2007-2008 ND Hockey

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2007-2008 ND Hockey

Postby hcky1616 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:23 am

Update - Devils Lake 3 - Jamestown 1- DL got 2 goals from their Junior line - Roed & Dalziel and a goal Henke to Hanson. Defense looked pretty tight - outshot the Jays 45 - 8.
hcky1616

Postby rep » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:33 am

brownbomber wrote:does anyone know how jamestown and dl turned out?

dl 3, jhs 1

sounded like three different guys scored for dl, can't remember who though. paiement scored for jhs and their goalie had 39 saves.
rep

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:01 pm

Gman1 wrote:hey what does everyone think of these kids switching schools. Narveson and simonson just to name a few

It happens when players are interested in playing in a school that has potential, but doesn't show much dedication to a team.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportshound » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:27 pm

HH-- right on again.
loyalty comes to mind. none there, and that means they are there for the wrong reasons--
For only ME---- Or should i say "I"

no place for an "I" on a Team--- get the drift...

they seem to think changing for a better opportunity, on a better team is the only thing to do.
sometimes being the BIG FISH in the little sea you get noticed even more.
So to those guys that left their old Team high and dry-- i say good luck.
now they end up being a Not so BIG fish in a BIgger sea-- that they can't or don't stand out--
It happens in the west as well as in the east.....

hey that kid from Hazen-- should have stayed here. he would have had a chance at Mr. hockey(maybe if he stayed out of trouble)-- his name escapes me now-- see how that is???

he scored a boat load as a soph at Hazen-- then was a nobody or also ran at the Fargo team.
Hazen-- little seas-- got tons of recognition and was seen as a leader.
Fargo-- big ocean-- not seen-or even heard from...

So the guys that leave mid stream with their team-- should not be surprised when they are NOT the BIG FISH! any other comments on this subject...???
NOT!
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Gman1 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:58 pm

I agree with sportshound on this one. Good points made.
Gman1

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:42 pm

Although they won't be the "Big Fish" of FS, I do believe that the transfers will benefit Fargo South. If the transfers can alter their minds to a team effort instead of a personal effort, they can benefit a team. But if that doesn't happen, it'll make them fall into an abyss like Tyrel Mcbain seems to have done. (The name that escaped you) I don't believe Tyrel will be starting at FS this year, and had he stayed at Hazen, he coulda been Senior Athlete of the Year as a Junior, if you get my drift.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sportshound » Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:54 pm

Good additions-- Hockey High, you know your stuff as it seems.
Big Weekend-- for North(goingout west for 2 games-- Bis High and vs. Century)
I see North winning one of them.

Mandan took Bis High pretty good in the scrimmages last week.
Well didn' out score them-- but they played without a coupople of guys--

And hazen was awful--(again without a leader-- now that the name is out- MCbain )--

So we'll see if the lower half of East(North)-- can field a team to compete against the West(supposed top team- Bis High).

If North leaves Bismarck with two wins-- then the East has nothingto vene worry about all year.
Any comments on that?
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Nov 24, 2007 4:26 pm

Jayce Kusler from CHS may be one to look out for in the future maybe i am biased but numbers dont lie and he has 4 or 5 points through the first 2 games aginst North and WF so not too bad of competition...ohh ya he leads CHS in points and he is a freshman
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Gman1 » Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:25 pm

north lost both games out in bismarck this weekend 6-5 to century and 7-1 to high not looking good for north after a rough weekend out west
Gman1

Postby Sportshound » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:10 pm

Sauce-- well: J. Kusler-- is leading a Not so good Century team-- right???
they played some not so good teams-- WF/ North-- and they got wins in both of those...
I think, the way it is stated-- North is not better than some Bantam teams, and WF- well they do not have much in the cupboard after seeing a good bunch of Sr's graduate, and Swanson go to the FM Jets, and Burdick go to South as a Jr......

Tell me after he(Kusler) plays the likes of BHS, Williston, Mandan-- and Oh-- ya-- How about Century plays-- RR, South Grafton-(but they do not--)-- And see what he puts up then..

he is good-- and should be watched-- but lets not make him, a 9th garder, the States Top player in two not so good games vs. not so good talent.

Kusler on the watch list- YES-----not top player list (yet anyways)---
I think there are some F's-- in the West here that are much better: Ie:
Haugen-Mandan, Martin-Mandan, Seeberg- BHS, Schmidt- Minot, Norman(hurt)-BHS, Frenzel-Dickytown... Not to be mean-- and put you down--you might have said--"Kusler looked good for only being a 9th grader-- and he even leads a Low end team in Pts-- but lets watch him this yr. and see how he progresses.."
I am only kidding-- good post and nice to see young guys get the mention as they play hard and perform.... Sauce--I just had to go at it since you said-- "Iam biased"------ on this subject... hahahaha-- sorry if I made you mad-- it was all in good fun-- You made a good pt....
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:33 pm

Sportshound wrote:Sauce-- well: J. Kusler-- is leading a Not so good Century team-- right???
they played some not so good teams-- WF/ North-- and they got wins in both of those...
I think, the way it is stated-- North is not better than some Bantam teams, and WF- well they do not have much in the cupboard after seeing a good bunch of Sr's graduate, and Swanson go to the FM Jets, and Burdick go to South as a Jr......

Tell me after he(Kusler) plays the likes of BHS, Williston, Mandan-- and Oh-- ya-- How about Century plays-- RR, South Grafton-(but they do not--)-- And see what he puts up then..

he is good-- and should be watched-- but lets not make him, a 9th garder, the States Top player in two not so good games vs. not so good talent.

Haugen-Mandan, Martin-Mandan, Seeberg- BHS, Schmidt- Minot, Norman(hurt)-BHS, Frenzel-Dickytown... Not to be mean-- and put you down--you might have said--"Kusler looked good for only being a 9th grader-- and he even leads a Low end team in Pts-- but lets watch him this yr. and see how he progresses.."
I am only kidding-- good post and nice to see young guys get the mention as they play hard and perform.... Sauce--I just had to go at it since you said-- "Iam biased"------ on this subject... hahahaha-- sorry if I made you mad-- it was all in good fun-- You made a good pt....

its not a big deal if you critique me you do it weather i like it or not i never said he was gods gift to hockey all i was saying was he may revitilize a "low end" hockey team but than again you think GFC is up there so i dont know man :D
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:54 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
Sportshound wrote:Sauce-- well: J. Kusler-- is leading a Not so good Century team-- right???

its not a big deal if you critique me you do it weather i like it or not i never said he was gods gift to hockey all i was saying was he may revitilize a "low end" hockey team but than again you think GFC is up there so i dont know man :D

Whether, since we're correcting each other here. :oops:
GFC will not be bad, but do I expect them to post top 3 teams in the state? Not likely. G-PR, South, and RR have basically tied up the spots. If one of them were to slip and fall, it'd probably be G-PR, because scoring 5+ goals a game may be difficult, even with their talent.
As for small and under-par schools, it gives a chance for underclassmen to show their stuff, wereas in other schools (Such as GF and Fargo) they wouldn't get the looks. (IE Tyrel Mcbain when he was a sophomore)
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Hockey