Week 4 - High School Hockey

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Week 4 - High School Hockey

Postby Favre#1 » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:00 pm

Central beat South in overtime 4-1.....great game to watch
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby redriveralltheway » Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:09 pm

Is grafton doing the same thing Red river did last year with Arnason and Gilbertson. Monstenbroten (sp?) played the big and leauge games. Stark played a non-conference jamoree game and shanley.
redriveralltheway

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:32 am

Updated scores again. That South/Central game was brutal, and South has something to prove now. Looked like South stood still and Central just passed around them all night.
I'm sure Sportshound has quite a bit to say about this game too.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Favre#1 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:37 am

sorry 4-3
Favre#1
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportshound » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:06 am

Hockeyhigh--
Some thought I was High--- Some thought I was full of it

Sounds like Bina has a team??? He is a good coach-- I do believe.... some of you should too.

What I have heard is Bina had his guys flying. ANd got to stay in the game, to the end.
That is all he needs his guys to do, and then they have a chance.
GFC is going to be a team to be heard from.
**I think I said that before.... (Not to boast-- but I will gloat a little)....................

Now understand that South changed lines in the game-- and that will make a diff.

I heard Groth-hooey-Briggs now skating to gether and they were going at it very well.
The Def. of South struggled--badly(my reports are saying)----
Scoring for South came from Groth assisting a Def-man, then Groth getting their second goal.
Hooey assists on two of the three for South.

Central--when given the chance to hang around will frustrate teams and come up with some wins... MArk those words--
Spicer scored--
Anderson assists, with Purpur getting two goals(including a game winner in OT)--

South wil have to fix the Def. core.. without Narveson, it sounded like they are struggling to have good passes(breakouts) and also not being able to fend off the fore-check(they panic some with the puck)...

Maybe there are some guys that should move back to Def for South--
Hmmm-- McBain-- since he isn't a force as a Fwrd... and in the past hasn't been one to pass--
Not sure who he skated with in the game-- But the kid can shoot--(maybe have him play the pt.)
My source-- said that he got a shot off for the tying goal-- (3) late in the game-- Assisted by Hooey and Groth-- the person talking to me was there and said they annouced-- #9(Briggs) but seemed to think it came from Hooey and Groth with 40 some seconds left in Regulation.

then South lost on a Squib-- (purpur deflected a face off) to win -- And south was shorthanded(**A Def. man tooka stupid penalty right away in OT)--

Anyway-- Central for real-- I believe-- And South will get better, we all know that.. MArk those words too.
Thanks for the opening HockeyHigh....
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gfhockey » Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:30 am

what a good win for that young GFC team. Man oh man, i hope this is a fluke for south or RR will be blowin out everyone this year. another good win for grand forks.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby money2128 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:40 am

Bismarck 6
Minot 1

Bismarck 0 5 1
Minot 0 1 0

First period: No scoring.

Second period: 1. Bismarck, Calvin Krueger (Alec Bry, Ben Hilsen), 2:33. 2. Bismarck, Sean Sullivan (Jared Hochalter, Tyler Richter), 4:31. 3. Bismarck, Jared LaBere (unassisted), 5:07. 4. Minot, Jared Schumaier (Gage Kulig), 5:40. 5. Bismarck, Bry (Tyler Peterson, Krueger), 8:07 (pp). 6. Bismarck, Patrick Anderson (unassisted), 15:29 (sh).

Third period: Bismarck, Grant Mindt (unassisted), 5:24.

Goalie saves: Bismarck — Drew Eichele 4-3-6—13.
Minot — Derek Skogen 5-14-x—19, Darren Medler x-x-17—17.

Penalties: Bismarck — 4 minors.
Minot — 4 minors

Century 8
Williston 4

Williston 1 2 1 — 4
Century 3 3 2 — 8

First period: 1. C, Jace Kusler (Jordan Hoerner, Dan Kovar), 2:59. 2. C, Kovar (Tom Evenson, Hoerner), 8:12. 3. C, Kovar (Kusler), 9:22. 4. W, Cote Dickerson (Casey Gardner), 14:22 (pp).

Second period: 5. C, Joey Paulus (David Gendreau, Richy Weisz), 2:04. 6. C, Kusler (unassisted), 8:34 (sh). 7. C, Hoerner (Kovar, Weisz), 11:45. 8. W, Jake Axtman (Colby Rehak), 14:01. 9. W, Jordan Nelson (Rehak, Charlie Miller),16:51 (pp).

Third period: 10. W, Joey Skaare (Nelson, Axtman), 1:51. 11. C, Hoerner (Taylor Isakson), 7:16. 12. C, Logan Rauhauser (Paulus), 9:06.

Goalie saves: Williston — McCade Evanson 5-10-13 — 28.
Century — Cam Knutson 8-4-11 — 23.

Penalties: Williston 7 minors
Century 6 minors.

Records: Century 1-3-1 West Region, 3-3 over
money2128
NDPreps Starter

Postby Centralhockey_08 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:54 pm

Sportshound wrote:Hockeyhigh--
Sounds like Bina has a team??? He is a good coach-- I do believe.... some of you should too.
What I have heard is Bina had his guys flying...

I think you will be retracking that statement by the end of the season. There are already unhappy people at Central players and parents.
Centralhockey_08
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sioux4ever » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:48 pm

Centralhockey_08 wrote:
Sportshound wrote:Hockeyhigh--
What I have heard is Bina had his guys flying...

I think you will be retracking that statement by the end of the season. There are already unhappy people at Central players and parents.

In hockey there are always unhappy players and parents. Players feel they should be higher up on the lineup chart than they are, parents feel their children are the next "golden boy", etc..... The toughest thing for these parents to swallow is that their child might not be cut out for the USHL, the NAHL, NCAA, etc....
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gfhockey » Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:43 am

Everyone is unhappy. No one in Grand Forks is ever happy. Ill tell ya that. been around high school hckey for years up here and it is just one big rumor mill. its so bad. people think this is the pros. way to much pressure for these kids.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndplaya1 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:24 am

hockeystud6 wrote:Grant Narveson for fargo south is out for the season with a torn achillies tendon. it got sliced by a skate durning the north game. he cant skate for 6 months and cant walk for 3.

You hate to see things like that happen to players, exspecially during the start of the season
ndplaya1

Postby Spoiler92 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:40 am

redriveralltheway wrote:Is grafton doing the same thing Red river did last year with Arnason and Gilbertson. Monstenbroten (sp?) played the big and leauge games. Stark played a non-conference jamoree game and shanley.

Stark played against Bismarck High and won
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing!
Spoiler92
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportshound » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:37 pm

Bad news on the Narveson kid-- I agree...

but as posted--sometimes the Big move for a sport doesn't work out for the best, and in this case-- who knows, just to freaky of an injury(i hear).

Why is everyone Unhappy in GF and at GFC??
What is up with that??
they are what 5-1 or 6-1?? Beat south in OT... Big win for the coach and kids...

And anyone at RR unhappy?? Why-- because they should have stayed where they lived and played with who they started with in that town....?? just wondering...

Can't imagine that winning brings out bad and unhappy people in GF... Maybe it is because the good coaching??
heck --- we'll take those coaches out here!

gfhockey sounds like maybe the guys hit this one on the head-- some parents are unhappy about their "little Jack's " playing time or etc.. Quit whining-- buck and --drop the puck....

OK Soap
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:48 pm

gfhockey is just another extremely biased passerthrough. Everyone that reads or posts on a forum is biased in some way, everyone in fact, is biased in some way. Some people/players/coaches/parents just take it upon themselves to not give anyone else a shot at voicing a more moderate opinion. :/
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby gfhockey » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:51 pm

I was talkin about the situaton with kids moving across town to play for different schools No one is happy cuz someones kid is always lef ton the outside looking in. Belive me, i dont have any kids. jsut peopel are always unhappy here unless they are perfect liek this season is going really good. What I cant figure out tho is why RR players drink Red Bulls during every intermission. I told malm it jsut makes them tired he agreed but its up to his players i guess.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportshound » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:02 pm

So that is funny?/ Red Bulls in a Lockerroom???

Maybe that is why they are so good?? that is why they are winning?
NOT--
but that isn't such a good thing, heavy in Caffeine(spelling?)-- Maybe take some "beaners".. uppers and get going fast and crash..

that may catch up to them later in the season.
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:46 pm

Sportshound wrote:So that is funny?/ Red Bulls in a Lockerroom???

NOT--
but that isn't such a good thing, heavy in Caffeine(spelling?)-- Maybe take some "beaners".. uppers and get going fast and crash..

Something so minor will not do much to the system as long as the system is running already (not just idle and doing nothing like most people do when they take energy drinks) so I'm sure it goes right through the system. Banning drinks such as Red Bull is usually just a coaching test of self-discipline.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:49 pm

Sportshound wrote:So that is funny?/ Red Bulls in a Lockerroom???

NOT--

I really do not think drinking a Red Bull has anything to do with Red River being a good hockey club, if they even do drink them. It probably does give them a quick energy boost. How long does a period of HS hockey last, with stoppages, maybe 30-40 minutes? I'm not buying into the theory regarding drinking the Red Bulls, but let's say it has some sort of proof that it gives you a quick rush of energy, it definitely does not go away in 30-40 minutes. I guess I would not go out to the local grocery store/walmart and buy up their Red Bull supply to make a hockey team better.......
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:56 pm

He was being sarcastic.
The "NOT--" right under it shoulda given it away if you didn't catch the obvious sarcasm in the first place. :o
Sportshound isn't an idiot, and you obviously didn't read the rest of his post if you missed the sarcasm.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:02 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:He was being sarcastic.
The "NOT--" right under it shoulda given it away if you didn't catch the obvious sarcasm in the first place. :o
Sportshound isn't an idiot, and you obviously didn't read the rest of his post if you missed the sarcasm.

I read his whole post, I caught all the sarcasm, and I never said he was an idiot, I agree with the fact that Red Bull does little or nothing for you. I was merely adding a comment to the topic, I should have quoted the comment from GFhockey instead of the one from Sportshound.....MY BAD
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:06 pm

Don't sweat it, I tend to give people crap if I'm bored. :)
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Hockey