New forums for hockey

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby NDSportsFan » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:13 am

I split up the hockey forums, just to see if it would spur some conversations before the hockey season starts.  It's just an experiment to see if maybe this is something that people want, if it doesn't prove to help, than we can always merge the two topics back together.

Of course, as always, it's ok to post in either forum, no matter where you are from, lets not make that an issue.   But lets also post with respect for others, I don't want to have to become the playground monitor, or make anyone go to the penalty box here.

Also, if there are any WDA topics in the EDC forum that you would like to see moved over here, just let me know here and myself, or one of the mods can move it over for you.  Thanks everyone for your cooperation.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Re: New forums for hockey

Postby AC-DC » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:13 am

I know most people consider those that play Jr Gold hockey second class citizens, but for us with schools too small to sponsor a hockey program, club hockey is the only game in town. It's my first year reading these forums, so I don't know what kind of hockey following you have, but a Jr Gold forum may spark interest state wide. Just a thought, thanks for the hard work keeping the site operating!
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sportshound » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:09 pm

AC-DC Jr. gold is getting better in this state. It used to be a slug-fest, wild choppy hockey game.
things have improved over the last few years.
I have seen some real good players in Jr. gold here in ND.

Heck i think a couple have even made Dakota Selects the last couple of years.
It isn't just the big cities having kids on the teams or being selected.

the league has expanded some in the past couple of years and that is good for the state also.

keep playing this great game they call hockey!
have fun and play hard.

good luck to the players in Jr. gold this yr. also!
"You can tell a man is clever by his answers. You can tell a man is wise by his questions." Naguib Mahfouz (1911- ) Egyptian novelist, Nobel Prize Laureate
Sportshound
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AC-DC » Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:54 pm

We've had several players make ND Selects the last couple of years, Kyle Stephens, Phil Johnson to name a couple. Unfortunately, Kyle succumbed to the Jr Gold stigma this year and moved to live with his dad in Minot, because he wants to go on to play in college. There were also some that went to play at MSU Bottineau, but gave up after the continuous berating of Jr Gold. For the kids in the sticks, it's the only game and they play their hearts out. heck, our younger kids still beat up on the Canadian teams. The Squirts had their first game Sunday against Benfeit. After only 2 practices, they won 7 - 6. They were ahead by 5 goals at one point, but the lack of practice almost caught up with them in the end.

We do our best, thanks for the support.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:57 pm

IMO the best ways to make this forum Organized would to make it so each sport has a Subform in the High School Athletics section, from there you can put the different Sub-Subforms. IE: ND Hockey - Subforms: High School EDC, High School WDA, Jr. Gold
for Football, Football - Subforms: Class AAA, Class AA, Class A, 9-Man
Sure you could do that for every sport, and it'd keep it really organized and less cluttered. But I guess that takes a lot of work :roll:
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:27 am

There might be some changes made like that at some point. I'll probably combine the hockey forums again and create subforums for wda, edc, and club hockey. Stay tuned.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby HockeyHigh » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:49 pm

*Claps*
One of my ideas has been passed. Soon, I will control the entire forum. *Snickers* :twisted:
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Gman1 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:50 am

i agree with sportshound that jr gold is getting better i think people get a bad vibe from jr gold because it was teerrible hockey with hundreds of penalties and it was just bad hockey but it has gotten alot better in the recent years so keep up the good work on improving the league
Gman1

Return to Hockey