Week 2 - High School Hockey

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Week 2 - High School Hockey

Postby Spoiler92 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:09 pm

Yup, Spoilers beat the "Best in the West".
Who's Next? Packers, You're Next!
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing!
Spoiler92
NDPreps Starter

Postby Gongshow » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:12 am

Hey hockey high, what the heck do you know about goaltending? I was watching that game and monsebroten made the first save without leaving a rebound unlike what you said. He played a really good game including this one really big save that he made which looked like an around the world kind of thing. Yeah he had a lot of help from his defense, but isn't that what the defense are supposed to do? Goaltending is a stressful job and a hard job. Goalies strive on their defense to help them out. You see how we are finally seeing how Arnason has been playing without good defense. I'm not saying he's a bad goalie, but he's not a great one either. I think this season will show what goalie is going to step up to the plate. And many goalies, including Monsebroten, are capable of doing it.
Gongshow

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:08 pm

I know what I saw, and any average goalie would have had no trouble containing the rebounds and stopping the pucks thrown at Monsebroten. If anything, Grafton has a weaker defense than a good amount of the teams in the state, and I don't think I mentioned him getting much help from his defense. I was more or less saying that North didn't bury goals that could have easily been scored with any true offense, and they didn't do that. I think we'll all see that when Grafton plays South or Red River, but only time can tell. I wasn't commenting that he didn't play a solid game, 18/18 saves is great, I'm just saying that the manner that he got his shutout was hardly impressive to me.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Hockey