Scores from around the state

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Scores from around the state

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:23 pm

just scores maybe a little recap

CHS 3 WF 2

all in all good game the score was 3-1 after the first WF scored with about 48 seconds left in the 3rd so too little too late but still a good game

North BHS 2 nite 5:30
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Scores from around the state

Postby Olgrz » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:46 am

Dickinson 8
Shanley4
Olgrz
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Olgrz » Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:50 am

Jamestown 1
Williston 0
Olgrz
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gfhockey » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:30 am

gfc 6 minot 1

is the west really that down this year or just minot. gfc is at best a 5th or 6th place team in the east.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby jkaiz » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:48 pm

i think minot is just down this year
jkaiz

Postby Sportshound » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:30 am

GFC over (what people thought was going to be a good West team-and contender)- Minot 6 to 1.
I would have thought it to be a better game.

looks like Bina has driven it in hard --- that working hard and doing things his way will be the way to get to wins.

good job Coach... Now GFC is 2-0-0 and will be in that 4th-6th range of the EDC and probably state.
They could over-achieve and get everyones heads spinning. Who knows--good coaching, players buying in on it and producing good hard-nosed gritty perfomances and they could challenge for the title.

BHS over North-- who saw that? Sounded like BHS was just beating up on a Bantam team--with North having to many young players seeing action, and BHS has a good number of returners and Jr/Sr's.
BHS plays South towards the end of Dec.--that will be their litmus test(doesn't everyone think???).
Seeberg-- had a Trick-- so he is a top end playe???

Century has a good coach, but a ton of young guys also-- they and North have many Bantams playing HS hockey. They will struggle when it comes to top end competition, even in the West.

Anyone else see games?? put your info out... many would like to hear what happened.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Gman1 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:34 pm

i heard century beat north this pst weekend out in bismarck i think the score was 6-5 sounds like north is a young team
Gman1

Postby Sportshound » Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:57 pm

GMan1-- Century and north both young if you look at rosters.(HS hockey website)
they both have many bantam age guys-- I heard that bismarck has 10+guys playing HS hockey not bantams and North has 6x- 9th graders-- wow--
If that is true they have a few years to wait.... And they will get better but have to take lumps first.

Century beating North?/ no surprise-- North's line up is like a Bantam lineup-- that is what was told to me by a person that watched them play in Bismarck this past weekend. they need practice and lots of it. Got thumped by BHS and then to lose to a team with more 9th graders on it than anyone in the state--6-5 after leading-- HMMMMM North in trouble.
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sportshound » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:18 pm

Highheat-- that is what they should say about themselves.(if that is what you were saying)
they should say that they can compete for a Title in a few years...

Now if you meant that the North kids-- will say that about Century-- then that is bad....

I would say that BHS kids will say the same, Century, Minot, Devils Lake, GFC, GFRR and South kids will all say that. And that is GOOD!

I am sying today-- they are not at that level of a team that contends for the title.
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Gman1 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:56 pm

i personnally think that north will not contented for a state title in a couple years i dont even think that these younger kids have even made a A1 state tournamentso to say they will contend for a state title is a little extreme.
Gman1

Postby Gman1 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:57 pm

but good luck to them you never know until you play the game right?
Gman1

Postby sportsfan1989 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:57 pm

jkaiz wrote:i think minot is just down this year

yeah well it seems IMO that Minot usually starts out bad and gets better throughout the year..Like last year..But GFC beating them by 5 goals isn't too good..So maybe my theory is off
sportsfan1989

Postby cd6 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:11 am

jamestown beating williston was a fluke
cd6

Postby Baller » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:39 am

Kind of like Williston going to overtime with Bottineau...Maybe williston just isn't very good.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby money2128 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:18 am

cd6 wrote:jamestown beating williston was a fluke

doubt it
money2128
NDPreps Starter

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:58 am

Baller wrote:Kind of like Williston going to overtime with Bottineau...Maybe williston just isn't very good.

HAHA ive been saying it all along!!
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Orr4 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:39 pm

the only reason williston went into overtime with bottineau is because they had dumb penalties and a few mental breakdowns
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Baller » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:13 pm

Orr4 wrote:the only reason williston went into overtime with bottineau is because they had dumb penalties and a few mental breakdowns

Whatever the excuse is, they still almost got beat by bottineau
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Orr4 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:39 pm

Hey Baller......have you ever played in the Lumberdome???? It isn't exactly the easiest arena to play in. When you are on the ice you are literally right next to the fans and the students. IMO it is the loudest arena in the state. As soon as Bottineau gets momentum they just take off with it and it is hard to catch up with them, especially when they are playing at home.
Life is a Game, Hockey is Serious
Orr4
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:35 am

Orr4 wrote:Hey Baller......have you ever played in the Lumberdome???? It isn't exactly the easiest arena to play in. When you are on the ice you are literally right next to the fans and the students. IMO it is the loudest arena in the state. As soon as Bottineau gets momentum they just take off with it and it is hard to catch up with them, especially when they are playing at home.

HAHAHA its bottineau without herbel i played at the lumberdome 3 times all on their senior night and had 8 points there is got fast ice and their fans are a joke of an excuse because they are easy to block out bottem line is willy isnt that good
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby sportsfan1989 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:46 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
Baller wrote:Kind of like Williston going to overtime with Bottineau...Maybe williston just isn't very good.

HAHA ive been saying it all along!!

How are you going to judge a hockey team by the first 3 games..Seriously...there 2-1 it doesn't matter if they almost lost...they still didn't and plaus I think minot last year went like 1-3 starting off and they ended the year well..IMO i don't think you can tell this early
sportsfan1989

Postby gfhockey » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:14 pm

I really think williston is going to give bismarck high a run for there moeny in the wda and maybe even the consolaton title at state.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:51 pm

gfhockey wrote:I really think williston is going to give bismarck high a run for there moeny in the wda and maybe even the consolaton title at state.

Its going to be tough to see them in the 5th place game if the east cant get someone to compete with grafton because bhs did right now in the state i feel it goes..
1. RR
2. South
3. Grafton
4. BHS
BHS only lost to what everyone is saing is a good Grafton team 3-2???
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby jkaiz » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:57 pm

gfhockey wrote:I really think williston is going to give bismarck high a run for there moeny in the wda and maybe even the consolaton title at state.

i also thought this, but lately seeing the scores of bismarcks games and willistons games with bottineau, im beginning to think BHS is gonna run away with the wda, but its early in the year we will have to see
jkaiz

Postby hockey4life » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:38 pm

jkaiz wrote:

i also thought this, but lately seeing the scores of bismarcks games and willistons games with bottineau, im beginning to think BHS is gonna run away with the wda, but its early in the year we will have to see

i think williston will compete with them, they have injuries, it's the beginning of the season. their goalie is playing good, they'll come together.
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Hockey