Dakota Starz National Chanpions tier II

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby brownbomber » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:03 pm

i wonder how they would do in tier I
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby GFRRfan » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:33 am

well they beat Team Wisconsin and Shattuck who were 2 very good Tier 1 teams.
GFRRfan

Postby UNDHockey22 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:38 pm

They would obviously not see the same success at tier 1 that they did at tier 2.  They played mostly one and two goal games at the National tournement for tier 2, which leads me to believe they would probably struggle a little bit at the tier 1 level.
UNDHockey22
NDPreps Rookie

Postby brownbomber » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:58 pm

maybe they weed out some kids and pick up some players and they might see that success?
I am what I am
brownbomber
NDPreps All-State

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue May 01, 2007 5:19 am

brownbomber wrote:maybe they weed out some kids and pick up some players and they might see that success?

I know there were a few sophomores playing on the Elite II team instead of the U16 team. They could have possibly done better with some of these players added to the team.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby UNDHockey22 » Tue May 01, 2007 11:43 am

This is not intended to be a knock against the Starz, but it is very unlikely that they could have had the same success at the tier 1 level as they did at the tier 2.  Even if they did pick up a couple of players who may have been good enough to play who did not.  The elite tier one teams usually have a couple of guys who can flat out embarrass teams.  Future division one and pro players.  Guys like Kyle Okposo (UofM), Rhett Rhakashani (Denver), Sidney Crosby, Zach Parise, Tony Mosey, Drew Stafford, Jonathan Toews, Donnie Hallmarck, the list goes on and on and on.  It is not as often you find players like this on tier 2 teams (Craig Conroy, Calgary Flames).
UNDHockey22
NDPreps Rookie

Previous

Return to Hockey