or Minot to advance? Not likely in my thinking. But could happen.
Everyone picks some upsets just to have some fun.

Why not Pick the Ultimate-- Botno over BHS and then have BHS qualify in the play in to State game?
Or Shanley over GFRR and GFRR has to win on the backside to get in--beating GPR to get to State? (*that is funny)
just kidding you are entitled to your opinion.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:20 pm

Sportshound wrote:Sauce Picks are good.
That is also a dark horse pick. DL vs South. And Jamestwon has to beat Mandan or Minot to advance? Not likely in my thinking. But could happen.
Why not Pick the Ultimate-- Botno over BHS and then have BHS qualify in the play in to State game?
Or Shanley over GFRR and GFRR has to win on the backside to get in--beating GPR to get to State? (*that is funny)

It was a couple years ago, but Shanley did beat GFRR in the 1st game at EDC (I believe) and Red River had to get in the back route. Maybe 3, 4 years ago.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gfhockey » Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:12 pm

I thiknk FN might give GFC a run for there money. thats my upset special in the east and in the west id say Jamestown wins in a tight one with williston.

My four qualifiers
east- GFRR GPR GFC (barely) and either FS or DL. who ever wins that game in teh first round i thinkw ill be in

west- BIsmarck, mandan jamestown, and Minot
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:25 pm

No no that wasnt my pickks for state those were my picks for first round winners, i had to throw in a upset in both regions hence jtn and dl
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:55 pm

gfhockey wrote:My Predictions:
#1-Bismarck High
v.s.
#8-Bottineau

#4-Minot High
v.s.
#5-Bismarck Century

#2-Mandan
v.s.
#7-Dickinson

#3-Williston
v.s.
#6-Jamestown

And the East Pairings

#1-G.F. Red River
v.s. 12:00 noon Purpur Arena
#8 / #9-Fargo Shanley

#4-Fargo South
v.s. 2:30 p.m. Purpur Arena
#5-Devils Lake

#2-Grafton/Park River
v.s. 6:00 p.m. Purpur Arena
#7-West Fargo

#3-G.F. Central
v.s. 8:30 p.m. Purpur Arena
#6-Fargo North

First rounds are usually pretty easy to pick. Only had one non-seeded call.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Clark17 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:52 am

I wouldn't go as far as picking Bottineau over BHS, but I do know that I would not overlook Bottineau in that loser out game the next day. They may give CHS or Minot all they want to handle the next day. They could just as easily get their hats handed to them also. I think BHS, Jamestown, CHS, and Minot in the WDA. I believe the EDC will be RR, GPR, South, and DL.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sioux4ever » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:23 pm

EDC Tournament
#1-G.F. Red River vs. #8-Fargo Shanley
#4-Fargo South vs. #5-Devils Lake
#2-Grafton/Park River vs. #7-West Fargo
#3-G.F. Central vs. #6-Fargo North it's a shocker, but GFC has not beaten them yet this year.

Friday
Fargo Shanley vs. Devils Lake, Shanley season over
West Fargo vs. GF Central I'd like to see West Fargo pull this one off, but unlikely, season over
GF Red River vs. Fargo South RR is in state.
Grafton-Park River vs. Fargo North Grafton is in state.

Saturday (I think I have the cross-bracket right, correct me if I am wrong.)

Devils Lake vs. Fargo North North has played both Central and Devils Lake tough this year, they get in as my upset pick of the decade to get to state. Devils Lake season over.
Fargo South vs. GF Central South gets back at Central for 2 overtime losses this season. South on to state, Central done.
GFRed River vs. G-Park River G-PR wins the EDC tournament title.
Red River gets the #2 seed in the state tournament and puts it on cruise control into the state finals. G-PR gets the #1 seed, wins thursday, plays a South Squad in the state Semis dying to get back at G-PR, in a game south wins 2-1 in OT and heads to the State Finals.
I know, I've got some upsets in there, but hey the Giants won the Super Bowl, who saw that coming? It's a longshot, especially with North making state, but I think they got a really good draw with Central getting 3rd and not South. They are 2-1-1 against Central and Devils Lake this season.
As for my state final placing.
1st-Red River
2nd-South
3rd-Grafton
4th-Bismarck

If I get this one right, I better start playing the powerball..... Who likes my picks?
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ih8gophers » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:56 pm

bismarck high beats bottineau 8-1 and minot high gets century in ot 3-2
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sioux4ever » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:04 pm

Shows what I know. Devils Lake 2, Fargo South 1.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Dryden29 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:41 pm

Dickinson 1, Mandan 0 after one period out west
Dryden29

Postby Dryden29 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:12 pm

Dickinson 3, Mandan 2 after 2 periods
Dryden29

Postby Dryden29 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:57 pm

Dickinson 3, Mandan 2. final
Dryden29

Postby ih8gophers » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:25 pm

i see mandan out of the tourney in 2 games. williston or jamestown is going to be real tuff for them.
ih8gophers
NDPreps Starter

Postby 121212 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:45 pm

If your going to have South beat GPR in the semis then there is no way they will get 3rd they will lose to Bismarck and get 4th like they have the last 3 years
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Dryden29 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:45 pm

Williston 4, Jamestown 3 Final
Dryden29

Postby Favre#1 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:05 pm

Red River 7 Shanley 1...actually not a bad game

Grafton 5 West Fargo 0
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Unity77 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:09 pm

121212 wrote:If your going to have South beat GPR in the semis then there is no way they will get 3rd they will lose to Bismarck and get 4th like they have the last 3 years

Cause they don't care. Everyone knows who the better team is anyway. Honestly, what difference does it make if you don't win it all?

BTW, didn't GPR (with their back up goalie) already beat Bismarck?
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 121212 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:56 pm

yeah by one..
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gfhockey » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:08 am

looks like i got all my picks right so far. i love that dl beat FS that is nice lol... sory one to many captain cokes tonite
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sioux4ever » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:30 am

So i have to adjust my picks after going 2-2 on Thursday. I am not sure which game was more of a surprise, the Fargo South-Devils Lake game, or the Central-North. Obviously Central should have been picked to beat North, but they hadn't done that all year.

Fridays picks (hopefully I do better this time)
Fargo Shanley vs. Fargo South South gets this one done early and gets some momentum into Saturday to qualify for state.
West Fargo vs. Fargo North- I think this one is a toss-up, they split this year, and by picking West Fargo I pretty much guaranteed North will win this game. But I am still going with the Packers.
G.F.Red River vs. Devils Lake I like Devils Lake, but do not think they have enough to pull this one out. Red River too deep up front, the newspaper said something about the flu-bug going around the team, but they will win.
Grafton-Park River vs. G.F. Central- Does Central get revenge from last week's 9-2 loss? I don't think so, I go with G-PR by at least 3 goals.
Saturday Games
Fargo South vs. G.F.Central (State Qualifier) I have to think this is South's game. DL hadn't beaten South all year and won, Central hadn't beaten North all year and won, I'm going with that pattern here.
West Fargo vs. Devils Lake (State Qualifier) Going against the pattern here, Devils Lake wins again vs. W.F. and qualifies for state.
G.F.Red RIver vs. Grafton-PR-I have no idea.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:37 am

Sioux4ever wrote:So i have to adjust my picks after going 2-2 on Thursday. I am not sure which game was more of a surprise, the Fargo South-Devils Lake game, or the Central-North. Obviously Central should have been picked to beat North, but they hadn't done that all year.

Fridays picks (hopefully I do better this time)
Fargo Shanley vs. Fargo South South gets this one done early and gets some momentum into Saturday to qualify for state.
West Fargo vs. Fargo North- I think this one is a toss-up, they split this year, and by picking West Fargo I pretty much guaranteed North will win this game. But I am still going with the Packers.
G.F.Red River vs. Devils Lake I like Devils Lake, but do not think they have enough to pull this one out. Red River too deep up front, the newspaper said something about the flu-bug going around the team, but they will win.
Grafton-Park River vs. G.F. Central- Does Central get revenge from last week's 9-2 loss? I don't think so, I go with G-PR by at least 3 goals.
Saturday Games
Fargo South vs. G.F.Central (State Qualifier) I have to think this is South's game. DL hadn't beaten South all year and won, Central hadn't beaten North all year and won, I'm going with that pattern here.
West Fargo vs. Devils Lake (State Qualifier) Going against the pattern here, Devils Lake wins again vs. W.F. and qualifies for state.
G.F.Red RIver vs. Grafton-PR-I have no idea.

Friday, February 15
EDC Semi-Final Picks:
Fargo South vs. Fargo Shanley - Momentum for South to qualify for state and make a run
West Fargo vs. Fargo North - West Fargo seems to be playing better
G.F.Red River vs. Devils Lake - RR is just far better than DL, but I thought South was too, so idk
Grafton-Park River vs. G.F. Central - GPR walks over GFC
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Unity77 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:31 am

121212 wrote:yeah by one..

It doesn't matter if it's by one or by 10. Bismarck lost the game, which I'm sure was lopsided.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gfhockey » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:17 pm

see if i can go 4 and 0 again

heres who i got

South 8 Shanley 1
FN 5 WF 3
GFRR 3 DL 1 Give RR a scare and meland and Company score 2 in the third to win
GPR 3 GFC2 OT Demers socres the game winner.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Hockey