Biggest Impact Players

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby GFRRfan » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:22 pm

Who are your guy's picks for the most dynamic and game changing players this year and which ones will carry their team to and through the state tournament?
GFRRfan

Postby Sportshound » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:45 am

In the West-

Mandan--  Logan Martin- back from injury that hurt him all year last yr. he will be a force- couple him with Haugen, they have a Punch.

Minot-  Jared Schumaire-- he gives his team explosiveness.

bismarck high-  Jared Labare-- only thing is he is a D-man and is steady, but doesn't have much else in front of him. he isn't a scorer, solid D though.

dicky town--   Great in the Net-  Kovacs is stallion. but Frenzel, and Kovacs little bro, can't getR done.

Century--  Nothing here- they blew the wadd last yr. getting to that first round game in state vs. South.

H-B-- nothing they should have kept McBain. heard he got in trouble in Fargo now though. Maybe good he is gone fromt he west.

williston-  Rehak-- everyone likes the kid. tough D-Man-- scorer and play maker(somewhat). Nothing else though.

Jamestown-  the only good thing they have is Goalies-- and Eric Paiemont(spelling?).

Bott--  OUCH this year hurts without Herbel-- don't see them having any standouts.

EAST--this is easier:

bigger, more showing in the east than what is out here.

RR- Meland(will score a few this yr.), Schaefer, Arnason, Ladoucer..

Wapheton-  douglas, Metcalf, bauman are there guys.

West fargo- impact from Keller-- and that is it. Smith and eid will struggle, because they have NO d-fence with Swanson and burdick gone.

Fargo North-   bekkadahl-- the only impact they have. and that will be less and less, because they have no d, or O.

Fargo South-  powers, Hooey, Groth will be BIG for the Team. narveson and McLean along with burdick at D-fence should be OK. Look for these guys to lead South on a good season. Equal or better to last yr.

Devils Lake-  jorey Heit/ Groves the goalie-- will impact their teams.

GFCentral-- missing the Key guy-- simonsin. but he is now at RR. the little spicer guy, was good for them last year, Klockman is a Sr. and seems to be a good player.

Shanley-- i guess the New goalie will impact them. other than that-- tough year.

"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby jkaiz » Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:24 am

Sportshound wrote:bismarck high-  Jared Labare-- only thing is he is a D-man and is steady, but doesn't have much else in front of him. he isn't a scorer, solid D though. 

i would have to disagree, bismarck high gets almost all of thier scoring back except goulet.  their first line is back with seeberg, norman, and gies.  only thing i see bismarck having trouble is goaltending, losing hillman, and not having a goalie with varsity experience, i think thier defense will help that cause.

Also, Minot has schmidt coming back who scored alot last season, not exactly sure what they have after that.

and on another note i heard Darwin getzlaf, bottineau's goalie had kidney problems and wont play again so it will be interesting to see how that turns out.
Last edited by jkaiz on Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
jkaiz

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:27 pm

Sticking to the east since I have relatively little west knowledge.

Red River - Meland, Ladoucer, Galbreath, Crary, Schaefer, Arnason. Pretty long list for a pretty deep team. Obviously the team to beat starting the season.

Fargo South - Kelly(G), Powers, Hooey, Groth, Saxerud, McBain (if he is legible?) Don't know about their defense, they had a huge load of seniors last year, now with the addition of Burdick and Narveson, and the JV players from last year. (Which are also kind of unknown to me, couldn't find stats from their JV last year) Seems to be the only big ? for South

Grafton Park-River - The 'Super Sophs' from last year are juniors, Mohagen, Demers, Boyle, Gaustad, Hill and Schaefer, along with their seniors Paulson (? Started last year for GPR). Should be a good team, young, and lacking a solid goaltender will be the only thing hindering them.

Devil's Lake - Jorey Heit (Good but an uncontrollable temper) and Groves. Great players but I doubt 2 players can make a difference enough to get them through state.

Shanley, Whapeton, Fargo North, Central and West Fargo I don't have much to say about, some of the teams are just too young and don't have enough of the hockey talent that the top 3 teams in the east do, or have lost those players in one way or another. These teams will have rough seasons.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportshound » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:47 am

hockeyhigh--  sounds like you know the East well.

Now to get into hockey Chat--  you need to brush up on the West too.

some players out there(West) would be top liners in the East-- providing they didn't transfer just to transfer for hockey.

If they moved early in life-- say  5th/6th grade-- maybe as late as 8th they could build themselves into a program in Fargo/ Grafton/ GForks.

but to expect to find themselves into a leading role in the East is a pipe dream in most cases.

Some have tried, some have succeeded-most just become role players and try to fit in, while all along they would have been better off staying in their old school.

To jkaiz:   bis. high has some scoring back, yes. Labere yes-- but that scoring came with the early season and was against whom?  HB/Botno/dicky/Cent. /Jamestown--now I think that Bis. high got clobbered by South when they went to Fargo--  Maybe 9-1????  I know they think Geis/hochhalter/ and those--  are OK--  Seeberg is probably they impact Forward on that team. Labere is on D--    the goalie is a struggle.

We need to keep into perspective the way things are for real.

Fargo/ GF/ even Grafton(for the next two yrs--then they fall off badly) are the deepest and will be the deepest teams.

South--  has those guys that have experience in the big game-- Powers, Hooey, Groth up front. With newly acquired(sounds like the pros) D-Men to bolster a some unknowns(yet the JV at South has been tops in the league the past--what  how many years??4-5)-- those guys practice and play together all the time. They have ice in Fargo all the time--all yr. long. As they do in GF. And RR has the same thing--experienced core group, that can skate all the time.

that is why South/Grafton/RR have guys on the Elite I Team. They work at it.

those teams will be forever heavy fav's to complete the season and end it at the State tourney most likely in the State Champ game. that is just a fact.

until the West kids and coaches figure out how to supply icetime and get their kids playing and skating more the gap will continue.

The Mandan's, Bis. high, BCHS, Botno, HB,dicky town, Jamestown, willtown, minot--will lag behind because they dont have the ice. simple pure fact. If we fix that-- we get better Hockey players.

You can't get good at hitting a baseball-unless you practice(easy to do at any park), and it is easy to get good at shooting FThrows-- every park has a hoop--- but not every town has Ice to supply.

the kids that are tops in those towns--work hard at it-- they go play in the east in the Summer. They extend themselves to play in the Spring and summer. they get better, and the rest lag behind, thus slowing down progress in the whole of the teams.

Anyway-- my thoughts--

no dynamic players from the West this yr.. good ones--yes---

None that stand up and will take the state by storm!

East yes--   plenty of Very good players as Sr.'s Jr's Sophs---

have a great season all of you players!

"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Biggest Impact Players

Postby Gman1 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:54 am

bekkedhl for north but that is the only one i can think of for them they are just to young and they lost everyone off last years team they lost all there d except brenneman but he is small so no tto much there
Gman1

Postby thenatural » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:23 pm

every freshman at central this year has contributed a great deal already at the varsity level
thenatural
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gfhockey » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:32 pm

Im very surprised with the good play of casey purper.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby Gongshow » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:52 am

[quote="Sportshound"]In the West-

Mandan-- Logan Martin- back from injury that hurt him all year last yr. he will be a force- couple him with Haugen, they have a Punch.

Minot- Jared Schumaire-- he gives his team explosiveness.

bismarck high- Jared Labare-- only thing is he is a D-man and is steady, but doesn't have much else in front of him. he isn't a scorer, solid D though.

dicky town-- Great in the Net- Kovacs is stallion. but Frenzel, and Kovacs little bro, can't getR done.

Century-- Nothing here- they blew the wadd last yr. getting to that first round game in state vs. South.

H-B-- nothing they should have kept McBain. heard he got in trouble in Fargo now though. Maybe good he is gone fromt he west.

williston- Rehak-- everyone likes the kid. tough D-Man-- scorer and play maker(somewhat). Nothing else though.

Jamestown- the only good thing they have is Goalies-- and Eric Paiemont(spelling?).

Bott-- OUCH this year hurts without Herbel-- don't see them having any standouts.

EAST--this is easier:

bigger, more showing in the east than what is out here.

RR- Meland(will score a few this yr.), Schaefer, Arnason, Ladoucer..

Wapheton- douglas, Metcalf, bauman are there guys.

West fargo- impact from Keller-- and that is it. Smith and eid will struggle, because they have NO d-fence with Swanson and burdick gone.

Fargo North- bekkadahl-- the only impact they have. and that will be less and less, because they have no d, or O.

Fargo South- powers, Hooey, Groth will be BIG for the Team. narveson and McLean along with burdick at D-fence should be OK. Look for these guys to lead South on a good season. Equal or better to last yr.

Devils Lake- jorey Heit/ Groves the goalie-- will impact their teams.

GFCentral-- missing the Key guy-- simonsin. but he is now at RR. the little spicer guy, was good for them last year, Klockman is a Sr. and seems to be a good player.

Shanley-- i guess the New goalie will impact them. other than that-- tough year.

Forget about GPR or what?--the Whole team
Gongshow

Return to Hockey