Top Teams Next year

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby NDhockey6b » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:03 pm

Name your top 10 picks for next Season.
every practice matters...but every game Counts
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDhockey6b » Mon Feb 27, 2006 7:11 pm

Mine are off of not much searching and pretty much straight off the top of my head so I probably have some bad guessing errors.

1  R.R.

2  Central

3  South

4  Devils Lake

5  Grafton

6  Minot

7  Fargo North

8  Jamestown

9 Fargo Shanely

10 Century

NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby money2128 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:36 am

1. Red River
  2. South
  3. GPR
  4. Jamestown
  5. Central
  6. Devils Lake
  7. North
  8. Bismarck
  9. Century
  10. Minot
[align=left]East                               [/align]
  1. Red River
  2. Fargo South
  3. GPR
  4. GF Central
  5. Devils Lake
  6. Fargo North
  7. West Fargo
  8. Shanley
  9. Whapeton
West
  1. Jamestown
  2. Bismarck
  3. Century
  4. Minot
  5. Williston
  6. Hazen
  7. Mandan
  8. Dickinson
  9. Bottineau
Last edited by money2128 on Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
money2128
NDPreps Starter

Postby theefollman » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:13 am

In the East next year devils lake will be tuff. It is more competitive but they are returning everyone but 4 seniors. 2 forwards and 2 defensman. They had a good year this year being in every game. Losing to South which should of been a 5-3 goal with a last second goal that should have counted. South is losing a lot but always reloads. Red River will lose a lot with mihulka and spies graduating. GPR is losing a lot with the campbell boys leaving for graduation. Also there goalie is gone too. GFC never impressed me much this year until State. All the rest of the east region teams will be so-so.

1.Fargo South

2.Red River

3.Devils Lake

4.Grand Forks Central

5.GPR

6.West Fargo

7.Fargo Shanley

8.Whapeton

The west will be really really weak. Jamestown should have a hayday over there pickin up many many wins. Minot might be some what decent but will lose a lot. Williston had a decent year this year with having injury problems but they will  lose a ton of great players. Bismarck High always has a team that can compete but they wont be nearly as good as recent years. Century is in the rebuilding stage. Hazen might beable to  sneak into the state tourny because of a weak west but wont compare to any east. Bottineau might pick up a few wins but will still be at the bottom of the barrel. They will compete with Mandan and Dickinson to see who can post the least losses.

1.Jamestown

2.Bismarck High

3.Williston

4.Century

5.Hazen

6.Dickinson

7.Mandan

8.Bottineau
theefollman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby theefollman » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:33 am

I forgot Minot in my poll. They will be 3rd and than bump everyone down after that.
theefollman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 1337 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:51 am

Someone tell me if I'm wrong, but I believe Grafton is only losing one Campbell.
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Slapshot03 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:51 am

They lose both Campbells.
Slapshot03
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Slapshot03 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:27 am

theefollman wrote:I forgot Minot in my poll. They will be 3rd and than bump everyone down after that.

And you forgot Fargo North in the East.
Slapshot03
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ming01 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:46 pm

I dont follow hockey as much as I do basketball but here are my picks for the west next year.  I would pick the east but I don't know much about them.

West:
1. Minot
2. Century
3. BHS
4. Williston
5. Jamestown
6. Hazen-Beulah
7. Dickinson
8. Mandan
9. Bottineau
Last edited by Ming01 on Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby DrPepper1 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:30 pm

South

Grafton

Red River

No one else will compete, just like this year with South and Red River.
DrPepper1
NDPreps Starter

Postby OldTimer » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:18 am

I will have to agree that Red River, South, and Grafton will likely be the top teams, however it isn't that simple.  There are a lot of graduating seniors after this year so next year will have a whole new look.  I think Devils Lake is going to be tough next year especially since they are moving to the east, I think they are going to shake things up but don't have any players that are going to carry them to a title game.  Minot and maybe Bismarck High will be strong from the west but until they prove themselves I really can't give them too much credit.  Red River will always be tough with their superior coaching staff, and some good young players in their organization and coming up from Bantams.  South is one of the largest programs in the state and I think they are going to be tough again, but have a long ways to go filling some big shoes.  Grafton arguably has the strongest core of upcoming siniors, juniors, and sophomores, but also has a lot to prove with some big players leaving, most notably a 3 or 4 year varsity goalie.  It's a long ways away and I think it is going to come down to which team works harder in the offseason as that is getting to be more important every year.
OldTimer
NDPreps Rookie

Postby exwestcoach » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:58 am

For those of you who consider yourselves hockey gurus, I would like to have you rethink your idea that by Jamestown simply moving to the west they will be the power out there. They lost over 60% of their point production through graduation and Century beat them last year. I beg to differ, they will be lucky to finish higher than 6th in the west in 2006-2007.
exwestcoach

Postby under armour » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:13 am

I agree with you exwestcoach, just because the east overdomintes hockey year in and year out does not mean that Jamestown will come in to the west and be the force. They might be in the middle of things but will not be the #1 team in the west. I would put them with Williston, Dickinson, Hazen, and Century.
under armour
NDPreps Starter

Postby 1337 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:17 am

I third the motion, Jamestown will not be number one out west.
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby under armour » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:43 pm

What did you all think of Tyrel McBain this year? Fluke season or will he be a force for years coming?
under armour
NDPreps Starter

Postby tomjof64 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:16 pm

I was able to see Mcbain play several times this year.  Great hands, not very physical.  Always in good position and has a good shot.  In the east he would have been a 2nd liner, just because of the faster situations and more physical play.  Next year Hazen loses Haugstad his linemate, they worked very well together.  Tyrel his a great talent.  What he does in the offseason will tell the tale for next year.  He might be able to duplicate the numbers but everybody will be more focused in on stopping him.
tomjof64

Postby NDhockey6b » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:31 pm

i heard from the rumor mill that Mcbain and his mother or father will be moving to Devils Lake, RR, or West Fargo. I guess he knows families in DL and West Fargo? DL and RR have high talent in the 08(sophmore) class. He will be losing the entire team  hazen had this year other than a JR that had 15 points and a sophmore with i wanna say 6-8 points? Losing that much scoring power i don't blame the Mcbains for wanting their talented son to get better with east competition and even maybe more recognition. On the other hand, maybe their is unknown skill in hazen and Mcbain would want to stay in his longtime hometown and break all the scoring records and maybe turn up with decent hockey team around him. I don't care what all the people say about o it was cause he got set up by his Sr linemates, O its just the west. This kid Must have a gift for scoring. He got the most goals in the state as a sophmore. No matter who you play against thats unheard of for a sophmore getting 37 goals. Let alone the last half of the season every team that played them watched out for him and crunched down on him and he still scored. I think any team that gets the chance have this kid will be glad they have him. Yeah maybe he woulda been a second liner in the east, but i don't agree that the east was more pyhsical. Mcbain seemed tough on his skates(probably because he's used to having the whole other team trying to take his head off. :D 
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDhockey6b » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:45 pm

RR's 4 Sophmores had 107 out of the teams 288 points. RR is returning 119 points total and losing their starting goalie. DL's 7 sophmores had 84 points. DL is returning 140 out of 208 points. DL's starting goalie was a sophmore ranked 6-8 throughout the season. Points are just merely a stat and may mean nothing towards next years teams. I checked the Hazen JR had 18 points which is decent and he may be the difference of Mcbain leaving town or not. DL is packing some experience. Correct me if im wrong but i think 5 out of those 7 sophmores will be 3rd year varstiy as JRS!? Gallbreath from RR is the only 3rd year JR next year.

Anyone from DL im puzzeled about a sophmore Laber? He played one game and had one goal? Whered he go? please reply
Last edited by NDhockey6b on Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby big_tyme_hockey » Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:04 am

Laber was injured in the first game of the season, vs. Jamestown. He received a pretty nasty check from behind while racing full speed. Many people who saw it agree that it was a dirty play. Laber was sidelined the whole year and never returned to the team.
big_tyme_hockey

Postby NDhockey6b » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:55 am

ouch! I am sorry to hear that. His lose for the whole year must have hurt your forward scoring and line situation. Hopefully he has better luck next year and regains some ground on this injured season. He is just one of your many talented sohpmores.
NDhockey6b
NDPreps Starter

Postby big_tyme_hockey » Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:31 pm

Yes, it did hurt a little bit. But the rest of the sophomore core and the rest of the team stepped it up to make up for the loss.
big_tyme_hockey

Postby Saucesauer » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:03 pm

mcbain will not go to D L that was the rumor 4 years ago from what i hear from him he is most likely to go to Red River and live with his predators coach.
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby big_tyme_hockey » Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:24 pm

You've talked to Tyrel himself about it, or is it just something that you've heard?
big_tyme_hockey

Postby Saucesauer » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:15 am

ive herd it through one of his predators teammates that talks to him almost everyday
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 1337 » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:12 pm

From what I hear right now as of this post, McBain won't be at Red River.
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Hockey