High School Hockey Statistics

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

High School Hockey Statistics

Postby OldSchool » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:48 pm

Has anyone else noticed how nice this website has become? Bob Gillen has done some really nice things with the site, not to mention the time and energy that must go into it.
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Re: High School Hockey Statistics

Postby ndplaya1 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:21 am

ya im real impressed with the site and i know he has a life and not getting stats right away must be tough for all the games, but i would like to see it updated as quickly as possible. There are still some games from awhile ago that are still not up.
ndplaya1

Postby Baller » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:29 am

ndplaya1 wrote:ya im real impressed with the site and i know he has a life and not getting stats right away must be tough for all the games, but i would like to see it updated as quickly as possible. There are still some games from awhile ago that are still not up.

He is having some health problems. He had an announcement up awhile ago apologizing for delays, but if coaches don't fax him the sheets, he cant update and I think that is the case with some of the older games.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Sioux4ever » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm

Baller wrote:He is having some health problems. He had an announcement up awhile ago apologizing for delays, but if coaches don't fax him the sheets, he cant update and I think that is the case with some of the older games.

I think you are right. Some people blame bob for the website not being updated. It is the coaches responsibility to get the game sheets in to Bob so he can update the site.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby OldSchool » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:38 pm

I agree in years past Bob had them updated every morning, but to be perfectly honest I know that there were a lot of nights in years past where Bob was, no joke, sleeping at the office. He had a pillow and sleeping bag upstairs, and he would literally get a couple of hours of sleep, and go to work for the park district all day. The website is his life and he gets paid peanuts for his work, so if things are a little delayed this year due to unforseen circumstances lets bear with him. He does it for one reason, and that is for the players and there families around the country to be able to follow them.
OldSchool
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sioux4ever » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:42 pm

OldSchool wrote:I agree in years past Bob had them updated every morning, but to be perfectly honest I know that there were a lot of nights in years past where Bob was, no joke, sleeping at the office. He had a pillow and sleeping bag upstairs, and he would literally get a couple of hours of sleep, and go to work for the park district all day. The website is his life and he gets paid peanuts for his work, so if things are a little delayed this year due to unforseen circumstances lets bear with him. He does it for one reason, and that is for the players and there families around the country to be able to follow them.

I would believe it. If you looked at the times it was updated, it was often at 2 or 3 am. Fortunately he enjoys doing the site which allows the rest of us to follow the HS game and see how teams/players are doing if we cannot make it to games. Whether it is a day or 2 late should really be of no concern.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Hockey