Late Season

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Late Season

Postby Orr4 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:17 pm

We are almost done with the season and just wanted to get thoughts about what the seeds will look like for WDA and the EDC.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Late Season

Postby ndplaya1 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:19 pm

I think it will pretty much look the same , for the east nothing will change and for the west bismarck has some close games but they will still not be touched, mandan got their one bad loss out of the way and i think they will either finsh 2 or 3rd cause that loss will probaly light a fire under them, minot has been playing well so they will finish in the middle and for the rest nothing much will change, i think it will be...
WDA Seeds:
1. bhs
2.3.mandan or dickinson
4.5.minot or williston
6.century
7. jamestown
8.bottineau

EDC:
1. RR
2.Grafton
3.D lake
4.Central
5.6. south or north
7.shanley
8.w fargo

Going to state: west: bhs, dickinson, minot, mandan
east: RR, grafton, central, DL
ndplaya1

Postby Favre#1 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:18 pm

DL going to state?!?!....haha thats pretty funny...the only chance they have of going to state is if Groves steps it up big time like he did last year...but that doesn't look so good right now...i don't see them having a shot
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportshound » Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:52 am

Have to pose these questions to the ndplaya1 posting on his rankings and how he is seeing things shake down for the WDA and EDC...

you have these: (** my thoughts in ( ) bold.......)
WDA Seeds:
1. bhs (will take top seed into WDA- could come out #1 also)
2.3.mandan or dickinson (Good picks-- but Mandan has edge--stays that way from WDA tourney too)
4.5.minot or williston(Eaither could make a push for the WDA title-- or fall short- one of these two makes state)
6.century (could come up with surprise--not likely)
7. jamestown(Putting things together has been a problem-- could make a push too- but fall short)
8.bottineau (got a win over Mandan-- but nothing going to push them into WDA title or State-waiting yet another year)

EDC:
1. RR (Bold-- and brash-- yet have the players in position to re-peat last yrs. State title-)
2.Grafton (good but have some spots that are suspect, they could push the button and be #2 from EDC)
3.D lake (this strikes me as a funny one-- after losing to South 8-0, they will not finish #3 EDC)
4.Central (Good record, good coach(had to say that), but lacking the depth and stellar tending to break into the top3- could surprise and finish in top 4 though)
5.6. south or north(Hilarious- thinking north and South are even? well I am sure that South has some proving to do, But in a tie with North--NOT, south should finish in the top 3, like last yr)
7.shanley (Could make some noise- but lacks the experience and the depth to get through EDC)
8.w fargo (defenseive type team, if you don't score goals you can get beat by this team, Lacking depth to make a EDC run)
Those are my thoughts-- Now My 1-6 in each
WDA
1 BHS
2 Mandan
3 williston
4 Dickinson
5 Minot *either of these two(5 or 6) could get a surprise win and make it.
6 Jamestown

EDC
1 GFRR
2 South
3 GPR
4 GFC
5 DL *either DL or Shanley , but not WF could get that surprise win and sneak into State-
6 WF maybe Shanley in 6th spot

just how I see it falling into place. Makes for an interesting State-don't you think?
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Orr4 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:16 pm

Sportshound wrote:Have to pose these questions to the ndplaya1 posting on his rankings and how he is seeing things shake down for the WDA and EDC...

you have these: (** my thoughts in ( ) bold.......)
WDA Seeds:
1. bhs (will take top seed into WDA- could come out #1 also)
2.3.mandan or dickinson (Good picks-- but Mandan has edge--stays that way from WDA tourney too)
4.5.minot or williston(Eaither could make a push for the WDA title-- or fall short- one of these two makes state)
6.century (could come up with surprise--not likely)
7. jamestown(Putting things together has been a problem-- could make a push too- but fall short)
8.bottineau (got a win over Mandan-- but nothing going to push them into WDA title or State-waiting yet another year)

EDC:
1. RR (Bold-- and brash-- yet have the players in position to re-peat last yrs. State title-)
2.Grafton (good but have some spots that are suspect, they could push the button and be #2 from EDC)
3.D lake (this strikes me as a funny one-- after losing to South 8-0, they will not finish #3 EDC)
4.Central (Good record, good coach(had to say that), but lacking the depth and stellar tending to break into the top3- could surprise and finish in top 4 though)
5.6. south or north(Hilarious- thinking north and South are even? well I am sure that South has some proving to do, But in a tie with North--NOT, south should finish in the top 3, like last yr)
7.shanley (Could make some noise- but lacks the experience and the depth to get through EDC)
8.w fargo (defenseive type team, if you don't score goals you can get beat by this team, Lacking depth to make a EDC run)
Those are my thoughts-- Now My 1-6 in each
WDA
1 BHS
2 Mandan
3 williston
4 Dickinson
5 Minot *either of these two(5 or 6) could get a surprise win and make it.
6 Jamestown

EDC
1 GFRR
2 South
3 GPR
4 GFC
5 DL *either DL or Shanley , but not WF could get that surprise win and sneak into State-
6 WF maybe Shanley in 6th spot

just how I see it falling into place. Makes for an interesting State-don't you think?

These are my thoughts but who knows what could happen with a little over two weeks left.....
WDA:
1. BHS
2. Mandan
3. WHS
4. Dickinson or Minot

EDC:
1. GFRR
2. GPR
3. South
4. Central
I don't know how the east is but IMO this year is the craziest year i've seen in the west in awhile. EX: Minot beating Bottineau, Bottineau beating Mandan, Mandan beating Minot.
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Clark17 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:05 am

I think Jamestown and CHS are going to get into state. I think CHS's skating and transition is better than most of the teams in the WDA. I think Jamestown is better than their record indicates and I have a hunch that they'll get two games together. That leaves BHS with a for sure trip, CHS and Jamestown, and the final spot? Who knows. The WDA will be interesting, I do know that. Just for the sake of picking a fourth team, not in any particular order, I am going to go with Minot because they have a lot of tradition on their side and I think they will put two games together also. Like I said however, it will be very interesting plus entertaining.
Clark17
NDPreps Starter

Postby Damus » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:41 pm

Jamestown is better then record indicates? We'll find out tonight in Mandan...

If you're picking Minot because "they have a lot of tradition..." Sorry, they're not going to scare anyone b/c they're "MINOT."

While I agree CHS's skating and transition are better than most teams, i'm surprised that everyone on this board is so quick to place anyone other then BHS in State. (talking West here)

Everyone buys Mandan? Really? A team that DIDN'T MAKE THE WDA last year? And these guys are supposed to know how to put together two wins in a WDA to make it? A team that is flying as high as they are? Sorry...but that's what we call "Ripe for the picking." (Especially when they're not nearly as talented as they think they are...) Are they solid? Absolutely. But a loss to Bottineau just shows that anything can happen with their team...
Damus
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:29 pm

Damus wrote:Jamestown is better then record indicates? We'll find out tonight in Mandan...

If you're picking Minot because "they have a lot of tradition..." Sorry, they're not going to scare anyone b/c they're "MINOT."

While I agree CHS's skating and transition are better than most teams, i'm surprised that everyone on this board is so quick to place anyone other then BHS in State. (talking West here)

Everyone buys Mandan? Really? A team that DIDN'T MAKE THE WDA last year? And these guys are supposed to know how to put together two wins in a WDA to make it? A team that is flying as high as they are? Sorry...but that's what we call "Ripe for the picking." (Especially when they're not nearly as talented as they think they are...) Are they solid? Absolutely. But a loss to Bottineau just shows that anything can happen with their team...

'Good call on jtwn considering they just beat mandan tonight 4-2!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Orr4 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:33 am

Saucesauer wrote:
Damus wrote:Jamestown is better then record indicates? We'll find out tonight in Mandan...

Was it even a close game or what happened?!?!?!
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Feb 02, 2008 12:44 am

Orr4 wrote:
Saucesauer wrote:

Was it even a close game or what happened?!?!?!

Idk i heard the box at work but wasnt really listening.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Hockey