Opinions please

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Opinions please

Postby gfhockey » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:54 pm

I was watching hockey day in Minnesota over the weekend and i watch most of the high school hockey games they have on tv there. I don't really know how much work or what it takes to make a production like that possible. I was wondering what if we could do that in North Dakota. Not like MN in 1 or 2 games a week but maybe like 2-3 games a month just some of the top games like the RR-GPR games or the RR-GFC games, FS-FN games, and other rivalaries probably mainly in the east because seems liek the East has more interest in hockey. One idea me and some co-workers thought up was having it on the Fighting Sioux Sports Network since it is only used mainly for friday and saturday and nothing else the entire weak. And then no one will miss there favorite shows on kvly or wdaz or cbs. Get a great hockey mind like Tarek Howard ( has done some sioux color i beleive) and get a telecast guy like Dan Hammer in. How great would this be. I no it probably never will happen but hey why cant I dream.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Re: Opinions please

Postby OldSchool » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:05 pm

To much work!!!! You would have to get the equipment to the site, and then you would have to sell enough advertising to cover the expenses. Also don't think Tarek Howard is very good on the color for Sioux games. That is probably why he is the backup to the backup.
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Postby gfhockey » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:08 pm

I was just saying. The FSN screw just has a van. I wonder how much a 2.5 hour telecast cost? anyone know? Well for a color guy who would u suggest then?
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby OldSchool » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:10 pm

Steve Johnson for the color and maybe Hammer or Sweeney for the play by play.
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Postby gfhockey » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:12 pm

doubt sweeney would do it, hes already busy enough with sioux games and the 10 o clock sports cast.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby OldSchool » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:22 pm

Well money talks I am sure he would do it. He loves sports, and if he is getting paid he would obviously do it. Depends on when the games will be also.
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Postby 14>35 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:29 pm

that would be awesome if this could get started. it would be great publicity to north dakota high school hockey
14>35
NDPreps Starter

Postby gfhockey » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:35 pm

if there arent really that much supporters of hockey, i was thinking split it with basketball too go 2 hckey a month and 2 basketball a month. so we both have hockey supporters and b-ball supporters on hand. Showcase talent around ND and some of the gyms and the student bodies.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:40 pm

Yeh like I said Fighting Sioux Sports Network, I think it reaches most of the state on cable. sometimes thought the conference matchups are more exciting then the state matchups. like a gfrr-gpr matchup in conference play woudl get a lot more people wanting to watch that then a gfrr vs a team in the west in the state first roudn or gpr first a west team in the first round. thats why i was seeing maybe if someone could give me a figure on how much it costs to do a telecast for 2 and half hours. i figure 2 camera guys maybe 1m fsn only had one up at LOW and it looked great, 2 broadcasters, someone in van or station doing replays and gettin all the stuff to work right. i bet we would find a volunteer for sure to do color. rent equipment from wdaz or even a better idea i just thought of, let some of the college kids from studio one at UND help with the broadcast. they have really good equipment.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby OldSchool » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:01 am

gfhockey I had never thought about that, but that is a great idea. Studio One!!! You should try and make that happen it would be great experience for there students.
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Postby Olgrz » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:10 pm

gfhockey wrote:I was just saying. The FSN screw just has a van. I wonder how much a 2.5 hour telecast cost? anyone know? Well for a color guy who would u suggest then?

Heard on 710 am from (Marley whats her name), one of the hosts for Hockey Day on FSN Minnesota that they had a crew of 21 working the games in Baudette.
Olgrz
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gfhockey » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:17 pm

really? That kevin gorg was on pa and dubay saying that him lapanta and the camera guy and some other guy were driving back in the van and it rolled over. so idk thats jsut what kevin gorg said. he could be wrong i guess. BUt it wouldnt really take that much people i wouldnt think to do a broadcast. get studio 1 to help out mabye and some professionals and bang we got our selfs some good ole high school games on FSSN, which reachs a lout of house holds.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Olgrz » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:28 pm

Marly talked about that roll-over on the radio and said something about the rest of the crew staying the night in Baudette. Those three decided to drive back in the blizzard and rolled about an hour out of Baudette.

Still think it would be a good though. I watched the MN hockey day off and on all day saturday.
Olgrz
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:15 am

Maybe someone could consult with these guys. They seem to be able to do similar things on a reasonable budget. They are from Steele, ND I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WAYAPGnKmA
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Return to Hockey